Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1170

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Funco makes POP figures and junk. They DO have a TMNT line out and it's not spectacular but it's better than playmates.
    The Funko reaction stuff they made with super 7 was straight up garbage but the 3 3/4" stuff Funko made on their own, after they stopped working with Super 7, was actually pretty good and put S7's reactions to shame. GLOW, Stranger Things, Married with Children,etc. 9 POA, decent sculpts that didn't look like they were carved out of a bar of soap (reaction) and reasonable prices (I think I got the GLOW 2-pack for $16).

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    The Funko reaction stuff they made with super 7 was straight up garbage but the 3 3/4" stuff Funko made on their own, after they stopped working with Super 7, was actually pretty good and put S7's reactions to shame. GLOW, Stranger Things, Married with Children,etc. 9 POA, decent sculpts that didn't look like they were carved out of a bar of soap (reaction) and reasonable prices (I think I got the GLOW 2-pack for $16).
    The Funko Savage World line was fantastic too!

Minus the gaff with the early ThunderCats wave one, everything they made was very cool and hit the nostalgia button hard!

Mortal Kombat, F13, Freddy, Street Fighter, ThunderCats, DC Primal Age... even the Zorn figure are some of my favorite 6 POA MOTU style toys.

Plus, these were all between $10 and $15 a piece... you can't beat that.

It's a shame that they never got the Conan figures out... I would have preferred Funko's versions over the Super 7 stuff.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I collect DC Primal of Funko and considering some Savage World to add on it too. They are nice figures but to say it is fantastic is too much, (type of plastic used too hard.and brittle, too thin cardback, etc). Its retail price and that squat MOTU like figure stance might be the nicest thing about it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; November 22, 2021 at 02:14am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Funco makes POP figures and junk. They DO have a TMNT line out and it's not spectacular but it's better than playmates.

I don't trust a no name 3rd party. IF they release it and don't just walk away with people's money we can then compare their quality but it could be just a 3d printed POS.
    Super 7 used to work with Funko to produce and distribute those ReAction figures and when they did they were cheaper and priced more reasonably for what they are, 3.75" 5POA figures.
    As I said if they could work a deal out with Funko or another company to produce and get their figures at retail it would be a lot better.

I only know of the Funko TMNT Pops but I know Funko did make some very articulated figures similar to Star Wars Black series of The Rocketeer, Firefly, Magic the Gathering and Game of Thrones.

I have never bought any 3rd Party products so I am not familiar with which would be a reliable name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    It's a shame that they never got the Conan figures out... I would have preferred Funko's versions over the Super 7 stuff.
    The Conan figures did look great and a lot of fun. I too would have prefered them over those subpar abominations Super 7 made. It's a shame Funko aren't making any more Savage World figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly that steaming cup of tea was my accessory of the year. I LOVED it. So yes the accessory is great.

I DO agree at some point to many hands etc are too much. Hands that are super similar aren't needed.

Realistically I will choose a pair of hands and never change it for years.

And since I open stuff I can do without the extra slip case cover and extra packaging, that is a but much.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't trust a no name 3rd party. IF they release it and don't just walk away with people's money we can then compare their quality but it could be just a 3d printed POS.
    The packaging would save me room as I feel obligated to keep that crap cause how nice it is. I really need to come to terms and actually throw out all my damn motuc tmnt Conan Thundercats all my classics and ultimate packaging. But it's so hard. With every other line it goes in the trash.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; November 24, 2021 at 08:11am.

I received an email from Super 7 asking me to verify/update my shipping information. It would appear Wave 4 will be shipping within the next week.

I can't wait for Donatello. I wasn't too excited for Mondo Gecko, but I'm hoping he ends up being a dark horse favorite. We'll see soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I received an email from Super 7 asking me to verify/update my shipping information. It would appear Wave 4 will be shipping within the next week.

I can't wait for Donatello. I wasn't too excited for Mondo Gecko, but I'm hoping he ends up being a dark horse favorite. We'll see soon.
    No. He’s a gecko not a horse. Lol
    cogito ergo doleo

Is it silly of me to hope that Super 7 beefed up the hip articulation on Donatello?

I really, really hate how fragile the hip-joint system turned out on the other Turtles... (none of mine have had issues, mind you, but I am afraid because of the thin peg that is used...)

I was originally going to go for a place like Sideshow Collectibles to do the payment plan for the Party Wagon.

Then recently I noticed that Entertainment Earth had it for a lower price than most other retailers offering it (except for S7, themselves). Through S7 is $450, through EE is about $475, most everywhere else is $500 (all before any applicable tax and shipping is added).

While they don't offer a payment plan, they also don't require a non-refundable deposit as many places do. Meaning that it can be canceled anytime if someone changes their mind. It won't charge until it is in stock and ready to ship.

So I just went and placed an order with EE. I at least wanted to see what the total would be with tax and shipping. What I was not expecting was for this order to qualify for free shipping, considering it is a rather large item and won't come out for like a year. I'm not sure if that would have been the case when ordering it at any time previously, or if it might be a free shipping promo for the holidays that (be it intentionally or unintentionally) is also somehow works on the Party Wagon.

While shipping was free, there was tax (which I'm sure will vary by state - I am in IL), the total came out to $504 and some change. So, I did place the order.

I did place a mock order (that I did not complete) through S7 for theirs if paying in full. There was no tax (kind of surprising, but cool), and with shipping it came out to $493 and some change. So still cheaper, BUT if I ordered through them I would have to pay it all upfront now instead of paying when it ships through EE for $11 more. I know they have a payment plan option, too, but I believe that also comes with fees tacked on unless something has changed that I am not aware of.

So while a payment plan would be nice, I can just gradually put the money aside on my own. Most everywhere else charging $500, whether or not they offer a payment plan, do require a deposit, and likely charge at least one or the other... tax or shipping (probably both in most instances). Even in the case of BBTS where they have their $4 flat shipping, the tax will still be based on the $500 amount (and again, they have a non-refundable deposit).

IMO EE seems like the option to go with here. Of course for anyone else considering getting this, your mileage may vary depending on your preferences.

Donatello just hit my pile of loot at BBTS.
    Hopefully the rest isn't far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Donatello just hit my pile of loot at BBTS.
    Hopefully the rest isn't far behind.
    Yep, my Donatello has shipped! The others.... are M.I.A.

I had a pleasant Post Christmas surprise today. I actually received my Super 7 Wave 4 figures. I was never sent a shipping notice.

I'd say overall this was a stronger offering than Wave 3.

Let's get this show on the road.

Casey Jones:

My least favorite figure in the wave. I love Casey as a character, though he's never been one of my top favorites. The vintage playmates toy was very unique and always looked cool to me as a kid. I loved the color scheme of light gray, green, and blue.

This figure is a great translation of that vintage toy.

Pros:

The paint is clean on my figure, the joints are tight but easily posed.

He's got a nice range of movement despite not having double jointed knees or elbows.

I like the accessories and alt hands.

Casey has about all the posing options you could want between the alternate hands and weapons.

The figure itself feels solid. I'm not too worried about breakage when posing or handling.

The headsculpt looks much better in person. I remember feeling the proportions looked off on the initial reveal.

I love the taped knees showing under the ripped sweat pants. That's a detail I've always loved about the Playmates design.

Cons:

There are unfortunately a few with Casey that makes him the "worst" of the wave for me.

The waist joint, as highlighted by Toybro's review, is pretty ugly.

Quite frankly it's unacceptable. Ball jointed waists are extremely common. It's not rocket science to figure out. Functionally it works, but it's ugly.

It doesn't ruin the figure for me, but it's noticeable.

Secondly the golf bag strap I'm quite sure will tear over time. Poor construction and planning there, I think.

The golf club and hockey stick are very soft. They're not warped, but the material used is gummier than I'd like.

He's still a good figure and a fun toy.

Muckman:

This guy is a beast. He's a hair shorter than Rocksteady and Bebop, but he's wider and heavier.

Muckman was one of my favorites from the vintage line and that holds true here.

Super 7 really did right by the character and Muckman fans with this figure in my opinion.

He's light on accessories, but other than a pair of fists I don't really know what else I would want or need.

Something this monstrous, imaginative, and gross could only have come from the 80s (Yes, I know Muckman was technically 1990. Shut up.)

Definite Clayface, Sandman vibes with a little bit of Madam Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.

I think Muckman is one of the best figures in the line.

Pros:

Sculpt and paint deco, sculpt and paint deco, sculpt and paint deco.

I don't have my vintage Muckman in front of me right now, but from every thing I remember they have all the little bugs and pieces of trash recreated here.

I don't even want to imagine how much all that paint deco cost.

The trash bazooka is fine. I never really imagined him as a weapon's user myself.

Joe Eyeball is great and his two little arms articulate.

The best accessories are the alt hands. One has some slime between his fingers, the left hand looks like he has a muck ball forming up to throw.

It's great.

Muckman's slime gimmick is intact.

His articulation is decent, though not great.

The head, feet, and legs have really pretty good, but the elbow articulation is more limited due to the sculpt.

The actual quality of the figure feels sturdy and solid. I don't feel like he's going to break in my hands.

Cons:

I have a fingerprint on the left side of my figure's neck. It's only really visible when his neck is extended. It's not a big deal, but it's there.

The elbows are somewhat limited due to the sculpt. A bit more than I'd like, but it's not to the point that it hurts the figure for me.

You can still pose him with his arm with the alt muck ball hand up like he's throwing slime at somebody. The right hand you can get a nice reaching grasping pose despite the limited elbows.

The shirt is a soft plastic and I'm not sure why it isn't a just a part of the torso sculpt.

Mondo Gecko:

Mondo is another character like Casey for me, I like character but he's not one of my top favorites. So when he was revealed I wasn't overly excited, but I was happy to be getting him.

With this Wave everyone seemed to be focused on the other 3 figures and I saw very little online chatter about Mondo Gecko.

The last 2 months or so as the wave neared shipping I started really focusing in on Mondo. It's always the figure you're least hyped about that ends up knocking your socks off from my experience with MOTUC.

I figured Mondo would be that guy for me in Wave 4, and I think that held true.

I really dig this figure. Outside of Donnie, he's my favorite figure in this wave and one of my favorites in the line, top 10 for sure.

Again, the craziness of the 80s, a skating boarding gecko. I love it.

Pros:

Mondo has some of the best accessories in the line. His alternate hand options give you a lot of display and posing options. I love the splayed hands and the "shaka bra" gloved hand.

I personally prefer the alternate head to the classic vintage head.

I love the tampoed log on his shirt, it's very clean.

I also really like the wide open topped shoes he's wearing. It allows his ankle articulation to function nicely aside from adding some cool personality to the figure.

The skateboard was a big area of concern for me. I didn't know if it would be large enough for him to actually stand on. Thankfully that's not the case. He fits on the board nicely and he has peg holes on his feet that allow him stay on the skate board.

I love it.

The tail has two points of articulation, a joint cut halfway down the tail and a slight ball peg that rotates 360 degrees at the base.

Cons:

The head articulation way too limited. I don't know what Super 7 is doing, but they need to get it together on their head articulation. That's Shredder, Casey, and Mondo that all basically just have side to side movement.

That just sucks.

There's also a upper torso swivel, but it doesn't function all that well. You can get some side to side movement for skate board posing, but no forward or backward movement.

This is a figure that could have really used a great ball jointed head, a functioning torso swivel, and double jointed knees.

What he has isn't awful, you can get him on the skateboard just fine, but Mafex and Revoltech this is not, so you'll be limited to upright poses. The alt hands give you some cool options that makes up for some of it, but not completely.

Limited articulation is basically the only con I have.

Donatello:

The first TMNT figure I ever bought followed by Bebop. I have been waiting for this figure since the line launched and he does not disappoint.

The vintage Donatello was one of my top 5 favorite figures in the vintage line and one of my favorite toys of all time. I think it's the brown coloration with the purple. I don't know, there's just something about that vintage Donatello figure.

Donnie might be my favorite figure in this line so far. I don't know yet, but it's between him, Bebop, and the Foot Soldier. We'll see, I've only had him open and out of the box for about an hour or two.

Pros:

The color. You just can't beat Donnie's deco. Super 7 did a great job matching the vintage toy.

The alt head is the best of all the alt modern portraits and the best headsculpt of all the turtles on the line so far.

The sculpting and deco on the bo staff is great.

There's not much else to say, the basic turtle buck Super 7 utilizes is quite good overall and fun to pose and display.

Cons:

Donnie's bo staff is just a hair too short, and I do mean just a little bit too short.

Other than that I think Donnie a perfect figure in terms of Super 7's TMNT line.

At this point you know what you're getting and you're either on the train or you never were.

---------

I'm very happy with Wave 4 and the entire collection so far, barring a few figures I have nitpicks with, but there are no figures I hate in this line. They're all great toys.

Wave 5 is the main wave I'm anticipating since it feature Krang, Leatherhead, and Ray Fillet, three of my favorite figures from the vintage line and 3 of my most anticipated figures from Super 7.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; December 28, 2021 at 06:05am.

I got my Donnie a little while back and I really love him... although, he has the exact same construction as his three brothers.

As for the quartet, Mikey will always be my favorite for many reasons, the least being the fact that I originally was gifted Raphael when the line began, but I traded with a schoolmate for Michelangelo one day during lunch/recess.

Something about his color scheme... a dark teal green and orange really stands out for me.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on the rest of this wave to ship... I ordered through BBTS the same day that I received the email from Super 7. Has anyone else gotten Mondo, Casey, or Muckman yet?

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on the rest of this wave to ship... I ordered through BBTS the same day that I received the email from Super 7. Has anyone else gotten Mondo, Casey, or Muckman yet?
    I have Muckman in my POL at BBTS and next month I should be getting Casey. I didn't preorder Mondo from this wave though
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

I got my Donnie a little while back and I really love him... although, he has the exact same construction as his three brothers.

As for the quartet, Mikey will always be my favorite for many reasons, the least being the fact that I originally was gifted Raphael when the line began, but I traded with a schoolmate for Michelangelo one day during lunch/recess.

Something about his color scheme... a dark teal green and orange really stands out for me.

I got Casey. Take a look at how they look with Classics He-Man. Would love you opinions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...per_7_display/

Our way for figures have shipped from BBTS! I can’t wait to have the four brothers together.

Hermione and I reviewed wave three recently:

Check it out, comment, give her a like, and please subscribe! She’s really proud of her little channel.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

finally got home from the holidays with Muckman, Donnie, Casey and GITD toxic rage toxic avenger.

Many they are all superb and muckman is just a beefy befey figure.
    cogito ergo doleo

Hmmm...

I just checked BBTS and they have all of the figures available except for Casey... I guess that's why the rest of mine haven't shipped?

Why would they send Donatello almost three weeks early, yet hold on to the rest of the wave??

I received my Super 7 Wave 4 figures on Monday, but I haven't really had much time with them. I basically got them out of the package Monday night and did a QC check.
    Tuesday I was busy, and Wednesday I had to go out of town for the day. Today I sat down and messed around with Muckman a little bit more.

I want to gush about this figure some more. The more I pose and play with him, the more I'm impressed with the amount of detail the 4 Horsemen and Super 7 crammed into him.

He's got a very faint light green wash over his base green color.

The clothespin pinching his nose shut is brown instead of yellow like on the vintage figure. I like the change.

Muckman is very top heavy and his left leg with the sewer manhole cover likes to splay out to the side because of the ankle tilt. However you can rotate the ball hinge joint since it's separate from the manhole itself to create stability depending on your pose.

Another thing I was aware of but I really noticed when posing is the left wrist hinge is actually attached to the forearm bones so it doesn't rotate. You only get a side to side hinge, whereas the right hand has the hinge connected like the other figures in the line.

That's not a bad thing necessarily. Muckman is a living pile of rotting garbage and the unique angle lets you get some disconcerting poses out of the left hand not otherwise possible. I dig it.

Another big observation I really clued in on is that he's a hulking monster of a figure.

Muckman's legs are slightly shorter than Bebop and Rocksteady's, his arms are a hair longer I think, but his torso is shorter.

So what that means is Muckman's arms actually reach down to extend down past his knees. So he's shorter than them by a little, but he's wider and heavier.
    Just having him stand on the computer desk, I love his proportions. The long arms with the slime between the fingers is really cool.

Muckman is really one of the best figures Super 7 has produced. He's an awesome figure to have.

Super 7 has to make a Glow in the Dark version of him. Which is funny because I know Neca actually has one coming out too.

-----------
    On a side note, I also got a shipping notice for my Entertainment Earth GID Mutagen Man.

If you ordered him, keep an eye out.

Just got my wave 4 today, and man, I absolutely adore this line despite the cost. Muckman is everything I've always wanted and is just perfect. Being my second favorite of the original line, I could not be happier. Donny is exactly what I was hoping for and looks so good seeing all 4 turtles together. Their colors are flawless. Mondo was always a favorite of mine, so no problems there, and Casey brings back a TON of nostalgic warm and fuzzies. This was a fantastic wave, and I'm so excited for the next one (Ray, Leatherhead and Krang are giant favorites of mine, with Leatherhead being my third favorite of all-time).

Now I just need my #1, Scumbug, at some point and I'll be so happy, but I would love to see the likes of Walkabout, Wingnut, Groundchuck, Hothead, Wyrm and Pizzaface.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Argh! I'm still waiting on mine!!

Muckman looks incredible!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Now I just need my #1, Scumbug, at some point and I'll be so happy, but I would love to see the likes of Walkabout, Wingnut, Groundchuck, Hothead, Wyrm and Pizzaface.
    I can't wait for Groundchuck, Wingnut (& Screwloose), and Pizzaface! These were all childhood favorites of mine... and I would add Panda Khan, Triceraton, and Tattoo!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Bring on the Rat King!!!

…and Usagi, Triceraton, Zak, Chrome Dome, Dirtbag, Groundchuck, Tokka, Rahzar, Super Shredder, Toon Colors Shredder, and Space Usagi. April redo/repaint maybe, too. Maybe orange boots April with some new heads.

Got my Wave 4 figures in today and I'm really happy with them. I didn't have any major problems with any of them except for a small scratch along Donny's nose on the vintage head. Muckman is really nice and beefy but he's a bit hard to get to stand up. Casey and Mondo are pretty much perfect. Mondo doesn't come with much but the skateboard is pretty huge and it's got some great deco on it. Muckman is a bit short on accessories also but he comes with Joe Eyeball,who's pretty big, so I don't think S7 is skimming anyone.

Another thing, I knew Donny and the other Turtles had this problem but now it's spreading to other figures as well. Casey and Muckman both don't have peg holes in their feet. I know not everyone uses the holes but S7 really needs to include them for those who do. I just know both will be taking dives off my self for months to come just like Mikey does.UGH!

My guess is the next wave to be revealed will have Undercover Donny as the turtle variant since Super 7 has a trenchcoat Raph (I think it was) they just revealed as some kind of exclusive, so they prolly have that Donny sculpt ready to go. I really am excited to see what the rest of the next wave will have, though. Of the early waves, we still have Rat King, General Traag, and Usagi left as the obvious ones, then another later wave character or two on top of that.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    This was a fantastic wave, and I'm so excited for the next one (Ray, Leatherhead and Krang are giant favorites of mine, with Leatherhead being my third favorite of all-time).
    Wave 5 is my most anticipated wave actually. Leatherhead is my favorite TMNT character along with the Shredder. Ray is in my top 5 and I always loved the vintage toy. He saw a lot of time in the pool. Krang is also a big favorite of mine and the fact that Super 7 is giving us 2 different facial expressions with interchangeable tentacles is great.

Wave 5 seems almost tailor made for me.

I'm waiting on Wyrm for my #1. After Muckman I can't wait to see how crazy and gross he will be. I'll second you on Walkabout, Groundchuck, Pizzaface and add Ratking, Dirtbag, and Super Shredder.