Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Out Of The MCU (Thanks To Sony) - Now Back In

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I found Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse to be one of the best Spiderman movies out there. I am not usually a fan of the whole multiverse angle (because I think it is about as lazy as time travel as a plot device), but I really enjoyed that flick. Spider Pig has to be the worst invention ever in the history of comments, but I didn't even find him all that offensive in that flick.

We have three different Spiderman movie franchises now, how many do we need?!?

Just kidding (before someone throws Spiderman figures at my head)
    I agree. Multiverses are just as bad as time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That's awesome.

Disney are just being greedy as usual. They want to own everything.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as the films are good it doesn't matter who makes them.
    See people don't read alot of other people's posts to see a different side of things...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And stop I know that Disney owns Marvel if Disney didn't own Marvel I would feel the same way things that are created by that person/company SHOULD get them back...Does anyone REALLY think that anyone at Marvel Studios had something to do with Avi Arad selling off these properties in the 1990's?

I got that from someone I work with...Oh so it's everyone NOW at Marvel/Marvel Studios that is at fault for selling some of these characters off in the 1990's instead of Avi Arad........... OK
    The problem here is you are arguing mostly with emotion for a desired outcome and claiming people arguing from logic and evidence are being "negative".

What you've said above - that since no one at Disney or Marvel Studios was involved with the sale of the Spider-Man rights, that it's not fair that they are bound by that sale and deserve to get those rights back.

That's similar to me saying this: I grew up in a home my great-grandparents built themselves. 15 years ago my mother sold that house and moved on. But now I want to move back home. I wasn't involved in the decision to sell, but hey, that house was built by MY family and I grew up there, so the new owners should let me have that house back.

Do you actually believe I should be able to demand my ancestral home back from the current, lawful owners? If not, then you don't actually believe Disney should get Spider-Man back - because it's the same thing.

And I'm not someone saying Disney is a bad guy here. After reading more about these negotiations it sounds like Disney was asking for a greater share of the profit from Spider-Man films, though less than the 50% initially reported, but that they were also willing to contribute money to the production of those movies - something they didn't do in their previous arrangement. It seems like a fairly reasonable thing to propose, really. But Sony - and perhaps rightfully - saw the success of Into the Spiderverse and Venom as a sign that they no longer needed the boost from the MCU to make Spider-Man successful and told them no thanks. And that is ALSO a reasonable thing for them to do.

Just businesses making business proposals and business decisions.

All the players in this will be fine. We will get more Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland and more Spider-Man adjacent movies from Sony, and maybe, even eventually a live action Miles Morales film. The MCU will continue to churn out blockbuster after blockbuster as well as saturate our TV's with Disney+ mini-series and I'll be there to watch all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    The problem here is you are arguing mostly with emotion for a desired outcome and claiming people arguing from logic and evidence are being "negative".

What you've said above - that since no one at Disney or Marvel Studios was involved with the sale of the Spider-Man rights, that it's not fair that they are bound by that sale and deserve to get those rights back.

That's similar to me saying this: I grew up in a home my great-grandparents built themselves. 15 years ago my mother sold that house and moved on. But now I want to move back home. I wasn't involved in the decision to sell, but hey, that house was built by MY family and I grew up there, so the new owners should let me have that house back.

Do you actually believe I should be able to demand my ancestral home back from the current, lawful owners? If not, then you don't actually believe Disney should get Spider-Man back - because it's the same thing.

And I'm not someone saying Disney is a bad guy here. After reading more about these negotiations it sounds like Disney was asking for a greater share of the profit from Spider-Man films, though less than the 50% initially reported, but that they were also willing to contribute money to the production of those movies - something they didn't do in their previous arrangement. It seems like a fairly reasonable thing to propose, really. But Sony - and perhaps rightfully - saw the success of Into the Spiderverse and Venom as a sign that they no longer needed the boost from the MCU to make Spider-Man successful and told them no thanks. And that is ALSO a reasonable thing for them to do.

All the players in this will be fine. We will get more Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland and more Spider-Man adjacent movies from Sony, and maybe, even eventually a live action Miles Morales film. The MCU will continue to churn out blockbuster after blockbuster as well as saturate our TV's with Disney+ mini-series and I'll be there to watch all of it.
    Your trying to prove a point like you have financial gain to benefit from it.....who cares I want what I want not a history lesson about something that has nothing to do with situation...stop

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    See people don't read alot of other people's posts to see a different side of things...
    Disney have the money. If they want Spider-Man back they can buy the rights like X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Thank you. You said that much better than I would have.

There's no shortage of emotion, that's for sure.

Disney have the money. If they want Spider-Man back they can buy the rights like X-Men and Fantastic Four.
    Well no, they didn't just buy the rights to those Marvel properties, they bought Fox Studios itself because the property was too valuable for the studio to sell. That's a bigger move. I'd expect Sony to hold on to Spider-Man just as dearly, and I don't think just buying the studio from Sony is something Disney is ready to do so soon after the Fox sale. If this is resolved quickly, it'll be Sony flinching because their movies start doing badly--and even then my impression is Rothman would rather lose an eye than flinch (not his own of course).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    There's no shortage of emotion, that's for sure.

Well no, they didn't just buy the rights to those Marvel properties, they bought Fox Studios itself because the property was too valuable for the studio to sell. That's a bigger move. I'd expect Sony to hold on to Spider-Man just as dearly, and I don't think just buying the studio from Sony is something Disney is ready to do so soon after the Fox sale. If this is resolved quickly, it'll be Sony flinching because their movies start doing badly--and even then my impression is Rothman would rather lose an eye than flinch (not his own of course).
    Yeah Sony will probably back down eventually. I would they they would have learned their lesson after the backlash from Ghostbusters 2016.

Did anyone make an Infinity War joke yet?

'I don't want to go, Mr. Sony! I do not want to go!'

Lighten up, boys!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Lighten up, boys!
    Here? no on the interwebz? yes.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Lighten up, boys!
    It's not that simple it's two stupid studios seeing who's **** is bigger and they are screwing the fans over..

PLEASE STOP! YOU'RE MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

You "hit the nail right on the head." Thank You. Unfortunately, I fear it'll fall on deaf ears.

Yeah, the whole rights with Sony sucks from a fan perspective, but it is completely legit and that's on past Marvel for giving it all away the way they did. It sucks, but at THE VERY LEAST, we got a handful of great Spidey appearances, AND we got to see the conclusion of a pretty nice and tidey arc starting with Civil War and ending with Far From Home.

We're really fortunate this didn't happen after Infinity War or Homecoming (I know the contract ended with Endgame, but I'm just saying). He can go off and do his own thing and we had a pretty good closing movie for him to go out on. Again, at the very least, that's not too bad. It really could have been a lot more painful.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; August 27, 2019 at 01:07pm.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quoting so people can read how sensible your post is.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Yeah, the whole rights with Sony sucks from a fan perspective, but it is completely legit and that's on past Marvel for giving it all away the way they did. It sucks, but at THE VERY LEAST, we got a handful of great Spidey appearances, AND we got to see the conclusion of a pretty nice and tidey arc starting with Civil War and ending with Far From Home.

We're really fortunate this didn't happen after Infinity War or Homecoming (I know the contract ended with Endgame, but I'm just saying). He can go off and do his own thing and we had a pretty good closing moving for him to go out on. Again, at the very least, that's not too bad. It really could have been a lot more painful.
    Cool to stay on the subject...that's refreshing..

And l thought I got out of college years ago some people think they are still in school and have to "Educate" people when that said person is educated but is not full of themselves and load it over other people...That's always classy...
    Last edited by Megalodon; August 27, 2019 at 04:15pm.

Okay, I now think the money stuff is a lie and this whole thing is happening purely so we could get this reaction from Jeff Goldblum.

The (MC) universe makes sense again!

(I'm kidding, but Dr. Malcolm made me smile).
    Last edited by gbagok; August 27, 2019 at 07:23pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay, I now think the money stuff is a lie and this whole thing is happening purely so we could get this reaction from Jeff Goldblum.

The (MC) universe makes sense again!

(I'm kidding, but Dr. Malcolm made me smile).

Heroic Warrior

It's what the user does.

Thanks to this thread I am re-watching all of the Spidey movies Last night was Spiderman and tonight it is Spiderman 2.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Friendly Neighborhood Mod Note:
    Gang, please stay on topic and maintain a respectful discourse in the forums. If you feel the need to veer off the topic of a given thread, do so via PM, but be sure to remain civil there as well.

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Last edited by Uki; August 29, 2019 at 06:04am.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Watched Spiderman 3 and then tried to watch the first one with Andrew Garfield. Not a fan of that one at all. I thought I had seen that one, but after watching it last night I am not sure I ever caught it. I did watch the one with the electric guy though. I remember that one being awful.

Watched Spiderman 3 and then tried to watch the first one with Andrew Garfield. Not a fan of that one at all. I thought I had seen that one, but after watching it last night I am not sure I ever caught it. I did watch the one with the electric guy though. I remember that one being awful.
    I have only seen the fist Maguire movie and Far From Home fully. I have seen bits of the others but not fully. I have also seen several episodes of the 70's US and Japanese Spider-Man shows.

I have only seen the fist Maguire movie and Far From Home fully. I have seen bits of the others but not fully. I have also seen several episodes of the 70's US and Japanese Spider-Man shows.
    Oddly enough I am NOT a Spiderman fan. Not even a little bit. I watched the cartoons growing up because my brother wanted to. I watched the movies because I love comic movies. I liked the Toby ones. They have problems for sure, especially emo Spidey, but they are entertaining. Spiderman 2 is a pretty good flick, they start to jump the shark in the third one. There are still some really neat scenes in that one though. I do not know enough about Venom, but it seems like a sketchy portrayal.

Oddly enough I am NOT a Spiderman fan. Not even a little bit. I watched the cartoons growing up because my brother wanted to. I watched the movies because I love comic movies. I liked the Toby ones. They have problems for sure, especially emo Spidey, but they are entertaining. Spiderman 2 is a pretty good flick, they start to jump the shark in the third one. There are still some really neat scenes in that one though. I do not know enough about Venom, but it seems like a sketchy portrayal.
    It would have probably helped Venom's character if they didn't try to cram Eddy's whole rivalry arc into one movie. And as I understand it he was also shoehorned in to the movie to begin with.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    It would have probably helped Venom's character if they didn't try to cram Eddy's whole rivalry arc into one movie. And as I understand it he was also shoehorned in to the movie to begin with.
    Yeah it seemed rushed or forced. I am not sure why they feel they need to cram multiple villains in movies. Just stick with one and try to flesh them out the best you can with the two hours you have.