Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What other fandoms are you into?

um what? what exactly is electric boogaloo. And yes WoW is a fandom but it's just for me personally I couldn't get into miniatures, but the whole lore surrounding them sounds dope.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Yeah, I'm into the role and hopefully there will be enough strength to do a tabletop Warcraft DND type.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Court Magician
    Im still an old big fan of everything Fright Night. the old movies and the old NOW Comics series

I like all sorts of pop culture but some of my favs, other than MOTU, are:

Star Wars
    DC Comics
    Marvel is awesome too but I'm more of a DC guy
    The Mask
    Our family plays PokÚmon GO all the time.
    Some Streetfighter
    Some Mortal Kombat
    Batman
    Superman
    TMNT

...I could go on but that's a lot of them.

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    My main Fandoms are:

Star Wars
    Danny Phantom
    My Little Pony
    Phantom of the Opera
    Marvel Comics
    DC comics
    Etheria will be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    um what? what exactly is electric boogaloo. And yes WoW is a fandom but it's just for me personally I couldn't get into miniatures, but the whole lore surrounding them sounds dope.
    Ha! You gotta watch the movie to find out, dude!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    How is that a fandom? Lol. Anyway since hip hop is what you are talking and that's one of my things. Look up the documentary that spawned the movie breakin. It is based off a real movement that took place in cali and not some b rated movie riding the coat tails of the culture created back east like most think. This movement was helped created from the one and only Toni basil. Rerun was also part of this movement, ice t, boo ya tribe ( in which if you ain't a hip hop head that name means nothing to you) they were not rappers at this time, just breakers. Even devo had connection with this movement and Toni basil. In case you have no idea who Toni is, micky mickey you're so fine. But her talent was created way before that 80s hit. Name of the doc is breakin n enterin. Not many people know of this. I personally never met one online or in real life that knows about this. There's other cool breakdancing things from back then as well, like the after school program called the pilot and plenty of interviews. A few dancers can be found in a few shows and docs from them days based out of cali.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    I was completely obsessed with break dancing when I was a kid, so I will check it out. I was joking about it being a fandom, I only know a few people who really enjoy the series. I just did not want to list the typical ones everyone else was listing (like Star Wars, which is pretty much dead to me now any way).

I gotta say though that there has to be some sort of fan base out there for the series because Super 7 did figures of Ozone, Turbo and Special K. I do not think they would have made them if they did not think they would sell. I was tempted, but I am pretty much selling off a lot of my collections. The older I get, the more minimalist I want to become.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Hmmm....I have my big toe dipped in a lot of stuff:

-70s/80s era Marvel and DC comics
    -Classic Star Trek
    -Classic Star Wars
    -Lots of Sword & Planet paperback novels
    -Mike Hammer novels
    -Various Indy comic books
    -Random Western novels
    -Various Sword & Sorcery / Fantasy novels

And I don't know if it falls into the 'Fandom' category, but also....

-Loads of 90s underground Alternative Rock bands
    -Lots of obscure underground Punk and Metal bands
    -The Simpsons ( mostly the 90s era)
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 2, 2019 at 12:08pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Ha! You gotta watch the movie to find out, dude!

- - - Updated - - -

I was completely obsessed with break dancing when I was a kid, so I will check it out. I was joking about it being a fandom, I only know a few people who really enjoy the series. I just did not want to list the typical ones everyone else was listing (like Star Wars, which is pretty much dead to me now any way).

I gotta say though that there has to be some sort of fan base out there for the series because Super 7 did figures of Ozone, Turbo and Special K. I do not think they would have made them if they did not think they would sell. I was tempted, but I am pretty much selling off a lot of my collections. The older I get, the more minimalist I want to become.
    Super 7 are making some Breakin/Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo figures.
    https://super7.com/collections/breakin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Super 7 are making some Breakin/Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo figures.
    https://super7.com/collections/breakin
    So tempting! The art work is awesome The price though, I can get two retro MLPs for that
    Last edited by IceyCat; October 2, 2019 at 01:31pm.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

So tempting! The art work is awesome The price though, I can get two retro MLPs for that
    Yep, that's the problem with a lot of Super 7's products, drastically overpriced for all they are. If you are interested in them you should shop around or just wait and you will probably get them on sale for a more reasonable price.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Outside of MOTU? A number of gaming fandoms. One of the biggest ones as of late is easily Splatoon. Great gameplay, characters, stories, and some of the catchiest tunes ever.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Dungeons and dragons
    My little pony
    Anime
    Buffy the vampire slayer
    Skylanders
    Fantasy Game Books
    Fantasy novels
    Last edited by Lokus; October 15, 2019 at 01:47am.

Horor movies and games.
    Anime, manga and jpop.
    Sonic the Hedgehog games.
    Resident Evil games.
    Jem & the Holograms.
    Westworld TV series.

Star Wars and MOTU for me. Although I am a fan of pop culture, in general. But those two brands are at the top for me, with TMNT and Transformers coming third and fourth respectively.

Star Wars - I’m not racist or homophobic however, and actually like Star Wars.
    DC Comics - with a bit of Marvel on the side.
    Pokemon - I’m a gamer through and through.
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; November 4, 2019 at 07:02am.

Widget
    Other than MOTU, i'm into Star Wars, Transformers, Doctor Who and Resident Evil, I used to be very involved in gaming forums but thy are way too toxic now

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Star Wars - I┬’m not racist or homophobic however, and actually like Star Wars.
    Ummmm, OK.

Plenty of Star Wars fans are NOT racist or homophobic. Not sure what the point of saying that way except to be divisive and dismissive of other fan's opinions. Remember when people were allowed to think for themselves and have differing view points?!? Good times!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Macleod View Post
    Other than MOTU, i'm into Star Wars, Transformers, Doctor Who and Resident Evil, I used to be very involved in gaming forums but thy are way too toxic now
    Resident Evil fan here as well. I played every single game with my brother (except 7).

Resident Evil fan here as well. I played every single game with my brother (except 7).
    7 is pretty good and I enjoyed playing its DLCs. I was initially against first-person perspective, but it worked quite well for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    7 is pretty good and I enjoyed playing its DLCs. I was initially against first-person perspective, but it worked quite well for the game.
    I want to play it some day, but I rarely game these days. I really liked the game play of 5 & 6, but the stories of the earlier installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Star Wars - I┬’m not racist or homophobic however, and actually like Star Wars.
    DC Comics - with a bit of Marvel on the side.
    Pokemon - I┬’m a gamer through and through.
    I love Star Wars but there are some movies and characters I don't like. Thar doesn't make anyone racist or homophobic.

Widget
    Ummmm, OK.

Plenty of Star Wars fans are NOT racist or homophobic. Not sure what the point of saying that way except to be divisive and dismissive of other fan's opinions. Remember when people were allowed to think for themselves and have differing view points?!? Good times!

- - - Updated - - -

About to start playing all Resident evils in order, is it bad i own most of them on multiple formats?

About to start playing all Resident evils in order, is it bad i own most of them on multiple formats?
    Nope, that is AWESOME! I used to, but I gave them to my brother over the years. Now I just have an XBox One.

Widget
    Nope, that is AWESOME! I used to, but I gave them to my brother over the years. Now I just have an XBox One.
    I've recently started a co op session resi 5 with a friend on xbox one,thankfully i have my infinite l hawk and rocket launcher lol

I've recently started a co op session resi 5 with a friend on xbox one,thankfully i have my infinite l hawk and rocket launcher lol
    Oh yeah, it is so fun to just go through and blast everything!

I had a lot of fun playing the raid mode of Resident Evil Revelations 2. It was not easy to find co-op partners online, but the ones I found were nice.