Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Here's a very good Baxter review.

It would appear he does actually have a thigh swivel.

Still unclear about rocker ankles.

And he has a waist swivel, and the fly arms are wonderfully articulated.

No ab crunch or torso swivel is not good, but in light if everything else, not a huge bummer.

It looks like Baxter will meet all my expectations, thankfully.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 1, 2020 at 10:05pm.

Widget
    Anybody actually get a shipping notice? They should start shipping anytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    https://youtu.be/7Lz_CixxJtM

No ab crunch or torso swivel is not good, but in light if everything else, not a huge bummer.

From that review, i guess Super7 did a fantastic job and congratulations in advance for those who ordered SDCC Baxter. If I am a TMNT collector this one is a must have.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, the "Brian Flynn" comments on the video are both from different accounts. Why would Brian need to comment on the same video using two different accounts.
    I don't have an answer for that question. I will only reiterate that I find it noteworthy and odd.

I don't have an answer for that question. I will only reiterate that I find it noteworthy and odd.
    Four comments. Three comments from one account and one from another. Seems very odd.

New controversial guy review.

Man, lots to unpack on this thread.

That reviewer is just not good. I don't care about his accent, it doesn't bother me. It is his obvious bias for these figures which is just weird.

It is a legit concern that these figures could have been KOs because he is from china. They could also be 'midnight specials' ie figures run after the factory shuts down after running the official fun of toys and it happens all the time, sometimes the figures are of lesser quality etc. The Hellboy 1000toys figure is an example. A nearly identical looking figure was released BEFORE the official one hit customers. I have both and in hand there are HUGE differences but pictures of of the KO figures look the same, even the packaging was near identical.

Sure, some of the points may be correct but overall I don't care for his biased reviews and will wait for them to arrive in hand or from reviewers I trust.

Either way i am super7 excited for this line AND all the stuff being put out by Neca, at least the stuff I can get.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Yes and this is nothing new. SOTA’s Street Fighter line was plagued with these “after hours” bootlegs. At a glance they looked identical but the plastic was cheaper, the paint choices were different and certain apps were skipped altogether. I’m not sure if that’s the case here but I’d say it’s more likely than not. Regardless he couldn’t have gotten the figures through proper channels so they are bootlegs, factory rejects that were thrown out, or stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Man, lots to unpack on this thread.

That reviewer is just not good. I don't care about his accent, it doesn't bother me. It is his obvious bias for these figures which is just weird.

It is a legit concern that these figures could have been KOs because he is from china. They could also be 'midnight specials' ie figures run after the factory shuts down after running the official fun of toys and it happens all the time, sometimes the figures are of lesser quality etc. The Hellboy 1000toys figure is an example. A nearly identical looking figure was released BEFORE the official one hit customers. I have both and in hand there are HUGE differences but pictures of of the KO figures look the same, even the packaging was near identical.

Sure, some of the points may be correct but overall I don't care for his biased reviews and will wait for them to arrive in hand or from reviewers I trust.

Either way i am super7 excited for this line AND all the stuff being put out by Neca, at least the stuff I can get.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AC_in_SD View Post
    Anybody actually get a shipping notice? They should start shipping anytime now.
    A lot of people have already received him... I'm still waiting on mine...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    A lot of people have already received him... I'm still waiting on mine...
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. Has anyone received a shipping notice for the first wave?

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. Has anyone received a shipping notice for the first wave?
    One or two people on fwoosh did I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    New controversial guy review.
    He crossed the threshold into minimally competent. Probably because of the sheer amount of "feedback" he received.

I'd grade him thus so far:

Raphael Review - D

Splinter Review - F

Baxter Review - C

He made a few welcome adjustments for his Baxter review.

Actually demonstrating the articulation was good.

Pointing out the Pros and Cons was also a positive.

That clear bias of "I hate this toy already before reviewing it" was notably toned down.

He gave Baxter an 8/10 which is probably close to what I would have given the figure.

However, he still makes some ridiculous statements without qualifying them.

He continues to state that the articulation is sub par and that you can't achieve dynamic poses - which isn't true - but he doesn't demonstrate it.

He needs to establish what an acceptable level of articulation would be for him.

The Super 7 TMNT figures have slightly more articulation than a MOTUC figure and slightly less than a Marvel Legends figure. That's an acceptable middle ground. Whether you like it or not is subjective, but it's hardly subpar.

More or less articulation is neither good nor bad. It depends on how it functions, what the goals of the figure are (form vs function) and who the intended audience is.

-----

Still, at least some improvements have been made on his part.

I will confess to a certain morbid curiosity if he continues to review the Super 7 TMNT figures.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not received a shipping notice my Wave 1 or my GID Baxter yet.

Fwoosh review of SDCC Baxter is up:

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/08/super7-...ockman-review/

I finally received my shipping notice for my SDCC Baxter. If you haven't received yours yet, keep your eyes and ears open.

I am super happy about the strength and longevity of the glow effect.

Sadly, the Super 7 line will most definitely not fit in with the Neca stuff... which we all kinda knew anyway, but still....

Heroic Warrior
    I am super happy about the strength and longevity of the glow effect.

Sadly, the Super 7 line will most definitely not fit in with the Neca stuff... which we all kinda knew anyway, but still....

https://i2.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...size=768%2C353
    Yeah only reason I hopped on board or had any interest to was due to them blending well with motuc Thundercats and any line or figure that utilizes that same buck scale and articulation. I'm glad these fit in with motuc and I'm glad they chose the toy versions over cartoon and comic.

Man, I hope to find that spiderman one day.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Yeah only reason I hopped on board or had any interest to was due to them blending well with motuc Thundercats and any line or figure that utilizes that same buck scale and articulation. I'm glad these fit in with motuc and I'm glad they chose the toy versions over cartoon and comic.

Man, I hope to find that spiderman one day.
    Yes!

The Super 7 TMNT fit in beautifully with MOTUC / CG!

I, too, am partial to the toy-designs.

Even though I love all things TMNT, the Playmates toys were the first real iteration that I bonded with... (the Mirage Comics notwithstanding.)

https://youtu.be/7Lz_CixxJtM

I would much prefer no ab crunch of torso swivel for figures like Baxter. It would break up the look of his labcoat since it's a sculpted piece and not something that goes over his body. I hate the look of figures that have torso swivel when they are clothed like Baxter is.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Yes!

The Super 7 TMNT fit in beautifully with MOTUC / CG!

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...size=768%2C310

I, too, am partial to the toy-designs.

Even though I love all things TMNT, the Playmates toys were the first real iteration that I bonded with... (the Mirage Comics notwithstanding.)
    I never read the comics. Did catch the cartoon. Think that was around the time go Joe died or was dying the new cartoon came out and just wasn't appealing. And had few of the toys but was on my way out of toys.

Only thing in that pic I didn't hop on was the voltron. Few reasons, wasn't really a fan of the cartoon, and though he's in scale with them, he's not in scale. He's supposed to be giant, so I couldn't mix him in. Everything else I have from s7 to the DC figures from mattel.

I'm very selective with the toys I collect and 25th Joe's in which started my venture into toys as an adult and the motu that cake few months after are my main things, plus both were instant favorites when they first came out when I was like 4. And I carried motu til I think she ra and then some how stopped wanting them and carried Joe's up til the start of battle force or something I know I had like a 2 pack and was basically getting out of toys. Last things I do remember were the bugg night force and tiger force . Then I remember a 2 pack of figures and there were like 3 of them 2 packs and they just weren't the same plus I was like hitting 7th grade or something. Hard to recall.

Since I have a small connection with tmnt, and they fit in with the rest of the figures I collect now, I was gonna be on board depending on how they scaled. So I waited for some sort of source to let me know if they looked good with the motu or not. Sdcc pics never was easy to tell. So then I grabbed the glow in the dark Baxter to see in person worst case I'd sell them and get my money back best case I was gonna go full throttle. I'm full throttle and look forward to the whole line.

Toxic avenger I remember the cartoon just never paid attention to it. S7 makes one on a motu buck and I had to have it regardless if it resonated with me or not, now I want the whole line and have not one clue about any of the vintge line or cartoon haha. But I'm 100% on board for that line. I think they work well with the motuc. I just love this whole idea of different properties coinciding with each other like they were always meant to be that way. It makes the collections feel perfect and it's something only a fan would want or a kid. Like thundercats. I hated the fact that they were so much different than motu that I honestly had no desire to have them all as a kid. I count ever mix my toys together as a kid. Joe's never were played with my motu. Or my Rambo wasn't played with my chuck norris. It just looked silly and made no sense to me. S7 makes it make sense.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I would much prefer no ab crunch of torso swivel for figures like Baxter. It would break up the look of his labcoat since it's a sculpted piece and not something that goes over his body. I hate the look of figures that have torso swivel when they are clothed like Baxter is.
    His coat is rubber and is separate. It's not sculpted. The ab crunch would work fine. I think it's due to cost. Cheaper to make a solid torso than two pieces that are actually four pieces glued together plus the engineering that would be involved. S7 don't have engineers like mattel.

OK the ab crunch wouldn't work as fine as say motuc, but it would've worked even with the coat on.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    His coat is rubber and is separate. It's not sculpted. The ab crunch would work fine. I think it's due to cost. Cheaper to make a solid torso than two pieces that are actually four pieces glued together plus the engineering that would be involved. S7 don't have engineers like mattel.

OK the ab crunch wouldn't work as fine as say motuc, but it would've worked even with the coat on.

Oh, it looked all sculpted as one piece to me.

Still, I'm fine with no torso articulation. I imagine we're not getting it on the Foot Soldier either, and we've seen them pass on it on many Club Grayskull figures. I'm not going to personally be doing much posing with the figures, and am fine with the articulation it has. That's pretty much how they were shown in prototype form as well, so it shouldn't shock anyone. If they don't like it that's fine; these figures aren't for them. For me, I'm perfectly fine with how they are.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Just got Baxter and Splinter, other two are coming later.

So far, Baxter is one of my favorite action figures, purely for nostalgic reasons, but the figure itself is large, weighty, made of fantastic plastic, poses well (for the type of figure he is) and is super vibrant. And Splinter isn't bad, though definitely one of the few playmate figures I wasn't crazy about, but so far I like him well enough. A solid C with Baxter being probably an A-, again, in my own book.

I think it would be fair to say if someone had a nostalgic connection to these original figures, saw the new ones and were interested, then they'd probably be happy with these (huge price tag aside, and that is a major sticking point). And Baxter so far is just a really great figure with that aside, so I'm looking forward to see how the line goes. As of right now, Baxter is staying right here by my computer.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Toy Bro's review of Raph is up.
    He compares it to several other Raph's that have come out recently.
    Also, he finally explains why he has two different sets of fists: one hinges up and down and the other is in and out.

https://youtu.be/7UWK0Ookt8w

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Toy Bro's review of Raph is up.
    He compares it to several other Raph's that have come out recently.
    Also, he finally explains why he has two different sets of fists: one hinges up and down and the other is in and out.

https://youtu.be/7UWK0Ookt8w
    Ralph looks good IMO. I'm really happy with what I see.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. ToyBro's review has Ralph next to some Neca figures and the Turtles at least look good next to Neca figures.