Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 174 Discussion - Dark Horse Toy Guide & New DC Comics

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 174 Discussion - Dark Horse Toy Guide & New DC Comics

Episode 174 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Daniel Benedict and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by Pixel Dan Eardley to discuss
    Power-Con 2019 recap Part 2,
    The Bloody Man,
    He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse comic,
    multiple canons,
    Anti-Eternia,
    Tim Seeley, Rob David, and Dan Fraga,
    return of the MOTU Mini-Masters,
    blind bags,
    chase figures,
    She-Ra & Horde Trooper,
    He-Man Toy Guide from Dark Horse,
    Supplemental to the He-Man & She-Ra character guide,
    working on licensed projects,
    revisiting the toys in-hand,
    Cheddar's,
    digital repairing photographs,
    fraudulent items,
    collector's who helped,
    Pixel Dan's level of passion,
    licensing issues,
    more books,
    honoring original creators,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on September 5, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 05 minutes, 54 seconds

Direct link for Episode 174

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse comic? What a title.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse comic? What a title.
    The story sounds similar to the Spider-Man spider-verse comic - at least in the general concept
    That was a great comic storyline
    Last edited by Powersword123; September 7, 2019 at 02:06am.

I was one of those people who saw Pixel Dan's photo teases on his Facebook page and called it right away that he was doing a toy guide. I even remember Dan liking my comment while Val tried to throw me off and say it was nothing like that . I figured it was because you guys couldn't say what you were doing at the time, and I just needed to bide my time until I was proven right! I have to admit, it took longer than I figured, and I didn't think Super7 was the originally intended company that was going to publish this.

I am really looking forward to this guide! I hope it includes the variants from other countries. It wasn't something I originally thought of, but when I saw someone mention that somewhere, I figured that would make this all the more amazing. The supplemental guide to the Compendium will be amazing too! I'm guessing that the DreamWorks She-Ra content is what can't be included, which is a bummer. I know we dealt with problems with Filmation rights for many years, so I guess this tradition lives on.

It was also great to have Dan back on RGD! Hopefully he can make more appearances in the future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I even remember Dan liking my comment while Val tried to throw me off and say it was nothing like that .
    I was pretty choosy about my words if you go back and read what I said.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I would like to see some of the concept characters used in the new Multiverse series as different versions of their existing canon characters, similar to the Curse of the Spawn series took on different versions of the cursed warriors throughout time. That would be a great way to put into action some of the art from Mark Taylor and other creators of the brand. Maybe then we can get some )@?!#$%( figures of these guys!!!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was pretty choosy about my words if you go back and read what I said.
    So much scrolling, so little time just giving you a hard time, I understand you can't say anything until you are allowed.

Also, forgot to mention this in my previous post, but Dan, I hope this MOTU toy guide opens up the possibility to do a TMNT toy guide as well. I backed one of those Kickstarter projects that was going to do a TMNT guide. Unfortunately, the guy never ended up fulfilling that project. However, from the previews he did give on it, I was very disappointed to see that he didn't use top quality samples of figures, or at least didn't do touchups on the flaws like Val mentioned. That kind of dedication to detail is what makes this fan community so great, and why we have such top quality output like we have, from the BCI DVDs to all the Darkhorse books. I'd love for this type of quality to be extended to other franchises I like, such as TMNT. I know Dan is a huge TMNT fan too, and can't think of anyone better to do such a project!

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

So happy for Dan. I was really excited to hear the news, though it made perfect sense and the teaser clips on Patreon of "pictures being taken for a mystery project" kind of gave it away... though I wasn't sure the scale of it all. I can't wait to have it in hand!

And I truly love the compendium, a supplement is most welcome.

Lots of joy in the last two episodes.. so much to look forward to!