Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1388

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Yeah, Toybro has his Samuari Leo and Leatherhead reviews up. Toyshiz reviewed the whole wave and Pixel Dan has Samurai Leo up too.

Leo unfortunately looks like he has gummy swords. That sucks big time. I stress looks like because none of them pointed it out, but I think it's pretty obvious.

The loose hips on the turtles has never registered as a complaint to me because my turtles all stand fine so far.
    I do have a Metalhead and Leo who have looser hips than I'd like, but after MOTUC I'm used to having to fix loose ankles and feet.

Toyshiz's Krang looks super loose and that sucks if it's widespread.

The bubble walker looks so cool. On the other hand I'm probably going to use the little rolling walker most of the time anyway.

That's not excusing the issue of course.

Leatherhead looks fine thankfully. He was my #1 want from the line anyway.

I'm actually breathing a sigh of relief. My biggest fear after the reveal was that he would be too small.

After seeing Toybro's review he's still too small, but is bigger than the turtles and the girth on him makes up for it.

I need to get him in hand, but I think I'm going to be okay with his size.

Ray seems to be fine as well. We'll see as more reviews trickle out.
    I get they were going for the look of the vintage toy but I do still really like the size of Leatherhead in the cartoon and Archie comics.
    The figures size looks good enough though when compared to the other figures. Very unique looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I get they were going for the look of the vintage toy but I do still really like the size of Leatherhead in the cartoon and Archie comics.
    Totally. I'm definitely a bigger is better fan when it comes to Leatherhead.

But I think I'm fine with Bebop and Rocksteady being taller since Leatherhead is bulkier and more massive.

It's a trade off I think I can live with even if it's not my preference.

Of course still need my figure in hand to judge for myself..

I'm the opposite... one of my favorite aspects of the Playmates Leatherhead is his size and unique stature.

The short arms and legs and the length of his torso made him look like a crocodile wearing human clothes.

Even though it's more accurate to the Mirage character, more recent versions of Leatherhead look too similar to DC's Killer Croc
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Wave 5 and the rest of 6 still haven't shown up. So odd to get part of a wave and nit the wave thays before it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I've seen lots of reviews popping up... but, still no notification about wave 5 from BBTS...

Heroic Warrior
    Slash review is up. Geek dad got it

Heroic Warrior
    Scratch review is up

We have Slash and the Mousers on their way to us, and I got notice our preorders of Ace and Krang should arrive at BBTS soon.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Totally. I'm definitely a bigger is better fan when it comes to Leatherhead.

But I think I'm fine with Bebop and Rocksteady being taller since Leatherhead is bulkier and more massive.

It's a trade off I think I can live with even if it's not my preference.

Of course still need my figure in hand to judge for myself..
    I hope NECA do a Mirage Leatherhead.

That's exactly what I'm banking on.

A Mirage version of Leatherhead is almost a given...

I would love it if Neca was granted the opportunity to make Usagi Yojimbo and Cerebus (comic versions.)

Heroic Warrior
    Another glow in the dark lol. Of course I'm getting it.

The only GITD figure Ive bought was Baxter, and Im not even as in love with it as I wish I was. (Hes great, but I look at him and think Id rather have direct that money on a new character.)
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

If anyone here doesn't care for the packaging and tosses it in the bin or recycling, let me know via PM please .

We were keeping the packaging, but have decided not to to save space. So far, we've cut the sewer cover logos out and the Bios, but we might not even do that, Shecky.

Hermione reviewed Slash the other day; check it out! (We had to restart her channel; the original one was attached to my old school email account.)

- - - Updated - - -

She also took a look at the Mousers 5-Pack:

I received my extra Slash from BBTS. It's crazy to get Wave 6 Slash before Wave 5.

Short version S7 Slash is Top 5 in the line. He's easily one of the best figures S7 has produced and they've done some amazing figures: Slithe, Monkian, Bengali, Bebop, Rocksteady, Muckman, God Skeletor, Filmation Modulok, etc.

I think Bebop and Rocksteady are still Top 2 not only in TMNT Ultimates but Super 7 as a whole, but Slash is right there.

In time as I mess with him more he might move up for me, but I doubt it. I really love S7 Rocksteady and Bebop.

-----

Random thoughts:

Slash is the perfect size. He's taller than the turtles, Metalhead, and Baxter, but he's smaller than Mutagen Man, Muckman, and Shredder.

He's as tall as April. His bulk and size make a big difference.

Bebop and Rocksteady tower over him but the shell makes him wider.

S7 gave us an alt head and I actually think I prefer it. It makes him look more cunning and sinister.

They also gave us a bent/crooked sword to match the sai.

Also here is your S7 Tokka. Since the Playmates Tokka was a straight repaint and if S7 maintains the same quality on his release we're looking at a solid release that could rival Neca's animated Tokka.

It's a good time to be a Tokka and Rhazar fan.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; October 6, 2022 at 08:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    We were keeping the packaging, but have decided not to to save space. So far, we've cut the sewer cover logos out and the Bios, but we might not even do that, Shecky.

Hermione reviewed Slash the other day; check it out! (We had to restart her channel; the original one was attached to my old school email account.)https://youtu.be/viSZ30RXYRo

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/ye_ZVrk1B6o
    Nice job guys!

And, I agree, the IDW TMNT is fantastic! Highly recommended to any Turtle fans...

Heroic Warrior
    Just waiting on Ray filet and I cam ship my pol

I was comparing the Neca Animated Tokka and S7 Slash side by side.

I'm not sure which one I like more.

Compared to the other Neca figures Tokka is a pretty beefy figure. S7's Slash stands a good head taller and has even more bulk.

I like the belt execution much better on the Neca Tokka. I feel the belt is the weakest part of the S7 Slash, between the mixed colors and awkward peg system it just doesn't feel good to me.

The S7 Slash has better shoulder articulation, but you get ever slightly more elbow articulation with Tokka.

I think I might slightly favor S7's Slash with the alt head, but I love both figures so much.

It's the best time ever to be a TMNT toy collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nice job guys!

And, I agree, the IDW TMNT is fantastic! Highly recommended to any Turtle fans...
    Thanks! Be sure to subscribe to our new channel. I goofed and lost control of the old one because I had started it using an email account I don't have access to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

Hermione reviewed Slash the other day; check it out! (We had to restart her channel; the original one was attached to my old school email account.)https://youtu.be/viSZ30RXYRo

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/ye_ZVrk1B6o
    The reason I was asking if anybody threw away their packaging was because, like MOTU Classics, I keep the name label/inserts like this to display loose figures with them. At the moment, as of Wave 4, (as I bought the first 3 TMNT Ultimates Waves), I have to cut back on collecting anything for the time being, and I know there's folks that aren't keen on the packaging.

20221007_154934.jpg
    20221007_154951.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the update on the videos "Neighbor Wendy", subscribed !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    The reason I was asking if anybody threw away their packaging was because, like MOTU Classics, I keep the name label/inserts like this to display loose figures with them. At the moment, as of Wave 4, (as I bought the first 3 TMNT Ultimates Waves), I have to cut back on collecting anything for the time being, and I know there's folks that aren't keen on the packaging.

20221007_154934.jpg
    20221007_154951.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the update on the videos "Neighbor Wendy", subscribed !
    Sheck can you show us pics of how you display them with a cutouts? Most my shelves are battle scenes and I lose real estate doing that. Some shelves are like class pictures and I pack as many as I can. I pack as many as I can in the battle scenes too. Lol. Some shelves are more based on the scenery rather a slew of figures that takes away from the dio. I like the idea of using the packaging but I don't have the royalties to do so at the moment. I grabbed some motu shelf talkers from au like 8 years ago. But still never put them to use yet. One day. But I'm interested in seeing your set up. I love seeing how others set up their collections. Definitely I high light of collecting I think.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Another glow in the dark lol. Of course I'm getting it.

I received the email from S7 about the con exclusives.

I ordered GID Muckman. I think he looks great. The Toxic Avengers figures will match him well I think.

Heroic Warrior

I ordered GID Muckman. I think he looks great. The Toxic Avengers figures will match him well I think.
    Can't wait to mix them all with Thundercats motuc Joe's Conan. It's gonna be so cool. Really wanted s7 to get dnd but hasbro has it.

Do you think he eventually goes to BBTS or EE like SDCC Lion-O (Hook Mountain Ice) did? Would like to avoid paying $16 for shipping if possible.