Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 2019 Power-Con MOTU Origins Reveals

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,942

    2019 Power-Con MOTU Origins Reveals

    So taking into account the most recent Power-Con reveals, here's the full MOTU Origins lineup so far:

    • He-Man
    • Skeletor
    • Battle Cat (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Teela
    • Beast Man
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Trap Jaw (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Sky Sled (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Prince Adam (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Scare Glow (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Orko (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Man-E-Faces (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • He-Man (SDCC minicomic version)
    • Prince Adam (SDCC minicomic version)


    Info from Toyark.
    Info from Toy News International.

    What are you looking forward to most?










  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior aca1raven2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    173
    One of Mattel's MOTU lines being available at retail is what I'm looking forward to. Thanks Megablocks

    Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    So taking into account the most recent Power-Con reveals, here's the full MOTU Origins lineup so far:

    • He-Man
    • Skeletor
    • Battle Cat (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Teela
    • Beast Man
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Trap Jaw (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Sky Sled (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Prince Adam (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Scare Glow (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Orko (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • Man-E-Faces (newly announced at Power-Con)
    • He-Man (SDCC minicomic version)
    • Prince Adam (SDCC minicomic version)



    Toyark:

    https://news.toyark.com/2019/08/17/p...nd-more-360266

    Toy News International:

    https://toynewsi.com/13-34231



    What are you looking forward to most?
    I'm all in on this line

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

    Abstract the Perspective

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,181
    I am really excited about this toyline.
    A proper new MOTU toyline available at retail.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,967
    Can't wait for the line in general. I think they look beyond cool, and I genuinely think what Mattel have come up with, design-wise, is quite ingenious. Not saying I'll get them all (I almost certainly won't), but just having a new MOTU line at retail is enough. I really hope it takes off. Its pretty much what I've wanted for a decade or more. Then with the movie a few months after these hit, plus Revelations......MOTU could be in for a serious revival. Great time to be a He-Man fan, IMO.

  6. #6
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Can't wait for the line in general. I think they look beyond cool, and I genuinely think what Mattel have come up with, design-wise, is quite ingenious. Not saying I'll get them all (I almost certainly won't), but just having a new MOTU line at retail is enough. I really hope it takes off. Its pretty much what I've wanted for a decade or more. Then with the movie a few months after these hit, plus Revelations......MOTU could be in for a serious revival. Great time to be a He-Man fan, IMO.
    I 100% agree with everything you just said. I am beyond stoked that MOTU will be back at retail. Out of these, Iím most excited for Scare Glow since I do not own the vintage version. AND I want that mini comic Heman and Adam! Iím kinda bummed that the Sky Sled comes with a Prince Adam, it should have been a palace guard so I could army build. Iím wondering if I should not buy the Sky Sled and hold out for the Battle Ram.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,914
    Excited about everything for Origins ... except the wait!

    Would love to see a mini-comics Trap-Jaw in the Origins line!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior AllenJ1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Claxton, Georgia
    Posts
    221
    I love that Battle Cat. I remember wishing we had a Battle Cat and Panthor that wasn't basically just a statue when I was a kid.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    I love that Battle Cat. I remember wishing we had a Battle Cat and Panthor that wasn't basically just a statue when I was a kid.
    Same. I loved my Panthor but I really wished he was movable.

  10. #10
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7
    Question to those who have these figures in hand: Do the heads pop off easily for these figures? I was thinking of bashing together an Origins Skeletor to tide me over until next year. =D

  11. #11
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy616 View Post
    Question to those who have these figures in hand: Do the heads pop off easily for these figures? I was thinking of bashing together an Origins Skeletor to tide me over until next year. =D
    Yeah, I have the SDCC set and the heads swap very easily. The hands, too. http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2019/09/action-figure-review-he-man-and-prince.html

    The quality is really nice on these. Really, the only thing I don't like about them is the hair color (it just seems too bright and "plastic" looking) and the limited elbow motion.

    I'm very curious to see how Mattel handles characters with built in features later in the line, or if we even get those characters. Is the Horde even on the table? I'm curious to find out.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •