Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1066

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

I finally received part of my order, I'm just waiting on Metal Head.

I picked up my figures from the PO Box and Mikey and Rocksteady's boxes look like Bebop and Rocksteady slam danced all over them. The damage went through the mailer boxes down to the figures boxes. I was afraid the figures themselves would be damaged, but thankfully it's just the cardboard. Luckily I'm not a mint on card collector.

Michelangelo

You know exactly what you're getting here. I think the overall "quality" of the figure is the best of the three brothers so far - and I had no real QC issues to speak of with those figures.

Pros

Raph is my favorite turtle. Donnie is my favorite of the classic vintage turtle toys. I really like Donnie's facial expression and his brown/green coloration. I've never cared about Leonardo.

Which brings me to Mikey and this figure in particular. Part of this is probably because he has that new toy novelty, but I want to say he's the most fun of the 3 turtles so far.
    I think the smiling head and the vivid colors really set him apart as a toy. That combo of dark forest green and party orange make him stand out.
    Raph probably has the most dynamic posing of the 3 because of the sai options (normal grip vs the blade through is fingers options), but Mikey seems a little more fun maybe?

I really love the pizza box. The cheese stuck on top of the lid really sells it for me.

Gripping hands with vertical and horizontal movement, open palm posing hands, and fists cover basically all your options.

Michelangelo is awesome. I'm legitimately not sure which one I like more - Raph or Mikey. That's a good problem to have.

Cons

I feel the missing spinning chuck' accessory like Mattel Panthro and Neca's toon Michelangelo received, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. The lack of a turtle communicator is also a glaring omission, he's the only one who doesn't have one. On the other hand, I don't use them. So it doesn't actually hurt me, but I guess my collector OCD doesn't like it. Am I just complaining to complain? I'm not sure on this one.

Rocksteady

Rocksteady was one of my two most anticipated of the first four waves. Bebop was my favorite figure of 2020 and probably one of my favorite action figures I own - lots of nostalgia for that vintage playmates figure. Rocksteady completes Bebop.

Rocksteady and Bebop. Bebop and Rocksteady. They're inseparable. It's like R2D2 and C3PO. C3PO and R2D2.

In terms of the two, I think I slightly prefer Rocksteady as character, but as vintage toy designs I prefer Bebop. The cartoon is an even split. I really can't choose.

Either way, I love Rocksteady. He's too new for me to say which figure I like better Rocksteady or Bebop.

Pros

Super 7's Rocksteady had a couple of obstacles to overcome for me. The classic Rocksteady design just isn't as eye catching as Bebop. Rocksteady lacks a lot of color and more of the insane elements that Bebop - a punk rock warthog - has.

I think that as an adult, I appreciate the simplicity of Rocksteady's classic Playmates design and I appreciate the military thug aspect. Super 7's Bebop has a lot of sculpting and details on him primarily in the vest, but Rocksteady feels like the 4H went the extra mile sculpting details into his skin, tank top, the field glasses, his wrist watch, etc. The camo paint on his paints is very nice.

I think Rocksteady might "feel" a little better proportioned than Bebop on his lower half.

The pair of punching hands are a must.

His articulation is pretty good too.

I still think all these figures need torso articulation and double jointed knees and elbows, but I'm still good with what we got.

The sheer size of this figure is epic.

Cons

Rocksteady is light on accessories. I didn't feel that hit as much with Bebop, but it's more noticeable with Rocksteady. I'm not sure why.

I feel like he needed some explosion effects or an alt head. The best Rocksteady artwork ever was in the TMNT 2 arcade Nintendo Power issue. Rocksteady had his face blacked out and you could just see his white eyes under the field glasses. I would love to have that as an alt head.

The weapons are also...not good. There are no paint apps on the sewer shield or the machine gun.

Why? That feels cheap, because it is.

Aside from that, I love this guy. The rest of the figures in Wave 4 and 5 have a tough job ahead of them to surpass Bebop and Rocksteady.

I'm looking at you Ray and Leatherhead.

April O Neil

I finally have the most criticized figure of the line, and possibly the year.

Survey says...one more for the good guys.

She's alright.

April is one of the most important characters in the TMNT franchise. She's usually not the most popular or best toy, but she's necessary. For me there's basically two Aprils - the Fred Wolf Cartoon and the vintage toy.
    As a recreation of the vintage toy, I think this one is successful.

Pros

I like the sculpting, I like the proportions, I like both the vintage toy and "cartoon" head sculpts. I like the accessories. April comes with closed fists?(!)

Her articulation is decent. I can get most of the poses I need out of an April Channel 6 News Reporter.

I love her colors. The bright yellow jump suit is as iconic to me as Filmation Teela and Sorceress.

She's easily one of the best female figure Super 7 has made. That's not exactly a high bar, but Club Grayskull Shadow Weaver and Sorceress were pretty decent.

Cons

I don't regret buying her at all, but I'll agree she's doesn't exactly feel like a $55 dollar toy. She 100% unique tool, lots of accessories, and 2 alt heads.

She's got value. Maybe it's just her smaller size compared to Bebop, Rocksteady, and Baxter.

Thankfully I'm pleased with her overall. She's not my favorite figure in the line, but she's is definitely not the dumpster fire early histrionics made her out to be.

She does look great next to the turtles, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, and Shredder.

----------

Metalhead should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to finish off Wave 3.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 23, 2021 at 12:03am.

When I compare April to Baxter Stockman, it's like comparing a REMCO figure to a Mattel MOTU one.

This April needs a do-over...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    My wave 3 Turtles came today. I have a lot of the same feelings as Thrawn29 does.

The April figure with the bigger head looked bad. Swapped out for the smaller head and it's a pretty alternative. She should have had more detail, maybe even a wash on parts? I'm not sure. I agree she doesn't look like a $55 figure, but I still like her. Besides the one ugly head, my major gripe is her upper thigh separation from her bottom/pelvis. It's just odd.

Michaelangelo turned out fine. He's a bit looser than some past figures but I'd rather have that than broken joints like some of my Foot Soldiers had.

Metal Head is good, still wish he was vac metal, but the shine is nice. What is odd that some of his accessories are unpainted then there is the unpainted rack as well. Mine also has some looser joints.

Rocksteady is nice and big like Bebop, looks good.

I haven't messed with all the accessories yet. It takes time just opening these up and recycling the packaging.

Overall, I'm happy with the wave.

I finally received my Metalhead figure.

I think Metalhead is a C List character in the franchise. He's a great vintage toy, but I can't remember any stand out character moments from him. I think he had a non speaking cameo in the 2003 series and I never watched the 2012 series. As a result of this Metalhead was easily the figure I was the least interested in of all the waves so far.

I think I like the April figure better than him actually (it's close), but he's still pretty cool.

Pros

No Vac Metal. I like the shiny gold paint without having to worry about flaking and chipping. We saw how vac metal worked on Hurricane Hordak in the Classics line...and it didn't. It flaked and chipped.

I'm happy I don't have to deal with that crap here. I am sorry for those fans who were disappointed by the lack of vac metal though.

I love the scale of this guy. He's the same size of the turtles. I always assumed he would be, but I've seen some fans comment he should be bigger based on the cartoon?

The hand options cover all the bases essentially - gripping hands, fists, and open hands.

The extra paint on the back pack is appreciated.

Cons

He's a little top heavy with the back pack.

The shoulder articulation is a bit limited by the sculpt. That's nothing new for the 4H though. That same problem existed with several of the MOTUC figures.

I have no idea why they attached those wires on the back of the knees. It actually doesn't limit the articulation but I can see how they could be torn if you aren't careful. I'm half tempted to just cut them off altogether.

------------

I think the character has a friggin cool design. It feels like it could only have come from the 80s. This design feels very retro - almost steampunk - to me with all the exposed circuits, wires, cords, nuts and bolts, etc.

The TMNT universe is a comic book universe with time travel, dimensional portal technology, intergalactic space ships, and then you've got Metalhead which is clearly an advanced robot that looks like it was almost put together with scrap parts.

It really exemplifies the zanies and imagination of the 80s.

I love it. The Super 7 offering is really cool, he's just not one I was dying to have.

-----

Wave 3 of Super 7's TMNT Ultimates was another home run for me.

I haven't had any QC issues with the first 3 Waves, all the figures have been fun, and I can't wait for Wave 4 and Wave 5.

Wave 4 should hopefully be in our hands by December at the latest depending on the processing time at the port.

Bring on Donatello and Muckman.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone see this yet? https://showzstore.com/uderground-ar...fQOSQVT1maD4xk

Looks like it'll be going for $200-$250 which is a bit high... but curious what Super7's would cost? I would guess around $400 minimum... What was the Thundertank again?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...15&oe=6159E4AE

Looks like it'll be going for $200-$250 which is a bit high... but curious what Super7's would cost? I would guess around $400 minimum... What was the Thundertank again?
    Thatís a third party. Not neca or super7
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Thatís a third party. Not neca or super7

I think so, but it's advertised as compatible with all the 1/12 scale. Ad showed up on my facebook for some reason... and it looks pretty good. Especially for that price.

Can't Identify the turtles used in the picture though they look familiar. Just getting to be too many versions of the same thing I think...

I think so, but it's advertised as compatible with all the 1/12 scale. Ad showed up on my facebook for some reason... and it looks pretty good. Especially for that price.

Can't Identify the turtles used in the picture though they look familiar. Just getting to be too many versions of the same thing I think...
    They are the NECA TMNT figures that were released in a brighter green to match most of the promotional and advertising merchandise.

That van looks amazing. I might ave to get that. Oddly enough I have never owned a TMNT van....come to think of it I have only ever owned one TMNT vehicle the Turtle Trooper.
    Last edited by Mark M; September 4, 2021 at 07:37am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They are the NECA TMNT figures that were released in a brighter green to match most of the promotional and advertising merchandise.

That van looks amazing. I might ave to get that. Oddly enough I have never owned a TMNT van....come to think of it I have only ever owned one TMNT vehicle the Turtle Trooper.
    Yeah, I never had a van either. I had the blimp! I had the motorcycle, the cheapskate, the jetski thing with the electric Eels in the front... but the #1 vehicle in every episode? Nope... never got it

Yeah, I never had a van either. I had the blimp! I had the motorcycle, the cheapskate, the jetski thing with the electric Eels in the front... but the #1 vehicle in every episode? Nope... never got it
    At least you had other awesome vehicles.
    I had awesome vehicles from other toy lines but never had any of the really cool ones from TMNT.

I love the Sewer Party Tube, Knucklehead, and Cheapskate!

I vividly remember the Christmas that I received the Turtle Blimp! That thing brought me a bunch of fantastic playtime with my friends!

Funny enough... I didn't get the Party Wagon until way late in the line. I never gave it much thought, but maybe there was a shortage of them at some point? (Or, my parents were sick of buying toys that didn't fit in my toybox, lol!)

The vintage TMNT line had some of the best vehicles / playsets around at the time... so many great memories!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

That's so cool, I need vehicles for my NECA TMNT collection but that's too pricey
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Iíd love to getaway Party Wagon for this line, but I canít reasonably spend the money it would cost. Itís easier to stomach as long s as I remind myself that MOTUC is the trunk of this collection, and that any other Ultimates are just branches. That way, I donít feel as crummy about skipping some things.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...15&oe=6159E4AE

Definitely be 400 minimum lol come on. The prices far from legit on anything and everything they make.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Definitely be 400 minimum lol come on. The prices far from legit on anything and everything they make.

Compared to Super 7's prices you could buy a real van and make it a Turtles van.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Compared to Super 7's prices you could buy a real van and make it a Turtles van.
    Hahaha yeah

If we're talking TMNT vehicles, I'd really want the Foot Ski and the Turtle Inner tubes. The Sewer Army Tube in particular was a personal favorite of mine. So simple and yet so fun.

-------

On a side note, I've been messing around with my Ultimates and surprisingly of Wave 3 I keep coming back to Metalhead. I'm not using the Party Pack (I like seeing the gold shell) with mine and there's something about the classic design and gold, yellow accents, and his general color scheme. I'm also not using the light up head since I like the painted brain better on the alt head.

Of all 12 characters released so far he was the one I was least interested in and instead he's kind of captured my attention.

It's funny, that happened a lot with MOTUC. Characters would be revealed and I would be lukewarm on the character or design choices and they'd end up being some of my favorites in the line (Webstor, Batros, Icer, MekaNeck, and SnakeFace).

I feel like Metalhead may actually end up being one of my favorites in the line. Funny how that works, a character I never cared about and toy I always liked but never loved.

https://twitter.com/super7store/stat...93659696467968

Wave 6 will be revealed next week. Wave 4 is on schedule to ship from the factory 9/30/21.

I can't wait.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the whole wave. But metal heads backpack makes him hard to stand.
    And April's thigh joints are so tight due to the type of plastic.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Hoping for Rat King, Usagi, Slash, and Sewer Surfer Mikey.

Triceraton, Chrome Dome, Dirtbag, Groundchuck, Razar, Tokka, Zak, Android Body Krang, and another Shredder would also be great.

I donít think itíll be Usagi anytime soon, if ever. Iíll portions cable grab the Neca version in case Super 7 never gets to do him. (as a mark for a soggy, I would probably buy him anyway.) My prediction for the upcoming reveals include Slash, the Rat King, Space Raphael, and Fugitoid.

Iíd honestly love if Slash was the only turtle included, and we got Ace Duck instead.

Iíve promised myself Iím not getting any variants after the initial four disguised turtles. I was planning on skipping them at first, but the Samurai Leo looks amazing, and i has ask for as a kid. Plus, Hermione was super excited about him.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I donít think itíll be Usagi anytime soon, if ever. Iíll portions cable grab the Neca version in case Super 7 never gets to do him. (as a mark for a soggy, I would probably buy him anyway.) My prediction for the upcoming reveals include Slash, the Rat King, Space Raphael, and Fugitoid.

Iíd honestly love if Slash was the only turtle included, and we got Ace Duck instead.

Iíve promised myself Iím not getting any variants after the initial four disguised turtles. I was planning on skipping them at first, but the Samurai Leo looks amazing, and i has ask for as a kid. Plus, Hermione was super excited about him.
    I think now that the netflix cartoon rights have been ironed out, which led to Neca being able to announce their usagi figure/license, we will see a super 7 figure sooner rather than later. Stan Sakai is the sole owner of any and all rights. When talking to him at the last con I was at he wouldn't turn down a S7 figure. It was more that while they were hammering out rights to who would produce merch from the new show, other things were put on hold as to not muddy the waters.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Same here. When the original TMNT line started turning into a jungle of turtle variants was when I started losing interest as a kid. I did have those disguised turtles, though, so I do have a soft spot for them. And when S7 showed off Samurai Leo, I caved. But no other turtle variants! Unless they do the Universal Monster ones. . .

Per Brian himself, isn't the plan going forward to have 1 Turtle variant in each wave? I could have sworn he said that in an interview shortly after Wave 5 was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Per Brian himself, isn't the plan going forward to have 1 Turtle variant in each wave? I could have sworn he said that in an interview shortly after Wave 5 was revealed.
    He said that was the plan (for now).

My predictions from pg 36 of this thread were:

1. Space Cadet Raph
    2. Rat King
    3. Slash

and if it's a never produced character

4. Dreadmon or Jagwar

I have no idea about the 4th character, but I'd be shocked if Rat King isn't in Wave 6.