Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal is releasing She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Seasons 1-3 on DVD (Dec. 3)

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Why are shows that are made in hi-def still being released on DVD but not Blu-Ray in 2019?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Heroic Warrior
    I'll definitely be getting this one for the collection. You never know how long it'll be on Netflix, after all.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko the Great View Post
    They should've just called it the "complete first season".
    Why? It contains the first two story arcs (the first two "seasons" as conceived and produced by the showrunners, before Netflix messed with the second one and inappropriately split it up in half for marketing/profiteering reasons)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Why are shows that are made in hi-def still being released on DVD but not Blu-Ray in 2019?
    Because Blu-ray never displaced DVD as the main video release medium? Probably thanks to the stupid HD format war, which critically delayed the adoption of any HD format until it was too late due to the arrival of internet downloads (why buy if one "can" download for free?), the "HD escalation" wars (suddenly "Full HD" was no longer enough and the hype was on 4K, then 8K, and who knows what next), and the sudden demise of 3D (why invest anything in the newest shiny TV format/technology if it's probably going to be allowed to die an unceremonious death just a couple years later?).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

No Blu-ray? Meh - I'll pass.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I would have rather seen a blu-ray release too. Unfortunately Sony in its infinite wisdom decided to make Blu-Rays a huge mess and people adopted the format.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

The way She-Ra is drawn on the back cover really showcases how terrible the art style is. The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1) cover looks surprisingly good in comparison, it makes these character designs work.

The DVD is out today.

Click here to purchase
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

People didn't receive theirs yet?? Mine's in my mailbox.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    People didn't receive theirs yet?? Mine's in my mailbox.
    I got mine yesterday.

dreamworkssheradvdset.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The DVD is out today.

Click here to purchase
    WTF? They made it Region-1-only. This show is released worldwide on Netflix's platform, what's the point of locking the DVD release to one single region?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog