Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1066

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Sewer Surfer Mikey.
    I have a lot of nostalgia for that first batch of variants (Samurai Leo, Space Cade Raph, Undercover Don, and Sewer Surfer Mikey), but that version of Mikey stands out for one main silly reason...

Back in the very early 90s, there was this commerical on TV for Proset Musicards (music trading cards with musicians of the time on them) where this kid who is collecting stamps is visited by his "fairy god dude," who gives him the cards to collect instead.

I never collected the cards, but saw this commercial a lot.

Taking a queue from that commercial, I repurposed Sewer Surfer Mikey to be the separate character of Michaelangelo's "fairy god dude."

So for this very silly, ridiculous reason, I really look forward to that figure coming out in this line, whatever wave he ends up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Per Brian himself, isn't the plan going forward to have 1 Turtle variant in each wave? I could have sworn he said that in an interview shortly after Wave 5 was revealed.
    Yes, he did say this.

It makes me wonder, after the "core" characters are released, how much longer will this line survive?

I know that a lot of people (myself included) have tons of nostalgia for the vintage TMNT, but beside the occasional heavy hitter like Usagi, are people going to be buying Hot Spot for fifty-plus dollars?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes, he did say this.

It makes me wonder, after the "core" characters are released, how much longer will this line survive?

I know that a lot of people (myself included) have tons of nostalgia for the vintage TMNT, but beside the occasional heavy hitter like Usagi, are people going to be buying Hot Spot for fifty-plus dollars?
    people said the same thing about motuc and it went on for years.
    cogito ergo doleo

Yes, he did say this.

Well, considering what a vintage Hot Spot goes for on ebay, I'm sure there are some collectors who would want him.

But I do see your point. This is a line that, depending on how deep it goes into redoing the vintage line with all of the different turtle variants and some of the odder/lesser other characters (Hot Spot is a character that I really don't care about, myself), I can see myself eventually cherry picking what they make.

While a big part of the appeal of the Super7 Ultimates in general (particularly those based on these 80s/early 90s cartoon/toy properties) is them being in scale with MOTUC... a line that I was completest with... I don't see myself being completest with most of these lines depending on how far down the proverbial "rabbit hole" they go with each of these properties.

And honestly, in some sense, I almost look forward to them releasing characters and variants that I DON'T want. Since these figures are going for $55 each now, with each wave typically being a set of 4 figures (and there being more and more lines that are of interest to me), I'd be happy with only wanting maybe 2 or 3 characters out of a wave. It's less to spend all at one time when each wave hits.

I think the line will do fine for a while so long as they keep a healthy mix of characters as they go. I don't think most of us expected Mutagen Man to be released as early in the line as he was, for example.

Alright, new wave revealed! Looks like 5 slots filled this time? Ace Duck, Slash, Sewer Surfin' Mikey, Scratch, and a multi-Mouser pack.

I have a hard time accepting $55+ for the Mouser pack, but I'm so excited for Surfin' Mikey (my favorite variant), and Scratch. Huge fan of Slash, and have a soft spot for Ace Duck, so good wave by me. Maybe not my wallet.

0-TMNT-Wave-6-01__scaled_600.jpg

TMNT-Wave-6-03__scaled_600.jpg

TMNT-Wave-6-04__scaled_600.jpg

TMNT-Wave-6-05__scaled_600.jpg

TMNT-Wave-6-02__scaled_600.jpg
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

$275.00 for one wave is ridiculous. This has gotten out of control and the reason I've had to stop collecting Ultimates figures altogether.

Interesting wave. Slash and Sewer Surfer Mikey are must haves for me. Scratch is an easy pass. I'm on the fence about Ace Duck and the Mousers.

I'm not thrilled with them bumping these waves up to 5 figures/skus.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    $275.00 for one wave is ridiculous. This has gotten out of control and the reason I've had to stop collecting Ultimates figures altogether.
    Yeah, I'm kinda relieved actually...

I made a conscious decision to not buy any variants for this line, and the rest are not "must haves" for me.

Not that I don't like Ace or Scratch, but I personally feel $50+ is too much for them.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Wave 6 looks solid to me.

I never had Scratch or an interest in him from the cardbacks in the waning days of my childhood collecting, but given his rarity in the vintage line, I'm glad to have a chance to get him now.

Ace McDuck was one of my first TMNT figures so I have a fondness for this character.

Surfer Mikey and Slash bring back the nostalgia as well.

Really glad Super7 is releasing more Mousers. Glad they're not just all battle damaged.

Scratch is the one that I'm on the fence about in this wave. With Ultimates of figures from the first few waves of the vintage line being the most appealing to me, Ace, Slash and the Mousers are definite buys for me. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not big into the Turtle variants, but do have a soft spot for those first ones, so I'll probably go for Sewer Surfer Mike too. But Scratch. While I would MUCH rather see new characters from late in the vintage line than Farmer Turtles or Cave Turtles, Scratch means it's time for me to think hard about the point at which I want to start cherry-picking this line. Especially after the price hike.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberius704 View Post
    Scratch is the one that I'm on the fence about in this wave. With Ultimates of figures from the first few waves of the vintage line being the most appealing to me, Ace, Slash and the Mousers are definite buys for me. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not big into the Turtle variants, but do have a soft spot for those first ones, so I'll probably go for Sewer Surfer Mike too. But Scratch. While I would MUCH rather see new characters from late in the vintage line than Farmer Turtles or Cave Turtles, Scratch means it's time for me to think hard about the point at which I want to start cherry-picking this line. Especially after the price hike.
    Exactly how I feel. I was never into the turtle variants (except maybe those iconic ones; samurai, surfer, undercover, and space cadet). Slash is a no brainer for me followed by Ace and sewer Mikey with less and less enthusiasm in that order. I didn't really know who Scratch was and have no connection to him but sometimes I second guess myself and wish I picked up so-and-so when I had the chance. Initally, he was a hard pass but I just pre-ordered him in case I change my mind.

I would really have loved to get Rat King or Usagi. Plus a handful of the figures and cartoon characters that debuted in 1990 and 1991 were kind of interesting and I think better picks than Scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yep, hence I carefully choose which ones I'll collect. From wave 6, luckily I'm only interested in one figure, Slash.

You won't have wait long to find out. This line is being run like an adult collectors line. Nothing has been filler with 6 Waves with 25 characters revealed so far. 18 of the first 20 were A-List characters with 2 of them Mutagen Man and Metal Head being C list characters but B or A list toys depending on personal preferences. Wave 6 features 2 A Listers (Mikey and Slash) with a B lister (Ace Duck) and a C or D list character that apparently has a fan base (Scratch). The Mouser Pack was produced as an extra because fans asked for it.

At least 9 Waves have been planned out. That's another 16 figures at least.

are people going to be buying Hot Spot for fifty-plus dollars?
    My guess is absolutely. Toy collectors like cool, interesting, and fun toys. All the Super 7 TMNT figures have been that so far.

On top of that it's TMNT. TMNT and Playmates in particular has a lot of fans.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts on Wave 6.

They look Awesome with a capital A.

Outside of calling either Slash or Ratking (I was sure it would have been Ratking before Slash) I was completely wrong...and I don't care.

I wanted all the figures that were revealed real bad except Scratch.

I never had the vintage Scratch since the line was basically done at that point. I have no nostalgia or interest in him beyond this new toy looks fun.

Everybody else looks stunning.

Sewer Surfin Mikey: I'm surprised that he's coming now as opposed to Raph since we just got a Mikey and it will end up being close to 2 years since received a Raph figure. I'm totally fine with it since of the original 4 turtle variants Sewer Surfin Mikey was my favorite variant anyway. That's a win for me. I appreciate the new nunchucks and the alt heads. Hopefully they match the standard Mikey in color and are interchangeable. I hope the surf board has a stand.

Scratch: Looks like a neat toy I can have fun with. I hope the ball and chain is removable. The alternate head looks so funny with the sideways glance. And he comes with a bag of cash? Awesome.

Slash: Oh yes. Slash was one of my top 5 most wanted figures (and a lot of other people's too). The vintage Slash was always one of the coolest action figures ever made in my opinion. I love the alt head's expression. My only complaint is that I hate the purple/pink belt. I had the black belt, and I that's what I wanted.

Ace Duck: Another Top 10 want for me. I can't wait. Ace was always a cool figure because of the clean design of the vintage figure. The extra details on the feet and hands are initially a little off putting, but I'm sure with time it will be fine.

Mousers: Oh yes. I wish there were 4 clean mousers and 1 battle damaged one, but it's fine. The extra turtles, the mutagen canister, are all cool. That pizza slice looks new. I hate the amount of money I'm about to spend army building mousers.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; September 20, 2021 at 07:18pm.

The wave overall looks great!

I'm passing on Mikey and maybe Scratch. I've decided to pass on all the Turtle variants and with Scratch I just have zero interest. He just doesn't do anything for me and his concept IMO isn't that great. I do love Slash and Ace! Both were favorites of mine as a child. I never had the Turtle Van but I did have the blimp so I played with Ace a lot back in the day. How an you not want more Mousers? So happy to see that they are releasing more and including some more of those non-mutated turtles like we got with Splinter.

wave 6 is stellar!

Mousers and Slash are the must haves.

If I do buy variants then the first set of tmnt variants are what will get me outside of the universal monster versions.

Scratch is a great choice too but I think I can pass since I never had him as a kid even though he looks really really awesome.

At 55 a pop I need to draw the line somewhere since tmnt isn't the only thing I collect these days, especially with godzilla ultimates coming soon.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    At 55 a pop I need to draw the line somewhere ...
    Yeah. Scratch isn't bad but I can't see paying that much for such a C-lister IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yeah. Scratch isn't bad but I can't see paying that much for such a C-lister IMO.
    Actually the more I stare at him the more I think I he might end up my favorite from this wave.

I have no attachment to the character and he was certainly at the bottom of my list in terms of characters I wanted for this line.

But...he's a mangy psycho cat in a prisoner's uniform. He comes with a bag of cash and that sideways glancing head looks hilarious. The tail on the back? The mangy fur on the face? The burglar's mask? The prisoner's cap? He comes with a sidekick named Jail Bird?

That just screams fun to me. Particularly when you combine him with the other characters in the line.

He's a Tom and Jerry cartoon character.

I'm kinda digging it.

-----

The expressive second head seems like it has a lot of potential. You basically just post him next to any of the crazier mutants or any other action figure you own and it's instant laughs.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; September 20, 2021 at 08:53pm.

That's exactly why I'm torn when it comes to Scratch. I had the vintage figure as a kid (and still have it), so it's not like I'm completely unattached to the character. And while the Ultimates figures are ridiculously expensive, S7 does deliver the articulation, paint apps, scale, accessories and alternate parts to (at least partially) justify the price tag. All of them are just freakin' awesome-looking toys.

Aargh, I need to learn what self-control means.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberius704 View Post
    That's exactly why I'm torn when it comes to Scratch. I had the vintage figure as a kid (and still have it), so it's not like I'm completely unattached to the character. And while the Ultimates figures are ridiculously expensive, S7 does deliver the articulation, paint apps, scale, accessories and alternate parts to (at least partially) justify the price tag. All of them are just freakin' awesome-looking toys.

Aargh, I need to learn what self-control means.
    Well the funny thing is Scratch is such a sought after figure by vintage collectors. He had one of the lowest production runs of any vintage TMNT toy and goes for thousands of dollars loose and complete. So definitely take care of him lol. Iím pretty sure thatís why he was released so early here.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    Well the funny thing is Scratch is such a sought after figure by vintage collectors. He had one of the lowest production runs of any vintage TMNT toy and goes for thousands of dollars loose and complete. So definitely take care of him lol. Iím pretty sure thatís why he was released so early here.
    I held the original Scratch in my hands once as a kid during a family camping trip. Parents said no, it was too expensive.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I would surmise that this confirms a variant turtle for each of the next two waves (at least.)

I don't see them releasing two Donatellos in such short succession, so my guess is that Space Cadet Raph will be one of the Wave 7 slots...

I think Rat King is a pretty safe bet at this point as well... and, maybe, Wyrm??

I think Rat King is a pretty safe bet at this point as well... and, maybe, Wyrm??
    If Wave 7 has Rat King and Wyrm that would be close to perfect.

Wyrm is my #1 want for the line now that Leatherhead is coming. Overall he was Top 5 for me in the line.

In fact I'd say my Top 10 figures left that I want (Super 7 has planned at least 12 more figures through Wave 9) would be:

1. Wyrm
    2. Super Shredder
    3. Rat King
    4. Android Body Krang
    5. Ground Chuck
    6. Dirtbag
    7. Genghis Frog
    8. Napoleon Frog
    9. General Traag
    10. Walkabout

I'm real curious how they're going to handle non-turtle variants. This wave has 5 slots as opposed to 4. The Mouser army builder pack is basically an add-on.
    I'd be down with a 5th figure every wave or maybe every other one for Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, or a Foot Soldier variant (recolor with new weapons, or a battle damaged one).

Shredder has 3 main variants - Toon, Slice N Dice (More or less the Mirage version), and Super Shredder. Krang has one. Bebop and Rocksteady have 2 or three viable variants.

Yea, that's actually a bigger plus then people give credit for. SOOOO many people never had that figure and to this day still can't acquire the original for the reasons that you listed, that he's actually a must have for many.

It's a tough pass when you don't have any version of such a scarce piece and hell, he looks pretty cool!

Holy smokes, I just checked ebay. I had no idea he was that rare! Yeah, I guess his inclusion in Ultimates makes a lot of sense.

Heroic Warrior
    Just Slash for me this wave but Super7 sure are making it hard not to go all in, they all look great. Still waiting on wave 3 in the UK (due in the next few weeks I believe) but loving the line so far.

With a Turtle variant in each wave I wouldnít mind if they did make this fifth slot a regular thing but I think it might just be a one off for the army builder Mouser set. I can understand why completionists might be against that though as theyíre definitely not cheap. Will have to see what happens next wave.

Speaking of wave 7 I have to agree with Ornclown that it has to be Space Cadet Raph as the Turtle variant, itís been ages since we got him in wave 1 at this point, and Rat King as heís arguably the biggest villain left at this point. Maybe Pizzaface? Heís a 1990 figure, so heís from the lineís heyday, and like Scratch he wonít be appearing in the NECA lines. And since Super7 have teased original characters Iím going to say Dreadmon or Jaguar since theyíve been doing a lot of the Mutanimals.