Thread: Mark Taylor's autobiography "He-Man & I: an Odyssey"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy

Mark Taylor's autobiography "He-Man & I: an Odyssey"

T. Mark Taylor and his wife Rebecca announced Mark's autobiography (that they teased last year's Power-Con panel)

He-Man & I: an Odyssey

cover art by the excellent Ken Coleman

Hopefully more info will be available soon!

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I love the cover, great news thanks Jukka.

I can't wait to read this! I hope a release date is announced soon.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Really excited for this one. I don't do a lot of book reviews but I would definitely cover this

Definitely buying this!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Sweet.. I got the set of art they sold last year. I missed the set from s7 few years back though.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to Mark Taylor’s stories.
    What I am really hoping for is some information on what influenced the different characters and what his intentions were for the characters.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior
    And he man and I sounds more like proper english. And me sounds like what normal people who don't care about proper English would say, like me. I'm not proper, I don't care.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

No matter what the correct grammar, I think we need to give Mark Taylor a break on the title. At least we all know what he means. It would have been worse if he had omitted a comma or something. Like in the sentences: “Let’s eat, grandma!” versus “Let’s eat grandma!” That comma saved grandma’s life. But with this book, whether it’s me or I, we still know it’s Mark Taylor. Me is OK with that!. Forget that last sentence. When I read it back I thought it made me sound like Jar Jar Binks. So, it’s back to, ”I’m OK with that.”

No one really understands grammar. English is a bizarre amalgamation of a handful of languages. So, I could care less about the grammar, but the subject is truly worth while.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.