Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If Classics is done, then what figures do you think we honestly have missed out on?

When it comes to obscure characters, yes, we are pretty far down the rabbit hole. Again, so what? I want more obscure stuff like Sharella, Shezar, Scrollos, He-Ra, and Minox either because they play a role in the mythology or because they are cool - or both.

All of this doesn't mean that I love these characters more than our beloved famous core characters. It's just that I already have those in various styles and form factors. However, I do not have a single Hunga the Harpy or Col. Blast, for example, and Classics is realistically the only avenue to get stuff like that, outside of customs. They'll never go this deep again with any line, so why end it now when we have our only chance to get some of these characters, most likely for the only time, ever?

My feeling is that we can totally still have Origins, which will bring in new collectors, kids, and existing collectors, but also keep Classics going for hardcore collectors who love all corners of the mythology. I don't see why MOTUC has to "go to sleep
    This 💯
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Mostly 200X characters I had hoped to see:

Tuvar
    Baddrah
    MYP Roboto
    MYP Beast-Man
    MYP Ram Man
    MYP Trap-Jaw
    MYP Teela
    Snake Armor Man-At-Arms
    Snake Mekaneck
    Snake Teela
    MYP Hordak
    MYP Rattlor
    MYP Kobra Kahn
    MYP Squeeze
    MYP Tung Lashor
    Zeelahr

FILMATION:

Hunga the Harpy
    Ram Man
    Kobra Kahn

And all the characters from the DC comics.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    The Masks of Power demons are one of my few really big gaps in the line. Like them or not, those two guys were at least as, arguably even more well-known internationally than Lodar. In a line that brought us the Monogram box art pilots (aka Fighting Foe Men), Gygor and Sir Laserlot, this gap almost mind boggling to me.

Lots of things missing from New Adventures. Yes, we know those characters usually didn't sell very well. And still, it was a shame that we didn't even have a chance to make a fundraiser model work out to get at least some of them. Lizorr was listed as by far the most requested NA characters for quite some time, and even many MotU "purists" admit that Sagitar would've been an intriguing figure. Personally, I would've loved to finally see Crystoll. And a Skeletor figure working to embody both the original Disks of Doom and Battle Blade figures would've been awesome.

Though not the biggest Filmation fan, Hunga and Dragoon rank among the original cartoon characters I'm gonna miss deeply.

I'm glad that we got Anti He-Man, something I never would've thought to see. I'm gonna miss a Satma figure though, especially as I think that one could've been done fairly easily. Great Black Wizard and Lady Slither are new creations far more deserving of a figure than some of the stuff they threw towards us in the 30th Anniversary mini-sub.

We got a good share of main character variants. However, it feels very weird that we have Preternia Disguise He-Man and Battleground Evil-Lyn, yet no 200X Prince Adam and Roboto. Speaking of variants, there should've been at least one more wave of "2.0" versions of core characters. Ultimate Man-At-Arms, Hordak, Fisto, Stinkor, Trap Jaw... there was some good potential there.

It's a huge bummer to me that, according to rumors, we came quite close to get a Slime Pit but ended up only with a very expensive Horde Zombie He-Man who (albeit with less accessories) probably would've been a pack-in figure, had Mattel continued with the line beyond 2016. The Attak Trak was the last vehicle to complete "vintage MotU year 2". The Land Shark certainly would've been an amazing vehicle in this line. And deep down, I feel sorry that neither Mattel nor Super7 took the opportunity to offer the Road Ripper and save costs by selling a "LEO Toys" version.

And I still sorely miss one final weapons pak. We might never know about all the things we missed out on due to cost issues. But man, pink Zodac armor and weapons, but no magenta Faker armor and sword? Green Clawful shield but no NA Thunder Punch He-Man armor? Doesn't feel right.

As for Club Grayskull aka HatMotU: Leech is a major gap here as is Ram-Man. Catra's cat form was much-requested throughout the years, and we got quite close to get a proper Cringer. And one can only dream about how much better some PoP characters like Glimmer might have been in this line, compared to the Classics version.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    The Masks of Power demons are one of my few really big gaps in the line. Like them or not, those two guys were at least as, arguably even more well-known internationally than Lodar. In a line that brought us the Monogram box art pilots (aka Fighting Foe Men), Gygor and Sir Laserlot, this gap almost mind boggling to me.

Lots of things missing from New Adventures. Yes, we know those characters usually didn't sell very well. And still, it was a shame that we didn't even have a chance to make a fundraiser model work out to get at least some of them. Lizorr was listed as by far the most requested NA characters for quite some time, and even many MotU "purists" admit that Sagitar would've been an intriguing figure. Personally, I would've loved to finally see Crystoll. And a Skeletor figure working to embody both the original Disks of Doom and Battle Blade figures would've been awesome.

Though not the biggest Filmation fan, Hunga and Dragoon rank among the original cartoon characters I'm gonna miss deeply.

I'm glad that we got Anti He-Man, something I never would've thought to see. I'm gonna miss a Satma figure though, especially as I think that one could've been done fairly easily. Great Black Wizard and Lady Slither are new creations far more deserving of a figure than some of the stuff they threw towards us in the 30th Anniversary mini-sub.

We got a good share of main character variants. However, it feels very weird that we have Preternia Disguise He-Man and Battleground Evil-Lyn, yet no 200X Prince Adam and Roboto. Speaking of variants, there should've been at least one more wave of "2.0" versions of core characters. Ultimate Man-At-Arms, Hordak, Fisto, Stinkor, Trap Jaw... there was some good potential there.

It's a huge bummer to me that, according to rumors, we came quite close to get a Slime Pit but ended up only with a very expensive Horde Zombie He-Man who (albeit with less accessories) probably would've been a pack-in figure, had Mattel continued with the line beyond 2016. The Attak Trak was the last vehicle to complete "vintage MotU year 2". The Land Shark certainly would've been an amazing vehicle in this line. And deep down, I feel sorry that neither Mattel nor Super7 took the opportunity to offer the Road Ripper and save costs by selling a "LEO Toys" version.

And I still sorely miss one final weapons pak. We might never know about all the things we missed out on due to cost issues. But man, pink Zodac armor and weapons, but no magenta Faker armor and sword? Green Clawful shield but no NA Thunder Punch He-Man armor? Doesn't feel right.

As for Club Grayskull aka HatMotU: Leech is a major gap here as is Ram-Man. Catra's cat form was much-requested throughout the years, and we got quite close to get a proper Cringer. And one can only dream about how much better some PoP characters like Glimmer might have been in this line, compared to the Classics version.
    Extremely thorough and well said, sir!

I agree completely with all your choices!

So sad that we may have missed all of these releases.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    If Classics is done, then what figures do you think we honestly have missed out on?
    For me, it isn't even close...

I've said it numerous times, but New Adventures was stiffed for so many years that it is the only faction/era with actual vintage counterparts that will never be completed in MOTUC.

It is a travesty... like having all of the Star Wars A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back figures, yet only a couple of Return of the Jedi figures...

It's a glaring hole in the collection.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Mini comics Tri klops
    Most of the New Adventures

we need to have new adventures and filmation variants complete.
    but some filmation characters like hunga, twiggets, colonel blast + some great 200x variants + masks of power demons and many many more is better

CC:

Hunga
    Twiggets

CG:

Multi-Bot
    Entrapta
    Leech
    Rattlor
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I still want many characters made in Classics, but if I had to pick just one, I would say it's Sagitar.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

For me? I'm happy, but I will say:

King Miro
    Master Sebrian
    Songster
    Starburst She-Ra
    Queen Teela
    2002 He-Man (the silver battle armor one)
    Filmation Zodac
    Scrollos
    Masks of Power Demons
    Lizzor
    And the METEORBS!
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Heroic Warrior
    I would have loved the mask of power demons, and also some of the other "Literature Faction" as VaultsofGrayskull so eloquently named it above. I always wanted more of that stuff. There's a handful of 200X like Miro, and definitely a few Filmation heavy hitters like Ram Man would have been nice. But it's really hard to look at this massive collection I have and feel it's incomplete. Once Snake Mountain lands, it's pretty darn inclusive.

I would go on buying this line forever and all the different iterations of the characters, different looks, and even new characters if they fit the style. But man, what a collection! Who'd have thought we'd get all we did when this little line launched against the odds over a decade ago? Kudos to our fandom for driving it.

I know I'm in the minority but I think its kind of a minor tragedy that we never had a Skeleteen figure in this line. Classics did a really cool job of not only creating a cool new streamlined cannon for the "main" timeline of MOTU but it really did some awesome world-building of the past AND future of the world as well. And while we had seen SOME touches on the past with what 200X did, classics is kind of the only MOTU continuity that really put in some work creating a more fleshed out future timeline. Getting figures of King He-Man and Dare was great at getting some figures of that era but lacking who would ostensibly the main antagonist of that era with Skeleteen is an absolute shame. Yeah, his name is dumb. And aesthetically his design (from the comics) is goofy and ridiculous in that XTREEEEEEEME 90's way - but that is also kind of charming and neat in a way that we don't have a lot of in the line. If we somehow get lucky and end up with a few more figures for this line I'd absolutely flip for this guy.

I'm with you 100% on that. I still want Skeleteen. I'd say he's the biggest hole in the collection, as my focus is on the story more than anything else.

For similar reasons, The Great Black Wizard is high on my wants, as he's been a catalyst for so many events and characters' origins.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Story-wise, I also support Skeleteen. But also we need Miro. Also Sharella is one of those important characters not made in plastic, together with Lady Slither. Just mentining those on top of my mind with prominent roles in the MOTU history without an action figure.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm with you 100% on that. I still want Skeleteen. I'd say he's the biggest hole in the collection, as my focus is on the story more than anything else.
    Same thing for me. The whole "Classics" storyline is (For me anyway) the best thing this line did. The toys are great, but the way they used the figures as a way to create a new story through incremental additions with the bios is really unique in terms of a storytelling mechanic. And building on that through the unique accessories included with some figures was just a cool way to do a toyline. It made me buy figures of characters I would otherwise have absolutely no interest in and not really regret it in most instances.

Heroic Warrior
    Santa Adam

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

There's a few that I wouldn't mind having that haven't been made yet but as long as the price is going to be sky high like they are, I'm okay with Classics taking a back seat...for a while anyway. If they'd drop the ridiculous high prices I'd probably miss them more.

I'd say Starburst She-ra and Lady Slither, for sure. Then 200x Sorceress and Hunga.

Court Magician
    From the time I started with classics, I for sure thought we were going to get any mounts that were living creatures. Like mantisaur, turbo dactyl, tyrantisaurus rex, and bionatops..
    I really felt that the meteorbs was going to be made. They were characters and part of the original line.
    All off P.O.G., Filmation she-ra and he-man, many comic characters, lots of international characters. Son of he-man era, and so many concept characters. I really thought this classics line would sort be a whole lot bigger and very inclusive of all things. I thought 3 to four more giants would have been great as far, Belzar, cheddar, and maybe steelkill. I'm in awe over what we have gotten but I still wanted more.

The list of what I would have enjoyed in Classics goes on forever. The list of items that my collection feels incomplete without is still pretty long :

Lady Slither
    Hunga
    Kittrina with Classics detail
    Great Black Wizard
    Skeleteen
    Illumina
    Songster
    Scrollos
    The remaining NA roster, particularly Sebrian, Sorceress (mini comic version), and Sagitar... Plus Meliac because I want a big ol' cyclops
    SOH New Masters
    SOH Evil Warriors
    Red Beast
    Col. Blast
    Melaktha
    Red Knight
    Crimson Fury
    Admiral Scurvy
    Garth (post transformation)
    Garn (mini comics version)
    Kex Queen
    He-Ra
    Sultra
    Crimson Countess
    Starburst She-Ra
    Evil Robot
    Hans Hammerholder
    RoboWoman
    Ra-Jar
    Bubblor
    Enchantress
    Minox
    Spirit of Evil (I think the 4H could have made something really bad ass for that character)
    Chef Allen

And some side items like the Slime Pit, SkyTree, Filmation floating head Spirit of Grayskull, Meteor s, and the rest of the vintage vehicles and steeds.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

For me it's all about MYP.
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Snake Armor variants, a bigger badass MYP Leech and Roboto, Oracle, Horde Troopers, etc. I really hope the line can continue one day and get a whole lot of MYP love. I doubt that will happen if Super7 is still in charge of the line because I get the vibe that Brian isn't really into that era. Just speculation, not an accusation.

Oh, and the Land Shark, Evil Horde Robot and the Slime Pit!
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by platypusrex82 View Post
    For me it's all about MYP.
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Snake Armor variants, a bigger badass MYP Leech and Roboto, Oracle, Horde Troopers, etc. I really hope the line can continue one day and get a whole lot of MYP love. I doubt that will happen if Super7 is still in charge of the line because I get the vibe that Brian isn't really into that era. Just speculation, not an accusation.

Oh, and the Land Shark, Evil Horde Robot and the Slime Pit!
    Hmm, has Super7 released a 200x figure?

Quote Originally Posted by racer x View Post
    Mini comic Tri-Klops
    agreed 100%. Him and mini comic Roboto are my only true wants they didn't get to....but Tri-Klops was way more important to me. Especially since we got mini comic Trap-Jaw.
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

There are quite a few...

Starburst She-Ra
    200X Sorceress
    King Miro (either version)
    The Twiggets (Sprocker, Spritina, and Spragg)
    Spirit
    Storm
    Hunga the Harpy
    Master Sebrian
    Kayo
    Lt. Andra
    Melaktha
    Sharella
    Catra (toy costume)
    Scrollos
    Songster
    Spinwit
    Hoove
    Lady Slither
    Joya
    Prince Dakkon
    Rana
    Kothos
    The Enchantress
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops
    Chef Allen
    Saryn

Club Grayskull:

Adora
    Leech
    Ram Man
    Catra & Cat Form
    Entrapta
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Count Marzo
    Mermista
    Buzz Off
    Moss Man
    Whiplash
    Webstor
    Kobra Khan
    Frosta
    Multi-Bot
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

The rest of New Adventures, hands down. Still mad it got shafted, though I'm thankful for the ones we have.

Starburst She-Ra is also a glaring omission, since she's the only vintage variant of her we didn't get.

I'd have liked Skeleteen so Dare could have his opposite. Lady Slither as well. I also wanted Bandwidth, but even I knew that was a longshot.

There are more, but I think these are the biggies for me.