Thread: OPINION: Masters of the Universe Origins w/ MOTUC Parts is the best Filmation figure

Heroic Warrior

OPINION: Masters of the Universe Origins w/ MOTUC Parts is the best Filmation figure

He-Man here uses the Filmation Ultimate head, armor, and weapon on the SDCC MOTUO body. (I'm subbing in Adam's boots right now because I don't want to remove paint from the boots of the con exclusive. When I get a retail MOTUO He-Man, I'll strip the boot paint.)

This is honestly more what I was hoping for with Filmation vintage 5.5s. I'm hoping I'll be able to do more stuff like this as Origins rolls out. But this sculpt style feels more Filmation to me than the S7 ones.

Daaaaannnng! That actually looks pretty legit right there! You may be on to something man!

How’d you get the Classics head to fit though?
    Last edited by Razzerian; September 14, 2019 at 06:02am.

Nice. Although the Filmation head looks a little too big. Really like the Origins buck body. Looks really good next to vintage figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/wjKBmNs.jpg

He-Man here uses the Filmation Ultimate head, armor, and weapon on the SDCC MOTUO body. (I'm subbing in Adam's boots right now because I don't want to remove paint from the boots of the con exclusive. When I get a retail MOTUO He-Man, I'll strip the boot paint.)

This is honestly more what I was hoping for with Filmation vintage 5.5s. I'm hoping I'll be able to do more stuff like this as Origins rolls out. But this sculpt style feels more Filmation to me than the S7 ones.
    Looks off proportion wise imho... But if you like it that's good and well.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Daaaaannnng! That actually looks pretty legit right there! You may be on to something man!

How’d you get the Classics head to fit though?
    A little heat, a bit of force. It works fine once on.

I like it! The head might be a little large, but it's not terrible or anything. Looks as good or better than Super7's neo-vintage offering for sure.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Nope looks out of proportion. Im not collecting origins an any shape or form. Mattel lost my business after making promises in the Q & A’s and then going back on all of it and closing matty collector on us. Worst part was when Super7 agreed to take over MOTUC’s for mattel, the Mattel higher ups told brian flynn we were the worst customers. That we were rude and vile.

Mattel will never see a penny of my money ever again because they don’t respect their customers.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Well, the thread title made more sense when this was in the Super7 forum as a comparison with their Filmation 5.5s.

It makes less sense here. But I was told it belonged on this forum and it got moved so please imagine the title says “Best Filmation 5.5”.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Nope looks out of proportion. Im not collecting origins an any shape or form. Mattel lost my business after making promises in the Q & A’s and then going back on all of it and closing matty collector on us. Worst part was when Super7 agreed to take over MOTUC’s for mattel, the Mattel higher ups told brian flynn we were the worst customers. That we were rude and vile.

Mattel will never see a penny of my money ever again because they don’t respect their customers.
    And yet you are going to support Super 7.

Those higher ups are probably long gone by now...

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Judging by a lot of the comments here those higher ups weren’t wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    And yet you are going to support Super 7.
    Yes I will. super7 has never screwed me over.

- - - Updated - - -

You can laugh all you want but all Mattel Management has and will ever be concerned with are high quarter earnings and their shareholders Period.

The customer's wants or needs don't factor into their thinking.

We the adult Collectors kept MOTU brand active for 11 years. Without that Mattel wouldn't be able to launch origins because They did nothing with the brand at retail in all that time.
    Classics and Club Grayskull should be allowed to continue , but Mattel wants it all their way.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Yes I will. super7 has never screwed me over.
    Really? So you got the Ultimates with the resealable clamshell packaging, a Ram Man with the silver paint, a dark green Tri-Klops and Teela and Sorceress that looked like the prototypes? You must be an exception because a lot of other peoples figures were different.

Really? So you got the Ultimates with the resealable clamshell packaging, a Ram Man with the silver paint, a dark green Tri-Klops and Teela and Sorceress that looked like the prototypes? You must be an exception because a lot of other peoples figures were different.
    I'm speaking for what I received I'm very happy with , now all your doing is nitpicking on things that never happened in final product.
    From prototype to Working toy things change. It happenes with all toy companies and For what I bought and received i'll say it one more time I was never screwed over by Super7.

I'm speaking for what I received I'm very happy with , now all your doing is nitpicking on things that never happened in final product.
    From prototype to Working toy things change. It happenes with all toy companies and For what I bought and received i'll say it one more time I was never screwed over by Super7.
    It's not nitpicking. You being happy with the products you received does not change the fact that Super 7's actions screwed fans just like Mattel with the far armour etc.

It's not nitpicking. You being happy with the products you received does not change the fact that Super 7's actions screwed fans just like Mattel with the far armour etc.
    Don't turn my original comment which you chose to quote and laugh at for your personal crusade against Super7. Speak for your self Mark not for the community. My original statement was I was never screwed over by Super7 and I haven't been. I'm happy with every figure I purchased and received and I will happily continue to purchase future figures from super7.
    Just because you may not agree doesn't make me wrong in being happy with my purchases. Now let it go.
    Last edited by mjw41; September 21, 2019 at 02:46pm.

Don't turn my original comment which you chose to quote and laugh at for your personal crusade against Super7. Speak for your self Mark not for the community. My original statement was I was never screwed over by Super7 and I haven't been. I'm happy with every figure I purchased and received and I will happily continue to purchase future figures from super7.
    Just because you may not agree doesn't make me wrong in being happy with my purchases. Now let it go.
    I am on no crusae against Super 7. In fact I am considering purchasing some of their 5.5" figures. I just found it funny how you said Mattel don't respect their customers etc then supporting Super 7.
    Pointing out the fact they screwed fans isn't speaking for the community, there are numerous posts from other members on how the items were not what was shown when they pre-ordered them and the various QC issues. And I could be wrong on this but I am fairly certain of reading your own comments of getting figures with QC issues which you had to return for replacements. So regardless of how happy you are with your figures I don't think it's right to try and say Super 7 are any better than Mattel or try and dismiss and ignore issues lots of customers had with their figures. Much like some people are Mattel apologists and refuse to admit the various issues with MOTUC and Thundercats etc.

I am on no crusae against Super 7. In fact I am considering purchasing some of their 5.5" figures. I just found it funny how you said Mattel don't respect their customers etc then supporting Super 7.
    Pointing out the fact they screwed fans isn't speaking for the community, there are numerous posts from other members on how the items were not what was shown when they pre-ordered them and the various QC issues. And I could be wrong on this but I am fairly certain of reading your own comments of getting figures with QC issues which you had to return for replacements. So regardless of how happy you are with your figures I don't think it's right to try and say Super 7 are any better than Mattel or try and dismiss and ignore issues lots of customers had with their figures. Much like some people are Mattel apologists and refuse to admit the various issues with MOTUC and Thundercats etc.
    I said Mattel Management Doesn't respect it's customers and they have proven that many times. They are not here to please us the paying customer they are there to please the shareholders.

I honestly feel Brian Flynn is trying to please his customers. Yes there have been Quality control issues at their factory but with each new wave its been less and less and they have been improving on the product. Yes I got a couple of figures with stuck joints but that was a factory issue and Super7 customer service was more than happy to exchange them for Brand New figures that had no QC issues which why I can say I'm happy with my purchases. I will continue to Support Super7 With Thundercats Classics and Conan Movie figures.

I said Mattel Management Doesn't respect it's customers and they have proven that many times. They are not here to please us the paying customer they are there to please the shareholders.

I honestly feel Brian Flynn is trying to please his customers. Yes there have been Quality control issues at their factory but with each new wave its been less and less and they have been improving on the product. Yes I got a couple of figures with stuck joints but that was a factory issue and Super7 customer service was more than happy to exchange them for Brand New figures that had no QC issues which why I can say I'm happy with my purchases. I will continue to Support Super7 With Thundercats Classics and Conan Movie figures.
    Most companies have done things to anger and disrespect fans depending on the fans point of view.
    QC issues are unavoidable with most companies. As annoying as QC issues are they are not as annoying as bad engineering/design choices. Something a lot of the MOTUC figures I owned had. At least most QC issue items can be changed, bed designs cannot.
    The only company I have ever had a lot of QC issues with was NECA and to a lesser extent Mattel's WWE figures which were very minor compared to NECA.

Agree.

Brian and Super7 seems honest when devoting to toys such as MOTU so I have no issue with them, actually I'm thankful to them as I'm thankful to Mattel. I'm really happy as a kid before and now as an adult with these toys.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Now THAT is funny! I've seen slight changes from Prototype to Final but those figures only shared the name with their prototype. Premium prices for lackluster quality. I am pretty glad that Mattel has taken this property away from S7. Oh, and don't forget how fans were mocked by Brian's comments of "durpy eyes". So yes, EVERY fan was screwed over with that laughing comment, IMO...

Heroic Warrior
    I also have not been screwed over by Super7. I enjoy all the products I have received and will continue to receive. As far as pricing far from a premium I even buy from BBTS at the extra cost for the customer service. As for Mattel I will just sit back and avoid all products from them and wait for bankruptcy or a Hasbro takeover.