Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What other fandoms are you into?

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I'm a HUGE Star Trek fan. I'm currently in a re-watch of Voyager (it's better than we remember!)
    Man, Voyager gets a lot of flak. It's not my favorite of the series, but I do really enjoy it. Dark Frontier is so good. And, being a Klingon fan, I love B'Elanna's episodes.

Star Wars
    Indiana Jones
    DC (particularly Batman, but DC in general, too)
    TMNT
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Ghostbusters
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Can't believe I forgot television. I added that section to my post up above.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    National Hockey League
    He-Man/She-Ra/Masters of the Universe
    Dynasty
    Elton John
    Michael Jackson
    "Weird Al" Yankovic
    Chicago/Peter Cetera
    Leonard Cohen
    All 70s-80s-90s Sit-Coms
    80s Music
    Back To The Future
    Forrest Gump
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Totally forgot about Indiana Jones. It's one of my favorite trilogies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    --

Yeah I'm a big fan of the micro brews. I love most types of beer, I enjoy beer shows and the like. It's awesome
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Lots :

Bond
    Batman (60s , Keaton period , TAS)
    SW (mostly 70s/80s)
    MASK
    Bstarr
    DoE
    GB
    TMNT
    Spelling (MP , 90210 , Models Inc)
    Dallas
    Rederiet (Swedens answer to Dallas but on a boat)
    autographs
    movie posters
    films (horror , kung fu , some drama)
    Elvis
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; August 27, 2019 at 06:31pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    MOTU, Blu-rays, and the largest collection of General Holdo figures. One of the greatest, most important characters in Star Wars history.

Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Besides MOTUC, I am into GI Joe, MASK, Star Wars(3.75"), Marvel(3.75") and Transformers.

Gi Joe and Marvel are kinda dead at the moment since they have not released new products in the last 2 years.

I bought some MASK figures and vehicles of Ebay in 2015 to tickle a childhood fantasy but they are in a box ready to be thrown away or given.

I have also trimmed my Transformers to only include their Masterpiece line.

The crown jewel of my collection is the GI Joe terror dome which I somehow managed to buy a near complete version for under 100 bucks.
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Yeah I'm a big fan of the micro brews. I love most types of beer, I enjoy beer shows and the like. It's awesome
    You sound like one of those "Beer is food" guys, haha. I don't like beer or alcohol, so I don't drink. So---the more for you!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Sentinels of the Multiverse is also something I'm a fan of, and I've been known to fight the fight in the land if Skyrim still.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post

I used to love playing D&D, reading the manuals, etc. The only other RPG I ever really got into was RIFTS back in the day.
    I was into Rift during 1.6 era. the folks were friendly and we did a PUG (Pick Up Group) Raids for 5 hours during that time. Good ol' time baby.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Fandom? i guess im heavy in MOTU, slight in Thundercats, G.I.Joe, Transformers and DC Universe. In the past I'm sticking in comics (books and magazines), animation. TV series and films but now I appreciate the toys more which I collect mainly and now my current hobby.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Forgot about Oakley (which is trimmed down and almost in a complete halt at the moment) and motoGP (which is now reduced to just watching the races)

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    My main lines/fandom are-

Marvel
    DC
    Transformers
    TMNT
    MotU
    ThunderCats
    Metal Gear Solid
    StreetFighter
    Hokuto No Ken

Heroic Warrior
    In addition to MOTU/POP, the fandoms I'm into are:

Batman
    Spider-Man
    TMNT
    Dragon Ball (all of them)
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Vampire Hunter D
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt

Thundercats
    G.I. Joe
    Transformers
    TMNT
    Star wars (mildly now)
    Justice League DC Universe stuff
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Legends)
    X-Men (marvel legends)
    Voltron
    Jem
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Smurfs
    Inspector Gadget
    Archer
    Ren and Stimpy
    The Maxx
    Aeon Flux
    Daria
    Rainbow brite
    My Little pony (to a degree)
    Care Bears
    Carmen San Diego
    Lots of Disney things (disney afternoon stuff)
    Some WB things i.e. Loony Tunes
    Some Horror Stuff i.e Elm Street, Halloween
    Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter
    The Simpsons
    Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, The Dark Crystal
    The Nightmare Before Christmas

So yeah I pretty much just go broke in a general way cause I buy many things to a few things in these fandoms
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    I do g.i. joe 25th. That's what got me into all this crap. Motuc few months after 25th. Pretty much that's it. Got sound wave reissue. Trilogy star wars black series characters and snuck in rogue one characters. Matty thundercats, for the future, conan, thundercats, toxic, maybe turtles.. still unsure on that. Not a true huge fan, only selling point to me is that same selling point it is for conan, thundercats and toxic. If it's on a motuc buck, I can dig it. Oh, any of the dc characters built on a motuc buck as well. Still need to get me a joker and kgbeast and I think I have em all. I'm not a true toy collector when it comes to the term toy collector, or like many of you. I got into this late, prior never thought of toys. I had adult hobbies before like making boom bap beats and rhymed, bass fishing and boxing.
    Oh bbqing food is another hobby of mine outside of toys. Each thing I am into I have a collection though. Got like 12 fishing rigs, 2 smokers 3 grills, for making music, I only need my one machine, so I have no need to buy 40 different music machines. The asr-x pro does everything I need. I personally don't collect any boxing memorabilia. One day I'll add tyson and ali figures to my collection in ode to my love for boxing. I think I covered everything. I'll collect silly things throughout the years though, like here in the east we have a store called wawa, so in the last 20 years I'd buy their delivery truck sets, this last year they had pez dispenser trucks so grabbed 1 or 2. And just got a snagglepuss pez dispenser from think geek on clearance, sadly it's a pop not true pez. Rather a real looking snag over this cartoonie pop looking thing. But snag was my dude. Heavens to mercatroid, even.. exit stage left.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
    How is that a fandom? Lol. Anyway since hip hop is what you are talking and that's one of my things. Look up the documentary that spawned the movie breakin. It is based off a real movement that took place in cali and not some b rated movie riding the coat tails of the culture created back east like most think. This movement was helped created from the one and only Toni basil. Rerun was also part of this movement, ice t, boo ya tribe ( in which if you ain't a hip hop head that name means nothing to you) they were not rappers at this time, just breakers. Even devo had connection with this movement and Toni basil. In case you have no idea who Toni is, micky mickey you're so fine. But her talent was created way before that 80s hit. Name of the doc is breakin n enterin. Not many people know of this. I personally never met one online or in real life that knows about this. There's other cool breakdancing things from back then as well, like the after school program called the pilot and plenty of interviews. A few dancers can be found in a few shows and docs from them days based out of cali.

I find it weird that I'm the only one who's into World of Warcraft fandom.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I do g.i. joe 25th. That's what got me into all this crap. Motuc few months after 25th. Pretty much that's it. Got sound wave reissue. Trilogy star wars black series characters and snuck in rogue one characters. Matty thundercats, for the future, conan, thundercats, toxic, maybe turtles.. still unsure on that. Not a true huge fan, only selling point to me is that same selling point it is for conan, thundercats and toxic. If it's on a motuc buck, I can dig it. Oh, any of the dc characters built on a motuc buck as well. Still need to get me a joker and kgbeast and I think I have em all. I'm not a true toy collector when it comes to the term toy collector, or like many of you. I got into this late, prior never thought of toys. I had adult hobbies before like making boom bap beats and rhymed, bass fishing and boxing.
    Oh bbqing food is another hobby of mine outside of toys. Each thing I am into I have a collection though. Got like 12 fishing rigs, 2 smokers 3 grills, for making music, I only need my one machine, so I have no need to buy 40 different music machines. The asr-x pro does everything I need. I personally don't collect any boxing memorabilia. One day I'll add tyson and ali figures to my collection in ode to my love for boxing. I think I covered everything. I'll collect silly things throughout the years though, like here in the east we have a store called wawa, so in the last 20 years I'd buy their delivery truck sets, this last year they had pez dispenser trucks so grabbed 1 or 2. And just got a snagglepuss pez dispenser from think geek on clearance, sadly it's a pop not true pez. Rather a real looking snag over this cartoonie pop looking thing. But snag was my dude. Heavens to mercatroid, even.. exit stage left.

I used to be into the G.I. Joe 25th figures but over time I just started to really dislike the buck body and articulation system and how annoying it was getting them into the vehicles and how they were not compatible witht he older toys. I prefer the vintage and 2003 era figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    There was a time when I played WoW quite a bit in my spare time. But I couldn't copy with the fact that a lot of people I played with online would do nine hour gaming sessions in one sitting. I would get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    There was a time when I played WoW quite a bit in my spare time. But I couldn't copy with the fact that a lot of people I played with online would do nine hour gaming sessions in one sitting. I would get tired.
    IMO? I don't think I will get a burnt out this time for sure, not because a decent PC or anything but there's something that hooked me back into the fandom. Warlords was a disappointment IMO but right now I have like 4 Level 100 characters with 2 end level (working on one ATM) character. I'm having the time of my life more than ever.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I never got into WoW, but I always felt it was something I'd enjoy. Just never had a decent enough internet to take a chance on playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    Man, Voyager gets a lot of flak. It's not my favorite of the series, but I do really enjoy it. Dark Frontier is so good. And, being a Klingon fan, I love B'Elanna's episodes.
    Yeah, I started my Voyager re-watch when I saw that 7 of 9 is going to be in the Picard show. So I started with the intro to her character beginning at season 4. About midway through season 7 I decided to go back and watch from the beginning of season 1. I do fast-forward through some episodes, but over all I am really, really enjoying it. I have not watched Voyager since it's original run back in the 1990s, so this is awesome.

B'Elanna might be by favorite character.

Man, I love Star Trek.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."