Thread: Hypothetical MOTU/POP variants

Hypothetical MOTU/POP variants

As I was heading to bed last night a thought occured to me: What characters would you have liked to see variants for back in the 80s (aside from He-Man & Skeletor)? Personally, I never understood why they didn't do variants for Battle Cat and Panthor. Think about it:

He-Man = Battle Cat
    Battle Armor He-Man = Battle Armor Battle Cat
    Thunder Punch He-Man = Sonic Roar Battle Cat (requires 1 D Battery; Batteries not included)
    Flying Fist He-Man = Tornado Tail Battle Cat (requires 1 D Battery; Batteries not included)
    Laser Power He-Man = Light Armor Battle Cat (glows in the dark)

Panthor would have similar variants. Other than those two characters, I also thought about one for Ram Man - Battle Ram Man. Basically, it's Rammy in Battle Ram colors and with a bazooka type weapon instead of his axe; the weapon has an orange/red projectile.

So, what about y'all? It's 1980-something. What variants would y'all like to open up on Christmas morning or for your birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    As I was heading to bed last night a thought occured to me: What characters would you have liked to see variants for back in the 80s (aside from He-Man & Skeletor)? Personally, I never understood why they didn't do variants for Battle Cat and Panthor. Think about it:

He-Man = Battle Cat
    Battle Armor He-Man = Battle Armor Battle Cat
    Thunder Punch He-Man = Sonic Roar Battle Cat (requires 1 D Battery; Batteries not included)
    Flying Fist He-Man = Tornado Tail Battle Cat (requires 1 D Battery; Batteries not included)
    Laser Power He-Man = Light Armor Battle Cat (glows in the dark)

Panthor would have similar variants. Other than those two characters, I also thought about one for Ram Man - Battle Ram Man. Basically, it's Rammy in Battle Ram colors and with a bazooka type weapon instead of his axe; the weapon has an orange/red projectile.

So, what about y'all? It's 1980-something. What variants would y'all like to open up on Christmas morning or for your birthday?
    Wow awesome ideas! Mattel did something like this with the 2002 line like with Samuaii He-Man with Samurai Battle Cat, but I like what you did. Your Battle Ram Man is perfect.

Since this is just fun wish-thinking, I would have loved a Spirit of Castle Grayskull figure. This could have been the basic He-Man body, arms, and legs but with a Skeletor head wearing a cloth robe. It would all be colored various shade of white. The skull face of the head, robe, and good half of Power Sword all glow-in-the-dark.

There should have been updated variants of the popular characters Teela, Man-at-arms, and Beastman. Perhaps a Battle Teela with new removable armor that can holster a newly sculpted sword AND blaster.

Battle Armor Man-at-arms would have a new armor that can have a blaster flip over his shoulder that fires a projectile. He'd also have armor on both arms and legs and still come with his mace.

Jungle Attack Beast Man would come with a line with green, leaf-shaped hooks on either end. He'd have new armor that has a hook on the back to attach to this "zip-vine." He'd also come with a little creature.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Wow awesome ideas! Mattel did something like this with the 2002 line like with Samuaii He-Man with Samurai Battle Cat, but I like what you did. Your Battle Ram Man is perfect.

Since this is just fun wish-thinking, I would have loved a Spirit of Castle Grayskull figure. This could have been the basic He-Man body, arms, and legs but with a Skeletor head wearing a cloth robe. It would all be colored various shade of white. The skull face of the head, robe, and good half of Power Sword all glow-in-the-dark.

There should have been updated variants of the popular characters Teela, Man-at-arms, and Beastman. Perhaps a Battle Teela with new removable armor that can holster a newly sculpted sword AND blaster.

Battle Armor Man-at-arms would have a new armor that can have a blaster flip over his shoulder that fires a projectile. He'd also have armor on both arms and legs and still come with his mace.

Jungle Attack Beast Man would come with a line with green, leaf-shaped hooks on either end. He'd have new armor that has a hook on the back to attach to this "zip-vine." He'd also come with a little creature.
    Great ideas! I love your Battle Armor Man-At-Arms idea. I thought of an idea for a variant for Man-At-Arms earlier today - Space Man-At-Arms. Give Duncan a space suit so he can fix spaceship, satellites, etc.

I always thought about different head pieces for man e faces " heroic man.... Machine... Monster.... Mutant.... Magician.....maniac.....mechanoid.....marauder.... . Minotaur..... that kind of thing the in package face would always be" our" man e, but the unseen two would be any combination of others,( using "M" as a creative limitation)

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    Great ideas! I love your Battle Armor Man-At-Arms idea. I thought of an idea for a variant for Man-At-Arms earlier today - Space Man-At-Arms. Give Duncan a space suit so he can fix spaceship, satellites, etc.
    Dc comics eternity war, volume one issue 2 (I think), man at arms adapts Roboto to become his "space armour" to infiltrate the hordes orbital disruptor (Death star). He becomes the first eternian to ever see eternia from space

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I always thought about different head pieces for man e faces " heroic man.... Machine... Monster.... Mutant.... Magician.....maniac.....mechanoid.....marauder.... . Minotaur..... that kind of thing the in package face would always be" our" man e, but the unseen two would be any combination of others,( using "M" as a creative limitation)
    Marauder sounds awesome. Give him an eye patch!

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Dc comics eternity war, volume one issue 2 (I think), man at arms adapts Roboto to become his "space armour" to infiltrate the hordes orbital disruptor (Death star). He becomes the first eternian to ever see eternia from space
    I really need to check out that series. I've yet to pic up a single MOTU comic.