Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 317

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

  1. #276
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    The vintage figure is awful, it's true,
    I don't think the vintage figure is awful, but it's not one of the best in the vintage line. I will grant that. The only vintage figure I can recall hating as a 8 or 8 year old was vintage Shredder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Didn't you see the video you posted? It is exactly the same figure with the ridiculous belt that Brian showed.

    https://i.ibb.co/QNSk5CP/Splinter-Super7.jpg
    I did. I'm not thrilled at all with what I saw in the package sample (the belt), but we'll see on the final figure. The practicality of it might make it acceptable for me.

    For me, there is no real need for soft goods on this particular figure. I could see it if he had a cape, but not for a yukata.
    I agree. I personally hate soft good - with a few rare exceptions - I assumed Splinter would come with a plastic robe, but then when I saw the soft goods version I realized I should have probably anticipated it since Shredder is coming with a soft goods cape and Splinter had a soft good robe in the vintage line.

    That doesn't excuse Super 7 for not advertising that upfront.

    ------------

    All in all, I still excited for what I am seeing on Splinter and the rest of the TMNT line. Hopefully the QC is good.

  2. #277
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I don't think the vintage figure is awful, but it's not one of the best in the vintage line. I will grant that. The only vintage figure I can recall hating as a 8 or 8 year old was vintage Shredder.
    OK, I said that in the context of the good work did in updating the design by the 4H and Super7's poor execution in ruining it in the producction to lower costs, it seems like a figure of 20 not 45.
    It really bothers me, it's misleading advertising, this Super7 bad practice is unfortunate, Mattel never changed the rules of the game in that way, they never showed us sculpted capes and then gave us cloth.

    I agree. I personally hate soft good - with a few rare exceptions - I assumed Splinter would come with a plastic robe, but then when I saw the soft goods version I realized I should have probably anticipated it since Shredder is coming with a soft goods cape and Splinter had a soft good robe in the vintage line.
    The 4H also sculpted a cape for Shredder, but Super7 dowgrade it too and changed it for cloth, it's a pity, for the price they're charging they could include both options, they already did it with Mummy Mumm-ra. Disappointment.

  3. #278
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,290
    Thrawn29, I think that you have me misquoted in your post above...

    It's no biggie, but I don't remember writing that first part.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  4. #279
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    The 4H also sculpted a cape for Shredder, but Super7 dowgrade it too and changed it for cloth, it's a pity, for the price they're charging they could include both options, they already did it with Mummy Mumm-ra. Disappointment.
    Yeah, and in the case of Shredder, they were upfront that the sculpted cape was only for the purposes of the prototype. I would prefer both sculpted and soft goods, but at the end of the day it's vintage Shredder and Splinter, two of the figures I care the least about in the Playmates line.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Thrawn29, I think that you have me misquoted in your post above...

    It's no biggie, but I don't remember writing that first part.
    You are correct, I caught my mistake and I thought I corrected it within minutes of making my post. If it is still wrong, my apologies Ornclown.

  5. #280
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,366
    Honestly, I'd rather Splinter ca,e with the soft goods. When I saw the sculpted robes, I was bummed about how much they'd hinder his movement. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the belt he's getting; I'd rather it function more like the original, even if it buttoned through the other side and into his abdomen to keep it in place while being played with or posed.

    Still, I have to say I am pumped for these guys!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  6. #281
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    I respect your opinion, but we aren't discussing personal preferences. It seems to me that it is an extreme donwgrade, it looks like a 20 figure and not the premium 45 dollars figure that they sold me. Super7 shouldn't promote figures that ultimately will not sell, that's the point. Different is that they included both options for people who like soft goods.
    Last edited by Uki; March 28, 2020 at 06:26pm.

  7. #282
    Heroic Warrior suckator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    598
    Shredder and Splinter should come with plastic cape and cloak. That cloth and belt look really bad. The original prototypes for Shredder and Splinter were fantastic. Might be a pass for me now.

  8. #283
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,849
    I didn't realize they switched Splinter's cloak and belt to soft goods. That's really disappointing, particularly since they sold it to us as plastic goods. If it was going cost too much to tool it, they should've said so to begin with -- plus, isn't that why they are $45 now and called Ultimates, to take care of these costs?

    I could even accept the cloak being soft goods if they had a proper plastic belt. That elastic belt definitely cheapens the figure in my opinion.

    Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wayne-klops; March 26, 2020 at 07:22pm.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  9. #284
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,290
    I like the option of having both soft- and plastic goods.

    I wouldn't mind simpler packaging and 1 or 2 missing accessories to make it happen either.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  10. #285
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I like the option of having both soft- and plastic goods.

    I wouldn't mind simpler packaging and 1 or 2 missing accessories to make it happen either.

    Yeah, i'm always in favor of soft goods. I think plastic capes absolutely RUINED a good many MOTUC figures. I'll also agree that belt looks terrible.

    If they need a cost cutting thing to make the figures look good, i think there are other ways to do it. The unpainted weapons should be the first thing to go. Seriously... just looking at the glut of accessories these guys come with... open AND closed comunicators... pizza slices... double the weapons... multiple hands... Soooooo much clutter that will just end up in a baggie in a bin somewhere, it's hard to justify the 'we ran out of money' excuse. They could get it back elsewhere.

    The foot soldier's armory is ridiculous.... but for an army builder i can almost appreciate it. The rest though??? I think they took 'ultimate' to an unhealthy level. I'd have preferred half that stuff if it could have lowered the price a bit.

  11. #286
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,290
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, i'm always in favor of soft goods. I think plastic capes absolutely RUINED a good many MOTUC figures. I'll also agree that belt looks terrible.

    If they need a cost cutting thing to make the figures look good, i think there are other ways to do it. The unpainted weapons should be the first thing to go. Seriously... just looking at the glut of accessories these guys come with... open AND closed comunicators... pizza slices... double the weapons... multiple hands... Soooooo much clutter that will just end up in a baggie in a bin somewhere, it's hard to justify the 'we ran out of money' excuse. They could get it back elsewhere.

    The foot soldier's armory is ridiculous.... but for an army builder i can almost appreciate it. The rest though??? I think they took 'ultimate' to an unhealthy level. I'd have preferred half that stuff if it could have lowered the price a bit.
    Completely agree.

    With all of the Neca Turtle stuff that I own, I now have a tackle-box loaded with an insane amount of pizza slices, extra hands, ninja stars, bandanas, swords, laser rifles, mixed ninja weapons, ooze canisters, and communicators.

    And that's just the turtle stuff! Never mind my rubber-tote chalk full of MOTUC accessories!

    Super 7... cut back on the non-essential "extras" and packaging, and lower the price for everyone.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  12. #287
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    This is Tri-Klops green armor change all over again, decisions being made after people have already paid them money.
    I also realize that there will be slight differences between a prototype and the final product, but moving from a plastic sculpt to soft goods, and replacing a snap belt with an elastic one is not a slight difference, at all.

  13. #288
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    I respect your opinion, but we aren't discussing personal preferences. It seems to me that it is an extreme donwgrade, it looks like a 20 figure and not the premium 45 dollars figure that they sold me. Super7 shouldn't promote figures that ultimately will not sell, that's the point. Different is that they included both options for people who like soft goods.
    I respect your opinion. This whole forum is discussing personal opinions; I'll share mine as I see fit, thankyouverymuch. I understand that you're bothered by this, and I can see your point, but it's not something that particularly affects me, as I prefer the outcome to what was originally advertised.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  14. #289
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I respect your opinion. This whole forum is discussing personal opinions; I'll share mine as I see fit, thankyouverymuch. I understand that you're bothered by this, and I can see your point, but it's not something that particularly affects me, as I prefer the outcome to what was originally advertised.
    I just can't believe you like that cheap seatbelt more than what Super7 promised us in the pre-order. Amazing.

  15. #290
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,366
    Actually (and I stayed this already), I don’t like the “cheap seatbelt.” I can’t believe my two cents is worth so much to you.

    I’d honestly prefer to get both sculpted robes and cloth, though I’d probably never use the plastic. Still, it IS what was advertised, and your point is a good one. This change just doesn’t get me so riled.

    UPDATE: I’m reading some scuttlebutt that, like Mumm-Ra, Splinter May get BOTH.
    Last edited by Uki; March 28, 2020 at 11:19pm.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  16. #291
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Actually (and I stayed this already), I donít like the ďcheap seatbelt.Ē I canít believe my two cents is worth so much to you.

    Iíd honestly prefer to get both sculpted robes and cloth, though Iíd probably never use the plastic. Still, it IS what was advertised, and your point is a good one. This change just doesnít get me so riled.

    UPDATE: Iím reading some scuttlebutt that, like Mumm-Ra, Splinter May get BOTH.
    I hope he gets both, though there's no indication from Super7 so far that that is the case. All official recent photos and videos from them so far only show soft goods. I know they are receptive to feedback, though, so maybe they are hearing us and will provide both.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  17. #292
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    UPDATE: I’m reading some scuttlebutt that, like Mumm-Ra, Splinter May get BOTH.
    THIS would be awesome!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  18. #293
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,366
    I reached out for confirmation, but have not heard back yet. Looking at the packaging pics, there does not appear to be any sign that this rumor is true, but I'm holding out hope.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  19. #294
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,345
    Iím really, really bummed about Splinter.

    Iíve tried to be patient and forgiving with Super7, Iíve defended them here and on Facebook many times, but this has crossed the line for me.

    Giving us that awful cheap looking kimono and belt after showing a sculpted one during the pre-order window is so damn shifty. Especially when weíre paying such a premium on these things.

    I know itís personal preference but I hate soft goods. Especially when itís cheap material, it just looks so bad to me.
    Iíd gladly deal with some articulation hinderance (especially on a figure like Splinter) for the better aesthetic.

    Shredder and Splinter were my least favourite figures in the vintage line, partly because of the soft goods, so I was so pleased to see that the 4H had worked their magic and made him look decent, I was so disappointed when I first saw the soft goods.

    Iíve been asking Super7 to confirm the status of the kimono on Insta and FB but had no response.
    If they ever address this at all I bet they try and pass it off as staying true to the original, or for better articulation.
    Not because they are cheaping out.

    We should definitely get both at the price weíre paying. Isnít that the whole point of the ĎUltimatesí, they charge a ridiculous amount and throw in a few extras to justify it?

  20. #295
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,506
    Super 7 should not be doing bait ans switch tactics. Only TMNT figures I would buy will be NECa or Playmates.

  21. #296
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I reached out for confirmation, but have not heard back yet. Looking at the packaging pics, there does not appear to be any sign that this rumor is true, but I'm holding out hope.
    I received an email from Super7 a couple of days ago that said they were going to do a Q&A with Brian Flynn and that we could submit any question we wanted for him to answer. I sent a question about Splinter's robe and belt so hopefully he will answer it when they do the Q&A.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  22. #297
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,366
    I sent the same question; I'm sure we're not the only ones!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  23. #298
    Heroic Warrior Baedal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Iím really, really bummed about Splinter.

    Iíve tried to be patient and forgiving with Super7, Iíve defended them here and on Facebook many times, but this has crossed the line for me.

    Giving us that awful cheap looking kimono and belt after showing a sculpted one during the pre-order window is so damn shifty. Especially when weíre paying such a premium on these things.

    I know itís personal preference but I hate soft goods. Especially when itís cheap material, it just looks so bad to me.
    Iíd gladly deal with some articulation hinderance (especially on a figure like Splinter) for the better aesthetic.

    Shredder and Splinter were my least favourite figures in the vintage line, partly because of the soft goods, so I was so pleased to see that the 4H had worked their magic and made him look decent, I was so disappointed when I first saw the soft goods.

    Iíve been asking Super7 to confirm the status of the kimono on Insta and FB but had no response.
    If they ever address this at all I bet they try and pass it off as staying true to the original, or for better articulation.
    Not because they are cheaping out.

    We should definitely get both at the price weíre paying. Isnít that the whole point of the ĎUltimatesí, they charge a ridiculous amount and throw in a few extras to justify it?
    I've the same feeling, I've been asking on social networks and I haven't received a response about Splinter either. Now they're doing the same with Jaga, I expected ThunderCats to match with MOTUC, but soft goods are an impediment. It's only a tactic to reduce costs and doesn't improve the appearance of the figures, on the contrary it's a downgrade. This cannot happen with figures of 45.

    I like the Four Horsemen work, without a doubt they would handle these lines much better, I think that Super7 screw up that work with bad practices.

  24. #299
    Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The 4H pictures look amazing! (Even if Splinter's arms are way too long...)

    For me, there is no real need for soft goods on this particular figure. I could see it if he had a cape, but not for a yukata.

    And, I have to admit, this is a great picture. It really shows off Splinter's added articulation!

    Attachment 122438
    Actually, I think that shows off the very reason why he needs a soft goods kimono. You could not get him into that pose with the plastic one.

    I will say that the belt looks bad at least in that test shot pic (not as bad on the figure Brian's holding) but I have always preferred soft goods for largely that reason- flexibility. How many MOTUC figures can't sit or ride vehicles because their capes get in the way?

    Now remember Ultimate Mumm-Ra is coming with both plastic and soft goods capes so it's not unreasonable to think Splinter and Jaja could too.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

    please check out my fan fics at:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

  25. #300
    Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicopee, Massachusetts
    Posts
    377
    I tend to agree that the fact the kimono being a soft goods is a bummer, and even though all the promotional pictures say ďitem is subject to changeĒ Shredder, Mumm-Ra, and Jaga were mentioned to be receiving soft goods capes, is should have been mentioned earlier in the process he was coming with a soft robe. All I ask for is open communication and transparency, I work for nonprofit organization, I have to give it with the people with work with, all Iím asking for is the same.

    Since I order from BBTS, I didnít receive anything about the Q and A session, when he has it, can someone please post the link for it? I would like to see what Brian has to say about TMNT and Thundercats. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •