Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Woot! Nice!!

I just mentioned Ray Fillet a few posts ago... I though that we would have to wait a while longer for him!

Already got my orders for him in!

Since I really don't care for Krang or a variant Leo, I decided to grab Two Rays and Leatherhead.

I am really liking the Leatherhead... I think it's because he's so unique (and close to the vintage) that I like him.

Bring on the rest of the Mutanimals!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Is Super7 really going to try to sell Krang in his walker for $55?

I figured Ultimates would have the android body and the walker...
    Well apparently you get two Krang figures in the box since they can't really do alternate heads of a guy who's just a brain, but still yeah seems he should include a lot more at that price.

I like the look of these figures but cost and space are making me not get into the line. I picked up Baxter and have April pre-ordered but have mostly been sticking to the NECA toon and movie ones. Even those I'm not getting everyone.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Wave 5!!! Whoa! Best Wave yet.

3 of my top wants. Krang, Ray, and Leatherhead.

Leatherhead in particular was a Top 3 want for me.

The only major criticism I have is that I think it was too early for a turtle variant; but they are at least leading with one of the most requested variants. I would have preferred another unique character, but I did want Samurai Leo.

The next major figures I want are Wrym, Ratking, Super Shredder, and Slash.
    ---------

Some quick thoughts.

Krang: I would have preferred the android body but bubble walker is what I expected and I do love that version too. The fact that you get 2 separate Krangs and alternate hands for the android arms is neat.

Samurai Leo: Looks great. I just hope he can hold his swords better than the standard version.

Ray: Awesome. What else can I say? I hope we get an Archie comics variant at some point.

Leatherhead: He looks great. My one major concern is that he looks a little small. I was hoping he was as large as Bebop and Rocksteady. He still looks a undersized, but even if he is, the scale is still better than the vintage figure. I can live with it.

------------

The production photos of Wave 3 show Michelangelo has metal chains on one set of nun-chucks. That's a huge relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Ray Fillet!??! WOW! That was out of left field. One of my favorite vintage figures! And Leatherhead has always been one of my most wanted figures. The wave overall is really good.

That price though is a real killer. I understand that costs are up but S7 needs to do something to keep the price down. Omitting the weapons racks would be fine with me. I said this over a year ago but I could live without the elaborate packaging. IMO they should have just release these on vintage inspired clamshell packaging. These figures are supposed to be based on the vintage figures after all.

I have the reissue Foot Soldiers and they came in great shape except for some stuck elbows which was easy to fix.
    yeah the weapon racks were 'neat' to begin with but figures that didn't come with them don't need them and they are usually warped anyway. PLUS some weapons suffer because they have to 'fit' the rack like bebop's drill gun being super tiny or the foot soldier clamp staff being small.

I can also do without the crazy packaging. I would actually prob buy two of each figure if they had vintage style packaging.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    NECA has their Android body Krang for sale at $35... and that thing is loaded with accessories. Just ordered it. I can't believe Super7 is charging $55 for their tiny Krang...

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah the weapon racks were 'neat' to begin with but figures that didn't come with them don't need them and they are usually warped anyway. PLUS some weapons suffer because they have to 'fit' the rack like bebop's drill gun being super tiny or the foot soldier clamp staff being small.

I can also do without the crazy packaging. I would actually prob buy two of each figure if they had vintage style packaging.
    These have been my number-one complaints since day one of the Ultimates line...

Accessories that end up in a plastic bin are a waste of space and the packaging serves absolutely no purpose... you can't even display the actual figure because of the slip-case! Such an unnecessary use of materials.

The throwbacks are a nice nod to the original line, but you don't see Star Wars Black series figures with lightsabers that extend from their wrists because an update should fix the shortcomings of the 80's and 90's mass production action figure.

Super 7: drop the unwanted accessories, use vintage-inspired resealable clamshell packaging ala Mystic Legions and save us some money!

(Seriously.... at $55 Krang and walker should have come packaged with Fugitoid or something...)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    An impressive wave!

I really like all 4 figures although I agree that Krang should have been a two pack with another character.

I may just get Ray Fillet (big fan) and Samurai Leo which I have never owned before. Leatherhead is really nicely done, but I'm good with the vintage and NECA ones.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    For anyone missing Wave 1 or 2, BBTS has them up for Pre-Order again for Q4 delivery this year.
    Thanks! This line must be doing well for them to go into additional runs. It's a smart move as well to allow newbies to jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Wave 5!!! Whoa! Best Wave yet.

3 of my top wants. Krang, Ray, and Leatherhead.

Leatherhead in particular was a Top 3 want for me.

The only major criticism I have is that I think it was too early for a turtle variant; but they are at least leading with one of the most requested variants. I would have preferred another unique character, but I did want Samurai Leo.

The next major figures I want are Wrym, Ratking, Super Shredder, and Slash.
    ---------

Some quick thoughts.

Krang: I would have preferred the android body but bubble walker is what I expected and I do love that version too. The fact that you get 2 separate Krangs and alternate hands for the android arms is neat.

Samurai Leo: Looks great. I just hope he can hold his swords better than the standard version.

Ray: Awesome. What else can I say? I hope we get an Archie comics variant at some point.

Leatherhead: He looks great. My one major concern is that he looks a little small. I was hoping he was as large as Bebop and Rocksteady. He still looks a undersized, but even if he is, the scale is still better than the vintage figure. I can live with it.

------------

The production photos of Wave 3 show Michelangelo has metal chains on one set of nun-chucks. That's a huge relief.
    This is a solid wave, indeed. I am also surprised we are getting Turtle variants so early.

Does anyone know where Leo's gold teeth are from? I thought it was the old packaging art but apparently not, unless it's another version of the card art?
    Leo,_the_Sewer_Samurai_(1990_action_figure).jpg

I just feel Leatherhead's eyes are too red/evil looking. The vintage one had more yellow if I recall correctly. More yellow surrounding and red as the pupil. Can we get a second head Super7?
    s-l300.jpg

Well, I'm hyped for this wave! I might even end up getting that Leo; my daughter is pretty gung-ho on that figure.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Does anyone know where Leo's gold teeth are from? I thought it was the old packaging art but apparently not, unless it's another version of the card art?
    I assume you are talking about the alternate head? I've never seen that Samurai mask version of him before, so I guess it's a new head just for this figure. They are taking quite a few liberties with this figure (for the better IMO), by updating his sheath, giving him a few more swords and added accessories, and coloring his shield.

*There is a picture of me from Christmas one year, crying because I got a Samurai Leo figure watch. I wanted one of the TMNT figure watches where the figure could be taken off.

Also, seeing Krang come with two... Krangs? might be more justified to some of you that were thinking he's not worth the $55...

Think it's your typical Kabuto mask having gold highlight the teeth over red. Red might seem like the teeth were covered in blood.

Probably more a slight nod to the TMNT 3 movie figures.

Was always one of my favorite figures as a kid, so put in for a preorder despite pretty much having what I want from the line already.

Aside from a certain rabbit.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Also, seeing Krang come with two... Krangs? might be more justified to some of you that were thinking he's not worth the $55...
    I guess people can start building an Utrom army!

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    I ordered all four from BBTS. I'm happy Krang comes with both the display stand and the walker to display both heads at the same time. I was not planning to order the and Variant Turtles, but boy the Leo looks too good to pass up. And I did have that one as a kid, so I do have a nostalgic feel for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Glad to see we're three Mutanimals deep.

My speculation for the next wave:

Space Cadet Raph, Wingnut & Screwloose, Slash... and one more.

Flynn suggested in an interview that wave 6 was when we'd see some stuff never produced in the vintage line. So... Armaggon, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

Flynn suggested in an interview that wave 6 was when we'd see some stuff never produced in the vintage line. So... Armaggon, perhaps?
    I think some of the most popular characters, who have never been done in the vintage line, are:

- Alopex (IDW series)
    - Human Baxter Stockman (1987)
    - Renet (Mirage)
    - Karai (2003)
    - Hun (2003)

Or, any of the exclusive characters found in the Tournament Fighters games, i.e. War, Aska, Armaggon or Sisyphus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think some of the most popular characters, who have never been done in the vintage line, are:

- Alopex (IDW series)
    - Human Baxter Stockman (1987)
    - Renet (Mirage)
    - Karai (2003)
    - Hun (2003)

Or, any of the exclusive characters found in the Tournament Fighters games, i.e. War, Aska, Armaggon or Sisyphus.
    I noticed Super 7 are doing some Mirage inspired ReAction figures.

If they can produce other figures not just sticking to the vintage Playmates designs, it's strange why they did full on toy inspired designs for some characters...especially Shredder and Splinter. Overall I think my favorite design for Shredder was from the Archie Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

If the idea is to push one of the original turtle variants in the next 3 waves, I'd bank on Space Cadet Raph as well. My favorite of the original variants is Sewer Surfin' Mikey.

I'd be very shocked if Rat King doesn't make it into Wave 6 though.

My Wave 6 Predictions would probably be

1. Space Cadet Raph
    2. Rat King
    3. Slash

and if it's a never produced character

4. Dreadmon or Jagwar

Either of them would go one step further to completing the Mighty Mutanimals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Overall I think my favorite design for Shredder was from the Archie Comics.
    2003 Utrom and Tengu Shredder for me hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    2003 Utrom and Tengu Shredder for me hands down.
    2003 Utrom Shredder is also a very cool design.

Super 7 has reopened preorders for the four brothers... (big surprise)

The window closes on June 1st, but won't be shipped until early 2022, lol...

Heroic Warrior
    Grabbed 2 more foot soldiers.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

myu splinter from bbt came in today.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...ts-816x816.jpg
    The funny thing is that they've released these Pre-Ordered additional runs so many times now that the secondary market prices have dropped significantly. At this point, they're very reasonable in comparison to what Super 7 is charging for a secondary market price. IMO, just look around, pay the extra few bucks and save yourself the aggravation of dealing with their "quite optimistic" release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    The funny thing is that they've released these Pre-Ordered additional runs so many times now that the secondary market prices have dropped significantly. At this point, they're very reasonable in comparison to what Super 7 is charging for a secondary market price. IMO, just look around, pay the extra few bucks and save yourself the aggravation of dealing with their "quite optimistic" release schedule.
    QFT.

I just snagged a loose Foot Soldier from eBay for $40 shipped!

And, I never pulled the trigger on (that fugly) Splinter, but eBay has him floating between the $30 - $50 range... which will most certainly continue to drop. (He is still available on BBTS too...)

QFT.

I just snagged a loose Foot Soldier from eBay for $40 shipped!

And, I never pulled the trigger on (that fugly) Splinter, but eBay has him floating between the $30 - $50 range... which will most certainly continue to drop. (He is still available on BBTS too...)

Even if it's at like $60ish let's say it's worth it. They cost $45.00 from Super 7 alone (and that's the old pricing) BBTS is like $50.00 or so on some of these. There would be no way in hell that I'm waiting approximately a year for something that I want to save a freakin' 10 bucks.

You can't even buy a basic lunch with a lousy drink for $10.00.

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...ts-816x816.jpg
    Yeah that's awesome. That's a nice gesture for fans who missed out on the first few waves or those fans who wanted to see reviews of the initial figures before committing to the line. It was also a smart business decision.

I posted this on page 15 of this thread back on July 2, 2020:

A lot of fans will hold off supporting a line unless they know they can more or less get the essentials.

MOTUC struggled hard with that in its last few years. Thundercat fans were burned several times.

The first wave is almost in people's hands. Will it be too late to get into the line for some people? Maybe. Can Super 7 make another run of the main 4? Absolutely.
    Any one who genuinely wants in on the line has every reasonable chance now. Aside from the 2nd production run, all of Wave 1 is available for preorder on BBTS again.