Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spider-Man Out Of The MCU (Thanks To Sony) - Now Back In

No way Disney were going to lose out on the Spider-Man money. They would rather make some than let Sony have all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    No way Disney were going to lose out on the Spider-Man money. They would rather make some than let Sony have all of it.
    After all it's their character.....

good to hear.

All the details while interesting, like who called who back etc only leave to speculation.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So, can the thread title now be updated to "Spider-Man Back in The MCU (Thanks To Sony)"?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    So, can the thread title now be updated to "Spider-Man Back in The MCU (Thanks To Sony)"?
    Why change it?

LOL. Spider-Man is getting to be the Hokey Pokey champ of the MCU. "You put your whole self in, you put your whole self out..."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    After all it's their character.....
    He's Marvel's character, not Disney's.
    Last edited by Mark M; September 29, 2019 at 12:11pm.

He's Marvel's character, not Disney's.
    I KNOW...Do people REALLY not get why alot of fans want him at Marvel? Marvel is OWNED by Disney people hate Disney...I get it already....If Sony owned Marvel and Disney owned Spider-Man I would want it the same way...We get it people you hate Disney get over it already I want it home by MARVEL and just because MARVEL is owned by Disney is irrelevant I want Marvel to get their characters back I could give two ***** about Disney OR Sony....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    LOL. Spider-Man is getting to be the Hokey Pokey champ of the MCU. "You put your whole self in, you put your whole self out..."
    So True....

I KNOW...Do people REALLY not get why alot of fans want him at Marvel? Marvel is OWNED by Disney people hate Disney...I get it already....If Sony owned Marvel and Disney owned Spider-Man I would want it the same way...We get it people you hate Disney get over it already I want it home by MARVEL and just because MARVEL is owned by Disney is irrelevant I want Marvel to get their characters back I could give two ***** about Disney OR Sony....

- - - Updated - - -

So True....
    Marvel should have all their characters owned by one company.
    Disney have the money, they should just buy the character from Sony and be done with it.

Marvel should have all their characters owned by one company.
    Disney have the money, they should just buy the character from Sony and be done with it.
    Unfortunately Sony has no incentive to sell their biggest money maker.

Especially if they plan on selling their entire movie division down the line. Not having Spider-Man would definitely tank the value of that sale.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

Especially if they plan on selling their entire movie division down the line. Not having Spider-Man would definitely tank the value of that sale.
    Yeah I agree. Right now there is no reason for Sony to sell Spiderman. Maybe that will change down the road, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Court Magician
    In truth Sony would sell Spiderman but not until the next deal is made because Sony stands to make money both ways, with their Spiderman villains movies like morbeus, VENOM and spiderwoman all being done or thought of. Then they also get the MCU-Disney Spiderman and what not after these next five years we might see a whole new situation where things go real good for sony.

Don't know if you know it but Spider-Man wouldn't be part of the deal anyway if another company buys Sony's movie division Spider-Man goes back to Marvel...Look it up it's true so it's really not a big value Sony would be losing them for nothing and Disney wouldn't have to spend a dime to get him back...And if you really look into it Sony REALLY haven't made alot of money on Spider-Man as you think between advertising etc. they make a little or break even...So it would be in better hands with someone else...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6208ac1f6b50

I love this line from the article:

If and when Sony winds up in a merger with a company like Netflix, Amazon, or Apple, the Spider-Man IP will revert back to Marvel — and it's unlikely anyone currently involved with the IP at Sony will get a dime when that happens.
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 30, 2019 at 03:29pm.

Don't know if you know it but Spider-Man wouldn't be part of the deal anyway if another company buys Sony's movie division Spider-Man goes back to Marvel...Look it up it's true so it's really not a big value Sony would be losing them for nothing and Disney wouldn't have to spend a dime to get him back...And if you really look into it Sony REALLY haven't made alot of money on Spider-Man as you think between advertising etc. they make a little or break even...So it would be in better hands with someone else...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6208ac1f6b50

I love this line from the article:
    Here is a quote from the same writer (who isn't connected to Disney or Sony. He's a screenwriter (with no apparent credits) that writes for Forbes). Emphasis, is mine:

The question becomes, does Sony try to sell the IP back to Marvel ahead of a buyout? Because if the IP isn't transferable and will instead revert back to Marvel in the event Sony is bought by another company, then two things are true: Marvel has no incentive to pay for the Spider-Man IP if they'll be getting it back for free after about five more years; and any buyer of Sony has to consider they won't retain the IP that has generated most of Sony's box office revenue stream. If the IP is transferable in a sale of Sony, though, then the value of the Spider-Man IP will be significant if the next five movies are able to perform the way I've explained is possible, meaning Marvel might be better off trying to buy the IP back before any of those new projects are completed and released, to keep the price lower and to avoid too many Spider-Man characters being adapted to the big screen outside of the MCU (which would make it hard to use them in the MCU any time soon).
    I'd love if he's right and Spidey going back to Marvel is inevitable. But he clearly is just guessing about how the rights work. And if he is right, I find it odd that he's apparently the only one in the media that has that info.

Its possible that kind of language was built into the deal, but remember, Marvel was operating from a position of weakness when they sold off Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, etc.

Well, honestly? it seemed weirdo for Disney's part dropping the ball on still the most recognizable Marvel character around the world (Sorry Black Panther fans) and this is sort of an happy ending we already knew.
    Scare tactics perhaps? By watching most of the press interviews for Far From Home, I could not stop than see the great feeling between porky Feige (must be cousin to Weinstein but that's just me) and Amy Pascal, or maybe was just being professional and diplomatic, showing all the excitement and leaving off all the drama behind. I believe there's still a good partnership among Marvel Studios and Sony, a mutual one profitable for both parties.
    Fact is, FFH it's the highest grossing movie in the Spider Man cinematic franchise. Chapter 3 should have been no brainer the day after those box office numbers came in.
    My hope for the next one it's just have a more centric Spidey story moving on from the Tony Stark mentorship and all those links to the MCU which were needed unfortunately
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Well, honestly? it seemed weirdo for Disney's part dropping the ball on still the most recognizable Marvel character around the world (Sorry Black Panther fans) and this is sort of an happy ending we already knew.
    Scare tactics perhaps? By watching most of the press interviews for Far From Home, I could not stop than see the great feeling between porky Feige (must be cousin to Weinstein but that's just me) and Amy Pascal, or maybe was just being professional and diplomatic, showing all the excitement and leaving off all the drama behind. I believe there's still a good partnership among Marvel Studios and Sony, a mutual one profitable for both parties.
    Fact is, FFH it's the highest grossing movie in the Spider Man cinematic franchise. Chapter 3 should have been no brainer the day after those box office numbers came in.
    My hope for the next one it's just have a more centric Spidey story moving on from the Tony Stark mentorship and all those links to the MCU which were needed unfortunately

Why your such a RAY of hope.... Probably want Spider-Man NEVER to go back to Marvel....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a quote from the same writer (who isn't connected to Disney or Sony. He's a screenwriter (with no apparent credits) that writes for Forbes). Emphasis, is mine:

I'd love if he's right and Spidey going back to Marvel is inevitable. But he clearly is just guessing about how the rights work. And if he is right, I find it odd that he's apparently the only one in the media that has that info.

Its possible that kind of language was built into the deal, but remember, Marvel was operating from a position of weakness when they sold off Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, etc.
    Well for what I read and heard that was written in when they sold the rights in 1998 so there is that...

im glad he's back in the MCU for a bit....

Prob was never going to leave anyways... this whole thing was a work to stir everybody up and get them squawking.

Well played Disony
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    im glad he's back in the MCU for a bit....

Prob was never going to leave anyways... this whole thing was a work to stir everybody up and get them squawking.

Well played Disony
    Just a way for free publicity. Like I said no way Disney were going to lose out on the money generated from having Spider-Man in the MCU...even if it means Sony making money in the process.

So wishy washy - LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"