Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,051 to 1,066 of 1066

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I petitioned from day 1 to sculpt Ace because he was my favorite secondary character toy as a kid. I loved working on him and Iím so glad they approved the cigar chomping concept art head.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I petitioned from day 1 to sculpt Ace because he was my favorite secondary character toy as a kid. I loved working on him and I’m so glad they approved the cigar chomping concept art head.
    The design of Ace looks amazing. As long as the final product is free from QC issues he should be one of the most fun in the line.

I love the WW1/2 Pilot gimmick. The flight jacket, the aviator googles, the bandolier of egg grenades, the tommy gun, the pistol, the cigar...and then he's a duck with wings?

I grew up in the 80s and I definitely feel a Disney Afternoon/Tailspin vibe.

Like I said, Ace was in my Top 10 wants from Day 1. I prefer the villains, but for the Turtles Ace, Ray, Wyrm, and Muckman, Wing Nut, and the Punk Frogs were the go to allies.

I like the tape around the Tommy Gun's handle. That's a nice touch too. He feels like he's oozing personality.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberius704 View Post
    Holy smokes, I just checked ebay. I had no idea he was that rare! Yeah, I guess his inclusion in Ultimates makes a lot of sense.
    yeah he got stupid expensive over the last 18 months.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would surmise that this confirms a variant turtle for each of the next two waves (at least.)

I don't see them releasing two Donatellos in such short succession, so my guess is that Space Cadet Raph will be one of the Wave 7 slots...

I think Rat King is a pretty safe bet at this point as well... and, maybe, Wyrm??
    Bryan already said that we'd get a variant Turtle in every wave going forward.

I think Rat King, Traag, one of the Frogs, and Panda Khan have to be one of the next two waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I think Rat King, Traag, one of the Frogs, and Panda Khan have to be one of the next two waves.
    There were rights issues with Panda Khan similar to Usagi. Panda Khan is one character I'm not sure we'll see in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    There were rights issues with Panda Khan similar to Usagi. Panda Khan is one character I'm not sure we'll see in the line.
    Really? I always thought Panda Khan was just another TMNT character. Was he created by someone else / from an external property like Usagi?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberius704 View Post
    Really? I always thought Panda Khan was just another TMNT character. Was he created by someone else / from an external property like Usagi?
    I did too. I think it was on one of the Fwooshcasts it was stated Panda Khan was owned by another company and there was a potential netflix series or something putting him into question.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm questioning my sanity, but for now I have preordered the entire wave through BBTS, including an extra (second) Slash. I purposely put the individual figures in my cart instead of ordering them as a set so I can cancel items if I choose to. There's a really good chance I may cancel Scratch since I have zero attachment to him, but for now he is in the order.

As far as why I ordered 2 Slash figures, there's a couple of reasons (geeky rant ahead)...

Slash was always among my favorite figures. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Also, in general, I've loved what Super7 and the 4HM have done with the Ultimates TMNT figures where various sculpted details that did exist on the original figures (but were either unpainted or not separately/uniquely painted) are included on the new figures and given their own unique paint apps.

And for the most part, I love what they've done with this Ultimates version of Slash in that regard . But I have mixed feelings on his belt in particular....

In terms of his belt, the vintage figure had two primary variants. The more common standard one had his belt in black, and the more rare version had his belt in the same pink/purple color as his shoulder pads. I had the black belt version, so that's what I associate Slash with.

It seems with this Ultimates figure, they went for sort of a combination between the two. It looks nice for what it is, but the pink/purple kind of overpowers it for my personal preference. So I am getting two because despite my preference, I want to leave one "as-is", but with the other I will likely repaint the belt to mostly be black. But I may go a route of using black and shades of gray/silver (kind of like what we've seen with some of the main Turtles) to give it a bit more variation. I'll probably do that on things like the octagon going around his backwards S, and the boxes around the skulls.

That is my main reason for wanting to do this, but a secondary reason is for the extra weapons. I've commented before that I kind of feel that with the fully painted weapons being made for these figures, the rack/sprue of weapons seems unnecessary...

This is one case where I'm glad they are including them because I really associate those bright pink/redish weapons with Slash. I just kind of wish that if they are going to includes two versions of the accessories like that, for characters like Slash whose weapons never came on a rack/sprue, they weren't put on one and just included in their original colors (mainly because if I decide to use them as will be the case here, then when pulling them off, they will have those little tabs/rough areas from where they were removed from it). But I digress on that.

The reason why having 2 Slashes will be nice is that I could possibly give one of the two of the pink/redish "wacky" sai, which is the weapon I most associate with him. Another possibility would be to leave one set of pink weapons as-is color-wise, and maybe slightly repaint the others. Keep the pink/red motif, but maybe see if I can get/mix a metallic version of it to paint the blade of his sai, sword, etc..... keeping the basic color scheme, but giving them a two toned look (similar to MOTUC He-Man's power sword).

Obviously I'm still on the fence as to exactly how to handle the weapons, but I know for sure what I'd like to do in terms of repainting the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I did too. I think it was on one of the Fwooshcasts it was stated Panda Khan was owned by another company and there was a potential netflix series or something putting him into question.
    Same issue as Usagi. Panda khan is owned by the creators Monica Sharp and Dave Garcia. They are super nice people and I am sure in touch with S7 right now.
    cogito ergo doleo

New wave 6 Super7 video.
    https://youtu.be/CQt8QFMBn1c

Slash looks gorgeous!! My only pick up from this wave.
    I'm not going into the variants. And the other two just doesn't feel TMNT to me (no nostalgic connection with these two characters).
    TRADE: I have a mint moc Minicomic Tri-Klops Mattel Creations. I'm looking for the Walmart TMNT figures reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    New wave 6 Super7 video.

I'm not going into the variants. And the other two just doesn't feel TMNT to me (no nostalgic connection with these two characters).
    yeah he looks great. I am picking him and the mousers up.
    cogito ergo doleo

New wave 6 Super7 video.

I'm still debating on Slash...

But, this may be a wave that I skip in its entirety. That would definitely be a money-saver!

...I'm still surprised that Scratch was chosen before characters like Rat King, Traag or the Triceraton. Just because he was produced in small numbers and thus, very hard to collect vintage, does not mean he is a good figure.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm still debating on Slash...

But, this may be a wave that I skip in its entirety. That would definitely be a money-saver!

...I'm still surprised that Scratch was chosen before characters like Rat King, Traag or the Triceraton. Just because he was produced in small numbers and thus, very hard to collect vintage, does not mean he is a good figure.
    But it does mean he is/was a desirable figure.
    cogito ergo doleo

Michaelangelo's right knee joint won't bent at all.
    This happened to my Raphael figure as well but I was able to fix it with hot water/hair dryer "trick".

But the knee from Michaelangelo just won't bent and I can feel that if I'd apply a bit more pressure, it will snap.

Is there a way to take the knee joint apart?
    TRADE: I have a mint moc Minicomic Tri-Klops Mattel Creations. I'm looking for the Walmart TMNT figures reissues.

Michaelangelo's right knee joint won't bent at all.
    This happened to my Raphael figure as well but I was able to fix it with hot water/hair dryer "trick".
    Did you do it several times? Sometimes it takes multiple times. I also suggest heating it up and then dunking it in old water. Going from hot to cold and back can sometimes free up stubborn stuck joints. I did this to the Foot Soldiers after reports came in of stuck elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Did you do it several times? Sometimes it takes multiple times. I also suggest heating it up and then dunking it in old water. Going from hot to cold and back can sometimes free up stubborn stuck joints. I did this to the Foot Soldiers after reports came in of stuck elbows.
    I will try this method. Thank you for your help.