Thread: Marketing Flyer for The New Adventures of He-Man!

Marketing Flyer for The New Adventures of He-Man!

I saw Jukka post about this. Thought some folks on here might be interested.

Collector Robert Maxwell Barbieri has uncovered an interesting marketing packet from the New Adventures of He-Man series. The booklet includes ratings for He-Man and competing animated programs, as well as an early look for the "New Adventures" He-Man that gives He-Man a rather rougher appearance than was used in the actual series.

Interestingly, this design was created by Mark Taylor, who also designed the look of the original He-Man.

Click here to see all the images at the Bobby's Toy Chest Facebook page.

Last edited by Tallstar; September 14, 2019 at 07:50am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I like the bigger NA He-Man. Looking at those ratings and considering there were no new episodes in the Fall 85 season, they really should have done more seasons of Filmation He-Man even if they cut back from 65 to 30 episodes a season. I think that helped lead to the death of the line. The original line probably could have lasted another couple years before bottoming out.

What about the 2 hours movie (or 5-part Mini serie)???

It is something special we never got on screen or just the First 5 compiled episodes (As She-Ra) that we already know???

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    What about the 2 hours movie (or 5-part Mini serie)???

It is something special we never got on screen or just the First 5 compiled episodes (As She-Ra) that we already know???
    I am pretty sure it's the first 5 episodes combined.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Master of New Adventures!
    For the record, Mattel instructed me to write the first five episodes of NA as a mini-series so it could be test marketed. When I completed it and production was wrapped, all five episodes were linked together and aired as a movie at the MGM Theater in Culver City, CA, with a live-action He-man dunking it out on stage before the movie in front of over a thousand shrieking kids. It was certainly one of the high points of my career up until then.

A week later we got the phone call from Mattel that we were greenlit for 65 episodes, of which I think I wrote around 35 or 37 episodes.

It was, however, my idea to also end the sixty-five episodes by reprising a five-part mini-series. Imho, I think both worked pretty well. As I stated in the Masterscast podcast linked below, my thought was to have the experience on Primus wrapped up so He-man, Skeletor and some of the Mutants and characters -- especially Crita -- to return Eternia to find the landscape vastly changed, with fresh challenges awaiting.

http://masterscast.com/2007/01/28/ma...st-episode-25/

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    For the record, Mattel instructed me to write the first five episodes of NA as a mini-series so it could be test marketed. When I completed it and production was wrapped, all five episodes were linked together and aired as a movie at the MGM Theater in Culver City, CA, with a live-action He-man dunking it out on stage before the movie in front of over a thousand shrieking kids. It was certainly one of the high points of my career up until then.

A week later we got the phone call from Mattel that we were greenlit for 65 episodes, of which I think I wrote around 35 or 37 episodes.

It was, however, my idea to also end the sixty-five episodes by reprising a five-part mini-series. Imho, I think both worked pretty well. As I stated in the Masterscast podcast linked below, my thought was to have the experience on Primus wrapped up so He-man, Skeletor and some of the Mutants and characters -- especially Crita -- to return Eternia to find the landscape vastly changed, with fresh challenges awaiting.

http://masterscast.com/2007/01/28/ma...st-episode-25/
    Awesome, thanks for the details Jack.

What about the He-Man illustrations shown with its pant torn? Why its design changed?

Master of New Adventures!
    Sorry, but I was not involved in the art or voice elements of NA -- which, fortuitously, lets me off the hook for Skeletor's eyes and the scientists' voices . I was only involved with the writing. So I can't give you a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the details Jack.

What about the He-Man illustrations shown with its pant torn? Why its design changed?

Mark Taylor's NA He-Man concept art for comparison:

Vytor - the starfire champion!!! I loved that mini series! I wish it had become a real show and toy line.