Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: If Classics is done, then what figures do you think we honestly have missed out on?

Heroic Warrior
    Clearly with the 87 movie figures arriving we're missing out on more of them. I'd REALLY love to get Evil Lyn, Beastman, Teela, MAA and the Sorceress! Super7 really hit their stride with the 4 that just shipped…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Clearly with the 87 movie figures arriving we're missing out on more of them. I'd REALLY love to get Evil Lyn, Beastman, Teela, MAA and the Sorceress! Super7 really hit their stride with the 4 that just shipped…
    Yeah, it's a real shame.

I would've liked the She-Ra too, but if we could only get four more, I'd definitely go with Evil Lyn, Beastman, Teela, MAA.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Yeah, it's a real shame.

I would've liked the She-Ra too, but if we could only get four more, I'd definitely go with Evil Lyn, Beastman, Teela, MAA.
    That She-Ra design looks SOOOOO different plus the design didn't appear in the movie…if any are likely to be made without needing Mattel's approval I'd guess it would be her. Heck…they could give her some generic packaging and just call her "Space Vixen"…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

My lists:

Variants
    1. Discs of Doom Skeletor
    2. Fire Armor Skeletor
    3. DC He-Man
    4. Ice Armor He-Man
    5. Mini Comic MAA
    6. Movie MAA
    7. Movie Teela
    8. SOH Skeletor
    9. Anti Eternia MAA
    10. 200X Teela

Characters
    1. Tuvar
    2. Badra
    3. Miro
    4. Great Black Wizard
    5. Red Beast
    6. Son of Skeletor
    7. Red Shadow
    8. Torak
    9. Kartan
    10. Aramesh

And also, all the major NA figures we did not get.
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

Yeah, it's a real shame.

I’m with ya here brother. I have fingers crossed for a “William Stout Ultimates” wave with no mention of Masters and with fake names....assuming he designed those characters. I seem to remember reading that he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I’m with ya here brother. I have fingers crossed for a “William Stout Ultimates” wave with no mention of Masters and with fake names....assuming he designed those characters. I seem to remember reading that he did not.
    He did.

And Bill Stout did a design for She-Ra (originally planned to be in the movie).

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3828530
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    He did.

And Bill Stout did a design for She-Ra (originally planned to be in the movie).

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3828530
    Yeah, I know about the She-Ra. If they did a set of five, that would be even better. But they tend to do sets of four, and if someone has to be left out, in my opinion it should be someone who wasn’t in the flick.

Then again if you add the sorceress and two troopers, we’re there for a third set (assuming he designed them). Somehow I doubt they used a concept artist to design Lubic, Kevin, and Julie.

Somehow I doubt they used a concept artist to design Lubic, Kevin, and Julie.
    You'd be surprised. The storyboard artists and costume designer have to have a reference to work from, which usually comes from the prelim/concept artists.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Yeah, I know about the She-Ra. If they did a set of five, that would be even better. But they tend to do sets of four, and if someone has to be left out, in my opinion it should be someone who wasn’t in the flick.

Then again if you add the sorceress and two troopers, we’re there for a third set (assuming he designed them). Somehow I doubt they used a concept artist to design Lubic, Kevin, and Julie.
    The designs and names on the art cards would be perfect for a line of William Stout figures. They are unique enough that Mattel couldn't call copyright infringement and the names are great descriptions of the characters: Armsman of the Universe, Daughter of the Universe, Beast of the Universe and Evil Queen of the Universe. Plus, the name of the actual figure line could be: "William Stout - Saurians & Sorcerers." And it seems that these designs are, in fact, copyright William Stout, 1994.

Unless Mattel owns the rights to Bill Stout's designs, I would think that this could be entirely possible - much to the chagrin of Mattel.

(Of course, I wouldn't want Super 7 burning any bridges, but it appears that the rug was already pulled out from underneath S7 anyway, soooo..........)

Heroic Warrior
    The designs and names on the art cards would be perfect for a line of William Stout figures. They are unique enough that Mattel couldn't call copyright infringement and the names are great descriptions of the characters: Armsman of the Universe, Daughter of the Universe, Beast of the Universe and Evil Queen of the Universe. Plus, the name of the actual figure line could be: "William Stout - Saurians & Sorcerers." And it seems that these designs are, in fact, copyright William Stout, 1994.

Unless Mattel owns the rights to Bill Stout's designs, I would think that this could be entirely possible - much to the chagrin of Mattel.

(Of course, I wouldn't want Super 7 burning any bridges, but it appears that the rug was already pulled out from underneath S7 anyway, soooo..........)
    If they can do it, I'm SO up for it!

- - - Updated - - -

I’m with ya here brother. I have fingers crossed for a “William Stout Ultimates” wave with no mention of Masters and with fake names....
    I'll cross my fingers AND my toes! Let's do this!

- - - Updated - - -

That She-Ra design looks SOOOOO different plus the design didn't appear in the movie…if any are likely to be made without needing Mattel's approval I'd guess it would be her. Heck…they could give her some generic packaging and just call her "Space Vixen"…
    Whichever way we can get new figures!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I'd definitely go with Evil Lyn, Beastman, Teela, MAA.
    Well, if you buy a Grizzlor, you pretty much have movie Beastman.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Well, if you buy a Grizzlor, you pretty much have movie Beastman.
    They do look SOMEWHAT similiar!

As a side-note, I've already got 3 MOTUC Grizzlors haha!

If they can do it, I'm SO up for it!

I'll cross my fingers AND my toes! Let's do this!

Whichever way we can get new figures!
    I suppose it's time to start hammering Super 7 on social media to pursue a deal with Bill Stout.

They were able to get it done for round one, so hopefully lots of requests - combined with the sales figures from wave one - something can/will happen!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Honestly, I think ANY figure is a missed opportunity. We were in a unique time in MOTUC where we were getting characters that had never been made, and likely will not have a chance to be made again. Origins will start remaking all of the usual figures again. and would take years to get to this point, and even if it does...they don't scale with MOTUC. I hate that Classics couldn't continue on.

In particular for me though, my big misses:

1: Queen Crita
    2: Hoove
    3: Staghorn
    4: Butthead
    5: Lizor
    6: Crystoll
    7: Master Sebrian
    8: NA Teela
    9: Spinwit
    10: Sagitar
    11: Kayo
    12: Vizor
    13: Nocturna
    14: Artilla
    15: Tuvar
    16: Baddrah
    17: Zilora
    18: Club Grayskull Adora
    19: Club Grayskull Glimmer
    20: Club Grayskull Bow
    21: Club Grayskull Frosta
    22: Club Grayskull Leech
    23: Club Grayskull Horde Trooper
    24: Club Grayskull Entrapta
    25: 87 Movie Evil Lyn
    26: 87 Movie Beastman
    27: 87 Movie Teela
    28: 87 Movie Man at Arms

And a LOT more.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Heroic Warrior
    I suppose it's time to start hammering Super 7 on social media to pursue a deal with Bill Stout.

They were able to get it done for round one, so hopefully lots of requests - combined with the sales figures from wave one - something can/will happen!
    Great idea! It would be nice to know whether or not it's actually doable, though.

If someone could straight up ask Brian 'Can you release 'The William Stout Collection 2' WITHOUT the MOTU Classics logo and packaging under different/generic character names?', that would be awesome. This is why I miss the Q&A sessions....

They are not going to do anything that could jeopardize their relationship with Mattel. Although Classics is on hiatus, Brian himself noted in his interview with Nerds on A Couch that while they cannot produce anymore Classics/Club Grayskull figures while Mattel is producing Origins, they were in discussions with Mattel as to when they might be able to resume. Nothing definitive in terms of a timeline, as he stated, but coupled with Val's repeated statements that Mattel is aware of the demand for more Classics and that they haven't thrown the towel on the line, I do have hope for more in the not too distant future.

I would add the Dark Trooper to that list too so people could army build if they wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    They are not going to do anything that could jeopardize their relationship with Mattel. Although Classics is on hiatus, Brian himself noted in his interview with Nerds on A Couch that while they cannot produce anymore Classics/Club Grayskull figures while Mattel is producing Origins, they were in discussions with Mattel as to when they might be able to resume. Nothing definitive in terms of a timeline, as he stated, but coupled with Val's repeated statements that Mattel is aware of the demand for more Classics and that they haven't thrown the towel on the line, I do have hope for more in the not too distant future.
    Brian seeking a second deal with William Stout would not jeopardize their relationship with Mattel since Mattel could never make any 87 movie figures past Blade, Gwildor & Saurod and William stout would NEVER do business with Mattel. We only got these figures because Super7 is not Mattel. Brian even stated at one point to a fan that if they were to persue a second deal with William Stout they would need new packaging calling it the William stout Collection and would need to change the characters names but not their looks.
    Its not like Mattel hasn't had to change a characters name but not its looks because another company had the name trademarked like Strong Arm had to be Strongor and Ninjor had to be ninja warrior.
    Last edited by mjw41; January 19, 2020 at 11:52pm.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I would add the Dark Trooper to that list too so people could army build if they wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Brian seeking a second deal with William Stout would not jeopardize their relationship with Mattel since Mattel could never make any 87 movie figures past Blade, Gwildor & Saurod and William stout would NEVER do business with Mattel. We only got these figures because Super7 is not Mattel. Brian even stated at one point to a fan that if they were to persue a second deal with William Stout they would need new packaging calling it the William stout Collection and would need to change the characters names but not their looks.
    Its not like Mattel hasn't had to change a characters name but not its looks because another company had the name trademarked like Strong Arm had to be Strongor and Ninjor had to be ninja warrior.
    Oh! So Brian has actually said they could do it under different packaging and change the names? That's brilliant! Do you have a link to his comments?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I am perfectly aware of the history, but do you honestly think that they are going to take that risk in taking this route given the edict they are under by finding a proverbial loophole?

Fans have expressed similar sentiments in the past for various characters that were never previously made, and be it Scott or whatever brand manager was in place at the time, they indicated they were not going to operate in such a fashion either.....what makes you think Super7 will?

Agree, it will not be worth souring any relationship to any party when things are not beyond repair or relationships are still intact.

Now may be bleak for the rest of 87 movie characters but can we just enjoy the figures we have now? they just been released and we already want more immediately? Sorry, that's gluttony at its finest. We just worry for the rest of the characters some other day maybe?

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Agree, it will not be worth souring any relationship to any party when things are not beyond repair or relationships are still intact.

Now may be bleak for the rest of 87 movie characters but can we just enjoy the figures we have now? they just been released and we already want more immediately? Sorry, that's gluttony at its finest. We just worry for the rest of the characters some other day maybe?

I agree with the gluttony part but unfortunately we collectors suffer from that by definition. One day I heard this from a collector that was interviewed:

Interviewer: "What's the action figure you like best in your collection?"
    Collector: "The one I will buy next"

That pretty much describes our ugly truth. My particular case: my wallet is so happy MOTUC has ended (I don't buy the "hiatus" thing), but still I'm upset we won't have more CC/CG waves and I advocate for more, heheheh. Good way to do a diet to keep my gluttony controlled!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Oh! So Brian has actually said they could do it under different packaging and change the names? That's brilliant! Do you have a link to his comments?
    There is no link it wasn't anything Brian said in print He was asked at one of the cons by a fan and that was his response that thy could do it but it would require new packaging and the names would need to be different.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post

Exactly, they aren't going to risk it, period.

As for the gluttony part, if or when S7 is allowed by Mattel to continue Classics, I'd like to think they could do another set. Personally, I would rather get characters from different media (NA/mini comics/etc.) before any more movie figures, but fans are fickle. Once these were announced, a lot of folks were upset. Now that these are in hand for a large majority of people, I have seen nothing but praise and what have you for these because yes.......they are pretty awesome looking .

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I am perfectly aware of the history, but do you honestly think that they are going to take that risk in taking this route given the edict they are under by finding a proverbial loophole?

Fans have expressed similar sentiments in the past for various characters that were never previously made, and be it Scott or whatever brand manager was in place at the time, they indicated they were not going to operate in such a fashion either.....what makes you think Super7 will?
    How is it a loophole when the 87 movie designs belong to William Stout and Mattel has no rights to them what so ever?

As long as Mattel's packaging isn't being used or the names trademarked by Mattel are not being used it should be perfectly legal. Mattel is the one who used loopholes getting out characters they wanted but had no rights to the names because other company had Trademarked them. Strongor was a loophole, Ninja Warrior was a loophole and don't think for a minute Mattel didn't ask their legal team can we get away with this and they were told as long as you change the name yes. Even Gwildor was a loophole because Mattel made him 100% Movie accurate instead of Toy look accurate which they only had the right to.

Could Mattel have sour grapes to a William stout wave two figure set YES, would they have legal recourse NO because William Stout owns the designs to the characters looks and William Stout is free to deal with super7 or any company he wants, He just won't deal with Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    The best is make unproduced characters like Lady slither, hunga, colonel blast, NA, etc movie characters is dono, no more.