Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 305

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

  1. #251
    Heroic Warrior SonOfHeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Why's Bebop sun burnt?
    The original toy had a pink overspray on his face, exactly how much varied figure to figure:




  2. #252
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    The original toy had a pink overspray on his face, exactly how much varied figure to figure:
    This.

    My original '88 Bebop has a bright pink face.

    I think the pink was toned way down by the time Playmates released the hard-head versions of the figure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep, that's the head that Leo always should have had. Original toy had a terrible head. They eyes were just... sad.
    Always bugged me that everyone looked like fierce warriors... and Leo looked like his sword just snapped in two. Y'know... for the SECOND time
    I don't know... personally, I am partial to the vintage Leo figure's portrait.

    I think that I'll definitely be displaying him with the original head.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  3. #253
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post





    I don't know... personally, I am partial to the vintage Leo figure's portrait.

    I think that I'll definitely be displaying him with the original head.


    What do you mean? The portrait was fine.. it was the sculpt that went sideways.

    I'll take either of the new heads. If you look at the original sculpt... the inside of his eyes closest to the 'nose' is higher and the outside by his cheeks is lower. It gives him that sad, depressed, disappointed look. Raising up the outside and lowering the inside of his eyes gives him that glaring warrior look. Just like the other turtles had.... and something that the new sculpts have fixed. With or without the 'furrowed brow' it still looks better than the vintage. (Fyi Leo was my first turtle and by far my favorite. Blue, Swords, Leader?? Absolutely everything that I love ) Glad he got some justice.

    Shredder?? He turned out better than I expected... but ehhhh… still looks terrible. There are times when the toys are the best interpretations and then there are times... that going 'toy version' just paints them in a corner. Only so much you can do with that trainwreck of a figure.

  4. #254
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Shredder?? He turned out better than I expected... but ehhhh… still looks terrible. There are times when the toys are the best interpretations and then there are times... that going 'toy version' just paints them in a corner. Only so much you can do with that trainwreck of a figure.
    I read in an article that the original figure designer was told to keep all of the figures at the same height, so their solution for Shredder was to put him in that awful hunched pose... they were not happy with the end results.

    Sadly, the entire run of vintage Playmates figures never saw a decent version of the Shredder.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  5. #255
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I read in an article that the original figure designer was told to keep all of the figures at the same height, so their solution for Shredder was to put him in that awful hunched pose... they were not happy with the end results.

    Sadly, the entire run of vintage Playmates figures never saw a decent version of the Shredder.
    The Mutations one that could change into Oroko Saki was pretty cool.

  6. #256
    Heroic Warrior SonOfHeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This.

    My original '88 Bebop has a bright pink face.

    I think the pink was toned way down by the time Playmates released the hard-head versions of the figure.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't know... personally, I am partial to the vintage Leo figure's portrait.

    I think that I'll definitely be displaying him with the original head.
    For what it's worth, my hard head is quite pink faced, not far from this Super7 prototype.

  7. #257
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,266
    Seeing how well Mutagen Man is turning out makes me really excited about the likes of Muckman and Joe Eyeball, Screwloose, Pizza Face, and some of the zaniest characters Playmates cranked out.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  8. #258
    Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicopee, Massachusetts
    Posts
    372
    According to Pixel Dan’s Toy Fair Super 7 video, Bebop is coming with two heads, the second head will have less pink. Mutagen Man won’t be able to hold water due to the articulation but how internal organs will be painted not just pink.

  9. #259
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    According to Pixel Dan’s Toy Fair Super 7 video, Bebop is coming with two heads, the second head will have less pink. Mutagen Man won’t be able to hold water due to the articulation but how internal organs will be painted not just pink.
    Good news about the second Bebop head... I wonder if it will have a different expression?

    And it's too bad about Mutagen Man... I was hoping for the water gimmick. His water feature was a HUGE draw to my child-brain at the time!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  10. #260
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,530
    The close up images of Bebop show off the details better than the S7 images. I'm warming into getting him now. Good that he comes with two heads too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  11. #261
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    I really like this picture of Leonardo:

    leo1.jpg

    These are looking good... I just don't know if I have the patience to wait for them!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  12. #262
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    Mutagen Man won’t be able to hold water due to the articulation but how internal organs will be painted not just pink.
    What articulation? Shoulders and legs... that's the same thing the original had. It's not like they threw in ab crunch or waist swivel... honsestly water doesn't bother me, the water was always lame looking anyway, but slime would have been nice option.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I hope when they get to Mikey the go the panthro style of nunchucks. Chain that won't snap like the original... and hopefully one (or two) spinning versions for awesome poses.



  13. #263
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    According to Pixel Dan’s Toy Fair Super 7 video, Bebop is coming with two heads, the second head will have less pink. Mutagen Man won’t be able to hold water due to the articulation but how internal organs will be painted not just pink.
    "Can't hold water due to articulation" is Super7-code for "we haven't figured out how to make water-tight plastic yet at the bargain factories we use."

    I really dig the style of this line, but $45 a pop again prices it out of the realm of something I would buy. If they were half that price, I would consider it, but still be on the fence due to S7's non-commitment to QC. At $45 it's a very easy pass.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  14. #264
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,651
    I'm all in on these guys. I've preordered Wave 1 and Wave 2.

    Masters of the Universe will always be my first love, followed by TMNT, but the TMNT line looks better than MOTUC.

    I've always been a little disappointed and bothered that MOTUC was so lazy and mindless with its devotion to the vintage figures. By contrast, it doesn't bother me that the TMNT figures are near perfect reproductions of the vintage Playmates figures because they are all unique parts and sculpting.

    The fact that they're in scale with MOTUC just makes it even better. That's a dream come true.

    Bebop, Rocksteady, Slythe, and Jackal Man can all chill with Club Grayskull Skeletor in Snake Mountain.

  15. #265
    Court Magician rank_and_vile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

    I hope when they get to Mikey the go the panthro style of nunchucks. Chain that won't snap like the original... and hopefully one (or two) spinning versions for awesome poses.


    https://media.entertainmentearth.com...103bea01lg.jpg
    That's how the NECA figures did it. It's such a good solution.

  16. #266
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,266
    Quote Originally Posted by rank_and_vile View Post
    That's how the NECA figures did it. It's such a good solution.
    I agree!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  17. #267
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,847
    While everyone is running to the toilet paper and hand sanitizer aisles, I slipped over to electronics and found these four bad boys all neatly lined up on the shelf waiting for a new home =)

    Now all I'm missing are the Raph/Mikey and double Foot Soldier packs, and I'll have each release =) Priorities! lol


  18. #268
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,266
    Part of me really wants to take advantage of the fact that people are largely avoiding toy sections.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  19. #269
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hartselle AL
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Part of me really wants to take advantage of the fact that people are largely avoiding toy sections.
    Yeah, they really need that toilet paper.

  20. #270
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,651


    New video from Super 7 before these guys go into full production. Reported to be shipping in June to customers.

    Articulation looks pretty good.

    Baxter looks like a masterpiece. Articulated wings, and his fly arms look to have multiple points of articulation. 100% new tool.

    Basically everything I'd want in a 200x Webstor or Buzz Off.

    If Super 7 can go the distance with their TMNT line and get around 30-50 figures made, they'll easily surpass MOTUC for me on the enjoyment factor. The fact that I can still mix and match these with my MOTU figures is awesome. Skeletor, Hordak, King Hsss, Mumm Ra, and Shredder all in the same scale? Unbelievable.

    I can't wait for these guys.

  21. #271
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    324
    Is this real Super7?
    I bought Splinter with a beautiful kimono sculpted by the Four Horsemen and you give me a piece of cloth with a cheap elastic belt that doesn't look anything like what you sold me, couldn't you even make a decent belt?
    This is embarrassing, it must be a joke.


  22. #272
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM-OJinXJbE

    New video from Super 7 before these guys go into full production. Reported to be shipping in June to customers.

    Articulation looks pretty good.

    Baxter looks like a masterpiece. Articulated wings, and his fly arms look to have multiple points of articulation. 100% new tool.
    Baxter is looking fantastic!

    But, hold the phones!!! Did he just put a slice of pizza in his belt?!?! GAME CHANGER!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    If Super 7 can go the distance with their TMNT line and get around 30-50 figures made, they'll easily surpass MOTUC for me on the enjoyment factor.
    Whooo... if Super 7 produces 50 figures at the price they sell for now, and don't change it along with the economy, you're looking at $2,500.00 before shipping costs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Is this real Super7?
    I bought Splinter with a beautiful kimono sculpted by the Four Horsemen and you give me a piece of cloth with a cheap elastic belt that doesn't look anything like what you sold me, couldn't you even make a decent belt?
    This is embarrassing, it must be a joke.

    https://i.ibb.co/qp9xqW2/Splinter.jpg
    For me, the vintage figure was awful, so I had zero interest in the S7 remake... even less so now.

    That belt is absolutely ridiculous...

    I'm holding out for the amazing looking Neca Splinter! I cannot wait for that version.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  23. #273
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

    Whooo... if Super 7 produces 50 figures at the price they sell for now, and don't change it along with the economy, you're looking at $2,500.00 before shipping costs!!
    I'm fine with it. That is significantly less than I spent on MOTUC. Snake Mountain alone was what? $700?

    Baxter is looking fantastic!
    Yeah, I mean wow. I am already imaging him standing next to Webstor, Buzz Off, and Modulok in some crazy set ups.

    For me, the vintage figure was awful, so I had zero interest in the S7 remake... even less so now.

    That belt is absolutely ridiculous...
    https://twitter.com/super7store/stat...11647583797248

    I don't know about the belt (that is an early package sample) but Splinter looks pretty cool in the pic they showed off on twitter.

    We'll see. I've never been completely in love with the vintage Splinter, but I have a feeling the Super 7 version might surprise me. That often happened with a lot of MOTUC figures; not crazy about them at first, in hand they changed my mind.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; March 25, 2020 at 02:58am.

  24. #274
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    For me, the vintage figure was awful, so I had zero interest in the S7 remake... even less so now.

    That belt is absolutely ridiculous...

    I'm holding out for the amazing looking Neca Splinter! I cannot wait for that version.
    The vintage figure is awful, it's true, but The Four Horsemen did a great job updating it in Classics style, sadly Super7 again ruined that job.
    It's a significant downgrade, the important thing here is what they sell you and what you will finally receive, no serious company does that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

    I don't know about the belt (that is an early package sample) but Splinter looks pretty cool in the pic they showed off on twitter.

    We'll see. I've never been completely in love with the vintage Splinter, but I have a feeling the Super 7 version might surprise me. That often happened with a lot of MOTUC figures; not crazy about them at first, in hand they changed my mind.
    I don't deny that it is a good photo, but I'll not display the figure like that on my shelf.
    Didn't you see the video you posted? It is exactly the same figure with the ridiculous belt that Brian showed.


  25. #275
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,176
    The 4H pictures look amazing! (Even if Splinter's arms are way too long...)

    For me, there is no real need for soft goods on this particular figure. I could see it if he had a cape, but not for a yukata.

    And, I have to admit, this is a great picture. It really shows off Splinter's added articulation!

    ETlQdX0VAAAoYSv.jpg
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •