Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Out Of The MCU (Thanks To Sony) - Now Back In

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Yeah it seemed rushed or forced. I am not sure why they feel they need to cram multiple villains in movies. Just stick with one and try to flesh them out the best you can with the two hours you have.
    If I recall correctly, Venom was hot at the time the movie came out, which may have been a reason they wanted to cram him in.

Honestly if they were gonna do that, they need to just bite the bullet and try to bring out the Sinister Six. Now that's a story I'd pay to watch unfold.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Yeah it seemed rushed or forced. I am not sure why they feel they need to cram multiple villains in movies. Just stick with one and try to flesh them out the best you can with the two hours you have.
    Holywood loves telling origin stories.

First movie tends to be origin story of Hero, and origin story of the villain for that film.

Sequels tend to focus on origin stories for two villains.

While the precedent was set with Tim Burton's Batman Films (could make an argument for Superman by Donner but you are kind of stretching it).

But Origin stories are easy to write, more so than actually further developing characters you have introduced. Also the fact that character development is sadly more likely to get backlash.

Raimi didn't like Venom, he wasn't much into Spider-man after the 80s. Sony said Venom was going to be in the movie no iff's ands or butts. So he used venom to flip off Sony basically.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Holywood loves telling origin stories.

First movie tends to be origin story of Hero, and origin story of the villain for that film.

Sequels tend to focus on origin stories for two villains.

While the precedent was set with Tim Burton's Batman Films (could make an argument for Superman by Donner but you are kind of stretching it).

But Origin stories are easy to write, more so than actually further developing characters you have introduced. Also the fact that character development is sadly more likely to get backlash.

Raimi didn't like Venom, he wasn't much into Spider-man after the 80s. Sony said Venom was going to be in the movie no iff's ands or butts. So he used venom to flip off Sony basically.
    Ah! See I really liked the development of Harry as the new Goblin. Willem Dafoe was amazing as Goblin, I seriously love the mirror scene from the first movie. I hate that they basically have two hours to introduce a villain and then escalate things to the point of the villain being killed. It is just not enough time. I like what the MCU did with developing Thanos over time and across several different franchises. I know that is not an easy thing to do, and people have really short attention spans, but trying to cram 30 years of comic history into two hours is horrible.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Ah! See I really liked the development of Harry as the new Goblin. Willem Dafoe was amazing as Goblin, I seriously love the mirror scene from the first movie. I hate that they basically have two hours to introduce a villain and then escalate things to the point of the villain being killed. It is just not enough time. I like what the MCU did with developing Thanos over time and across several different franchises. I know that is not an easy thing to do, and people have really short attention spans, but trying to cram 30 years of comic history into two hours is horrible.
    Dafoe was excellent as the Goblin.
    I also liked Macho Man Randy Savage as the wrestler Bone Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Dafoe was excellent as the Goblin.
    I also liked Macho Man Randy Savage as the wrestler Bone Saw.
    Bone Saw is READY!

Yeah I was super stoked to see him. I loved him when I was a kid. Hulk, Macho Man, Jake the Snake, Super Fly, the Bushwhackers, etc. Loved wrestling when I was growing up. Not so much as an adult though.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Bone Saw is READY!

Yeah I was super stoked to see him. I loved him when I was a kid. Hulk, Macho Man, Jake the Snake, Super Fly, the Bushwhackers, etc. Loved wrestling when I was growing up. Not so much as an adult though.
    Those guys were great. It's not really the same anymore dabble a watch it now and again but the 80s and 90s were my favourite era of wrestling.

Hulk Hogan is one of my all time heroes I absolutely love that old school 80s era (and the attitude era ) but yeah , ultimate warrior , Hogan , British bulldog , bret hart , absolute class !

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I got to see Bret Hart and a bunch of them wrestle in high school. My little cousin was into it, so his Dad took us. The Bush Whackers were there. Boy were they a crew!

I got to see Bret Hart and a bunch of them wrestle in high school. My little cousin was into it, so his Dad took us. The Bush Whackers were there. Boy were they a crew!
    That's awesome. The Bush Whackers still look pretty much the same as they did in the 80s and 90s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Hulk Hogan is one of my all time heroes I absolutely love that old school 80s era (and the attitude era ) but yeah , ultimate warrior , Hogan , British bulldog , bret hart , absolute class !

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Those guys were awesome. I even enjoy some of his Hogan's movies.

Heroic Warrior
    Those guys took so much ‘medication’ to ‘enhance’ their performance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Those guys took so much ‘medication’ to ‘enhance’ their performance as well.
    (ahem) vitamins, milk and prayers, brother , and iceycat, I'm jealous, I would have loved to have gone to a live event back then.

(ahem) vitamins, milk and prayers, brother , and iceycat, I'm jealous, I would have loved to have gone to a live event back then.
    It was pretty intense. We were standing up against the edge of the aisle (where the performers come down) and one of the Bush Whackers kissed me and put my little cousin's head in their arm pit - LOL! I got my picture taken with Bret too and I had a bear of his. I think he autographed it, but I cannot remember. I lost it years ago in a move with a bunch of my HS stuff (year books, prom dresses, etc)

Same. It would have been awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

It was pretty intense. We were standing up against the edge of the aisle (where the performers come down) and one of the Bush Whackers kissed me and put my little cousin's head in their arm pit - LOL! I got my picture taken with Bret too and I had a bear of his. I think he autographed it, but I cannot remember. I lost it years ago in a move with a bunch of my HS stuff (year books, prom dresses, etc)
    That's great. Bret was always cool. He is the only wrestler to appear in The Simpsons.

They were a lot of fun. Went and saw one of the events they held when I was a kid. Got to slap Hulk Hogan on the shoulder as he passed. Though admittedly my favorite was Andre the Giant until he had to leave. Even snatched up old Mick Foley's books.

Still some good wrestlers, but sadly I think Undertake may be the last of the breed. No one wants to do that pageantry anymore.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

It's interesting because basically the use of Harry in the Raimi films, and than Magneto in the FoX-men reset a precedence for arcing villains. I say reset, since Hackman was Luthor in three films. Also side note always thought it odd that Hollywood would kill the villains off in their films, but only mentioning that can.

And I wish DC if they were going to copy something that Marvel was doing it was how Marvel basically made comics into movies.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I was at a wrestling show in 2005 and got to meet most of the wrestlers on the show. Bulk from the UK Pitbulls was really friendly and mentioned my Slayer t-shirt and we talked for a long while about music and his band that he played drums in, cool guy. He wasn't really tall but very wide, his bicep was about the width of me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I was at a wrestling show in 2005 and got to meet most of the wrestlers on the show. Bulk from the UK Pitbulls was really friendly and mentioned my Slayer t-shirt and we talked for a long while about music and his band that he played drums in, cool guy. He wasn't really tall but very wide, his bicep was about the width of me LOL.
    Awesome. I was about 100 lbs soaking wet back then, so I was tiny compared to the wrestlers - LOL! I wish I knew where those pics ended up, I would scan them in and share. I think my Aunt has them some where.

I have seen what others have not seen!

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    Take it for what it's worth it Disney hate that fuels this fire I don't CARE about Disney I always wanted Marvel to get him back but since Sony & Disney are big corporations that what this is about but since Disney owns Marvel people will NEVER want him to come back JUST because it's Disney....That is stupid....

This is such a joke...A company creates that character should lose it someday? That is just dumb...

This is ALL about money and there are people that want things out of the creators/company that created them for whatever reason which is dumb again....

That's like I create something and want to keep in in my family/company but other's would want MY property because it makes money.....This is just so bad...

Just remember Disney owning Marvel is the ONLY reason why people are/were on Sony's side...If Disney did not own them it would be a different story...

This guy sounds like an old Commodore 64 voice program....
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 1, 2019 at 02:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This guy sounds like an old Commodore 64 voice program....
    You be the judge.

"I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

False alarm, (potential) crises averted. Sense won out in the end. Spider-Man will appear in the MCU. And Sony has also set a July 2021 release date for Spider-Man 3. The deal seems a bit weird, though. Basically, it appears as though Spider-Man will mainly function in Sony's Spider-Verse films, yet he's set to appear in at least one more MCU film. I think Tom Rothman valued his job too much:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1243777

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/

https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-wa...cs-1202746497/
    Last edited by Krueger; September 27, 2019 at 11:45am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    False alarm, (potential) crises averted. Sense won out in the end. Spider-Man will appear in the MCU. And Sony has also set a July 2021 release date for Spider-Man 3. The deal seems a bit weird, though. Basically, it appears as though Spider-Man will mainly function in Sony's Spider-Verse films, yet he's set to appear in at least one more MCU film. I think Tom Rothman valued his job too much:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1243777

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/

https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-wa...cs-1202746497/
    Good deal. I like the idea of Spidey being in Sony's other Marvel movies to help that universe grow. I also hope the change at the Far from Home mid-credits scene sticks, opening up new storytelling possibilities.

No real surprise as many of us speculated. As they say,.....Money talks, BS walks. With-out a deal, both sides lose.

It's fine but you can't stop the inevitable...Sony Movie Division will get sold eventually (Hopefully before the end of the year) and it will be Marvel's again....

This has been quite the week for answered prayers! I'm glad things worked out for this iteration of the character. I hope more movies will become possible later and we're not back here in a few years.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406