Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angella/Glimmer Two Pack Fromm Entertainment Earth

Angella/Glimmer Two Pack From Entertainment Earth

Despite a serious lack of news from the Mattel rep at Power-Con, it looks like more product is popping up!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...-2pack/mtgkj20
    Last edited by bamf1980; August 20, 2019 at 04:04pm.
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

How exciting!!!!!! Great find!!!!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Cool!
    That gives me hope we will get a general release for Shadow Weaver as well!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    How exciting!!!!!! Great find!!!!
    It was actually .org member legodrew that found it. He was just too lazy to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Cool!
    That gives me hope we will get a general release for Shadow Weaver as well!
    Wouldn't be a bad idea. They could even put her on the adult buck. She's kinda short as-is. I'd still prefer to see more original characters first.
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

Good catch! Just pre-ordered this. I wonder what they could possibly do to Glimmer to make her different from her previous release. I also hope for a general release of a Shadow Weaver. I’m curious how far they will go with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes2882 View Post
    Good catch! Just pre-ordered this. I wonder what they could possibly do to Glimmer to make her different from her previous release. I also hope for a general release of a Shadow Weaver. I’m curious how far they will go with these.
    Some friends of mine are hoping for S1 Battle Armor Glimmer, along with her staff.

I do not like the single Glimmer. I do not like the single She-Ra as I got the She-Ra/Shadow Weaver set. And I do already have Catra. The Adora I don't know I might pick up. I do not like the Battle Armor She-Ra pack at all. I do not like the Bow. But with this as being a set with Glimmer and her mother Angella I did go ahead and pre-order it. Ugh. Hopefully they changed Glimmer up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I do not like the single Glimmer. I do not like the single She-Ra as I got the She-Ra/Shadow Weaver set. And I do already have Catra. The Adora I don't know I might pick up. I do not like the Battle Armor She-Ra pack at all. I do not like the Bow. But with this as being a set with Glimmer and her mother Angella I did go ahead and pre-order it. Ugh. Hopefully they changed Glimmer up a bit.
    Doesn’t seem like you’re a big fan of the line so far. Wouldn’t it be better to wait for official images?

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah for being so proud of chunky Glimmer they really slimmed her down and made her look nothing like the character. Angella is actually the only new design I think is OK, so I would love to see the doll.

My daughter recently told me she does not want 'bike short She-Ra.' She said she would have liked the Adora doll if she did not look like a boy. The costume is neat. I wonder if I can buy her and have a customizer actually make her look feminine.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Yeah for being so proud of chunky Glimmer they really slimmed her down and made her look nothing like the character.
    They did use a thicker sculpt, Though not thick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    They did use a thicker sculpt, Though not thick enough.
    Gotcha. I showed a picture of her online (because she was not in our local store) to my daughter and my daughter asked me why she was not chunky - LOL! She is six, so she does not quite have a filter. Then again I am 40 and I barely have one.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Well, the reality is that she has chunkier hips only, but the design of the outfit kinda makes that hard to see unless you strip her down. So, purpose kinda defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Gotcha. I showed a picture of her online (because she was not in our local store) to my daughter and my daughter asked me why she was not chunky - LOL! She is six, so she does not quite have a filter. Then again I am 40 and I barely have one.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    DoesnÂ’t seem like youÂ’re a big fan of the line so far. WouldnÂ’t it be better to wait for official images?
    No it's not that at all. I just do not like the design of the Glimmer or Bow figures, and I just feel that the Battle Armor She-Ra and Swiftwind set just looks kinda cheap. I think its the wings and her "battle armor" lol. I absolutely love my Catra and I'm very much looking forward to getting the She-Ra and Shadow Weaver set. I will probably get Adora at some point too. And even though I'm not a fan of the Glimmer figure, a set with her and Angella just seems too good to pass up. Plus when IRL pictures are released, and if I do not like it, it is very easy to cancel my order with Entertainment Earth.
    Last edited by depp76; August 21, 2019 at 06:30pm.

I wonder if this Glimmer will be her battle armor look from the season 1 finale? Maybe with the staff?
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Just got this lovely email from Entertainment Earth:

"Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. We appreciate your business!

Unfortunately, we're sorry to report that the manufacturer has notified us that the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Queen Angella and Glimmer (item MTGKJ20) you ordered has been cancelled and we will not be able to ship it to you. No additional information was provided to us by the manufacturer as to why the item was cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you."

Mine got cancelled also.

The other 2 Netflix She-Ra products they have pre-orders for got bumped from "Coming in September 2019" to "Coming in January 2020."
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Although I was slightly freaked out by the order cancellation, the more I think about it (and I think it's backed up by She-Ra getting pushed to January) the more I think listing the two-pack was a mistake. It makes sense that Target would have the exclusive through the holidays, and it's coming out there. It doesn't make sense for them to pull the plug yet, for one thing. They've only gotten one shipment out to Target stores and that's sold out everywhere.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Although I was slightly freaked out by the order cancellation, the more I think about it (and I think it's backed up by She-Ra getting pushed to January) the more I think listing the two-pack was a mistake. It makes sense that Target would have the exclusive through the holidays, and it's coming out there. It doesn't make sense for them to pull the plug yet, for one thing. They've only gotten one shipment out to Target stores and that's sold out everywhere.
    From what they mentioned at PC, there will be more shipments hitting Target stores for those who missed the first shipment. They basically told us to be patient as more are on the way. I keep checking myself.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

So no image for the two pack and now it has been pushed back? I wonder how toys sales are going? Like actual raw data, not puff pieces. Anyone know?!?

I can say that I have 5 Target stores near me, and all 5 sold out of the figures except for 1 store. They still have 2 She-Ra dolls but all the others (Adora, Catra etc) sold in 2-3 days.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    I can say that I have 5 Target stores near me, and all 5 sold out of the figures except for 1 store. They still have 2 She-Ra dolls but all the others (Adora, Catra etc) sold in 2-3 days.
    The problem is that you cannot tell if it is people buying them to collect or scalpers. I watched a guy clear the shelves the other day of several toy lines because he puts them on CL and Ebay for higher prices. I go to my Target weekly (sometimes multiple times a week) and none of the She-Ra stuff is moving. They have the same dolls in the same positions since they first stocked. It is possible they could have sold them and restocked, not sure.

We had a fairly tough time tracking these down for my daughter at first.

I checked Target.com and saw that the She-Ra and Swiftwind set is sold out there. Catra, Glimmer, Bow, and Adora aren't listed, but I've never seen them online yet so maybe they just never put those ones online.

The dolls ship 2 She-Ra/ Swift-Wind sets in a case, 4 She-Ras in a case, and 1 each of Catra, Glimmer, Bow, and Adora in a case.

I'm checking Ebay and seeing multiple recent sales of Catra at around $40-$50 dollars, Glimmer around $28- $35, She-Ra $30-$40, $25-$30 for Bow, and even some $60 dollar sales of the sword and shield set, so there is definitely an aftermarket. My guess is that a lot of the demographic collecting these is different from the traditional MOTU collecting groups who hang out here. There's also the fact that the Super7 set routinely sells for between $100 and $200 dollars, probably leading some fans of the new show to jump on these in the fear that the Mattel dolls will skyrocket, too.

My guess is that these will level off pretty quickly, though. Around October we'll see Target start preparing for Christmas restocks and they'll probably get more in. Hopefully we see better case packs. I think Bow, Glimmer, and Adora one per case are OK but Catra definitely needs to be 2 per case, or keep things the way they are but add one Catra into the She-Ra case.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Like I said in your review thread, Mattel are shooting themselves in the foot here by making these Target exclusive!

Honestly it’s a complete and utter failure on their part that people are paying triple the price for these figures on the aftermarket at this point!

I guarantee you a vast majority of people buying these on eBay will have checked Amazon and other online retailers.

Clearly there is a rather big demand for these, so why are Target not fully stocked up if you’re going to give them exclusive rights? And why are Target not bothering to list them online? They care enough to make them exclusive but then don’t care enough to stock up and list them online?Mind boggling.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t live through the horrible case ratios of the 200x days but frankly, it doesn’t seem like Mattel have taken their lessons from the past. I also felt that when I was watching the panel at Powercon, when asked about case ratios, the reaction seemed rather reluctantly, almost as if they were rolling their eyes at the question.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I didn’t live through the horrible case ratios of the 200x days but frankly, it doesn’t seem like Mattel have taken their lessons from the past.
    They never have, unfortunately. They always keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I also felt that when I was watching the panel at Powercon, when asked about case ratios, the reaction seemed rather reluctantly, almost as if they were rolling their eyes at the question.
    They never admit to doing anything wrong with their marketing, product distribution, and case ratio strategies. They always put the blame of products not selling the way they expected on things like people not being interested enough, the franchise being dead, etc., and then use that as the justification for them not caring and not investing on the brand properly and for waiting for others to revive the brand for them.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog