Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your famous Ancestor, or Family.

Your famous Ancestor, or Family.

I've been digging a lot of my history lately and I'm proud to say that I'm related to 3 Sultans in Malaysia, the head of the family was a descendant of the Vizier of Pahang that moved to Johor, and the same vizier started the current dynasty in Johor Sultanate. but from my mother's father's side, I'm a Bugis man, both of my mother and father have a Bugis ancestry. To make an embarrassment that my father are a cousin of the previous Prime Minister in this country. I was also reading my first forum thread that a lot of commoners are descendant of great kings and presidents. I believe I have like 25% Chinese 25% Malay and 50% of Arabic ancestry, my sister looks like a Arabian princess due for her light skins.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I remember stories of a of my mother's mother was a run away who ran into a antique shop where an old man in his 80s lived who owned the place and had a one Night Stand with witch produced her and her brother he was a retired college football star who retired early because of a groin injury.

I do not know of any celebrities in my family tree, but my Mom used to be married to Emeril's cousin. Apparently it was part of his family he did not speak to. We used to joke with my step Dad (who was only my step Dad for like a year) that he should have a catch phrase while cooking like his famous cousin :P
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I can't remember the exact statistics, but my grandpa on my mom's side is related to the Younger Brothers, the team that rode with Jesse James. One of them looks pretty close to my grandpa, actually!

Heroic Warrior
    According to my mom and aunt, I have alot of em, according to me I'm owed some some money then.

Master of New Adventures!
    My family has roots in Russia. My ancestors were likely Cossacks and pillagers, although my grandfather was an acclaimed poet in Russia. He probably wrote poems about pillaging, based on his cousins' activities.

Kim's uncle, on the other hand, is former Notre Dame Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Lujack.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 8, 2019 at 02:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    My family has roots in Russia. My ancestors were likely Cossacks and pillagers, although my grandfather was an acclaimed poet in Russia. He probably wrote poems about pillaging, based on his cousins' activities.

Kim's uncle, on the other hand, is former Notre Dame Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Lujack.
    Damn Jack, He's still alive and really well. I'm impressed with someone who live in the 90's and still doing it.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I was half expecting that last line to read

Kim's married to Jack Olesker, famouse for writing stuff many of may have seen such as Power Rangers, New Adventures of He-man.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

My mother and Channing Tatum are second cousins. I met him once when were both extremely young but I have no recollection of it.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    My mother and Channing Tatum are second cousins. I met him once when were both extremely young but I have no recollection of it.
    Love him! I just recently re-watched the Step Up series. Man the fifth one is TERRIBLE! I had never seen that one before.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    -
    -

Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Same, the former Minister of Defense and former Prime Minister a person who I don't have any recollection meeting socially since I was very young and they were close to each other. Guess time changed.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I don't know that I have any relatives who would be considered really famous, but I've got several I'm very proud to be descended from/related to:

My 7th Great-Grandfather, Ruprecht Kalcher, was superintendent of the first orphanage in Georgia, which was conceived by my 8th-great uncle (by marriage), Johann Martin Boltzius, and built in the Ebenezer community. This was prior to the more famous Bethesda Orphanage in Savannah, founded by George Whitefield.

My 1st cousin 5x removed, Nancy Kicklighter Hendricks, her husband - and my 5th great-uncle - Glenn Francis Hendricks, and their son William Remer Hendricks, founded my home town of Claxton, Georgia.

Another 1st cousin 6x removed, Marshall Alexander Smith, helped to found the town of Hagan in my county, which he named after his wife, Susannah Hagan.

Benjamin Berrien Brewton (1st cousin 6x removed) helped to found yet another town in my county, Bellville.

My 2nd cousin 5x removed, John Carter Brewton, co-founded Brewton-Parker College here in Georgia.

Heroic Warrior
    Provided my research is accurate. I am descended from. ..
    Robert the Bruce
    The historical MacBeth
    Longshanks
    John Lackland
    A number of Magna Carta signatories
    Alfred the Great
    Charlemagne
    And Pocohontas

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Not really related, and now due to divorces I’m not connected at all.

Timothy Treadwell - the guy who made the news in the early 2000’s for getting him and his girlfriend killed by bears while living with them. Through my uncle’s marriage I was connected to the girlfriend’s family.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

My father likes to say we're related to Johann Joachim Winckelmann, father of modern archaeology and art history, but I seriously doubt there's any truth to that claim, lol.

As for real relatives, my paternal great great grandfather and his brother came to Venezuela from Germany, they had an iron workshop called "Winkelmann Hermanos" and they made some important works for the city by the end of the 19th century: among other things, they built the stairs and other metal work for the municipal theater and were in charge of raising the pillar on Plaza Bolivar (the one in the picture linked below) after it was brought from Italy... this monument still exists, but sadly it was vandalized last year and some of the metal work was stolen.

One of the most interesting things my relatives did was making the very first steam engine ever built in Venezuela.

I wouldn't call them famous, because nobody knows them even in their own city, but they made a small contribution in modernizing what was then a rural country and they are named on some local history books.

Here's the pillar with a statue of Bolivar my great great grandfather and his brother installed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:P...e_Valencia.jpg
    My website (currently under construction)

According to my mom, we're distantly related to a minor German noble family. Possibly also related on my dad's side to a US president and a past director of the FBI, but also distantly.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

there's two I can recall a sigher of the declaration of independence as well as commodore matthew perry.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Awwwwwww...

Fyi, Kim is a United Way President & CEO. She has plenty of well-deserved fame in her own right.

https://valpo.life/article/a-valpo-l...t-kim-olesker/

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I was half expecting that last line to read

Kim's married to Jack Olesker, famouse for writing stuff many of may have seen such as Power Rangers, New Adventures of He-man.
    - - - Updated - - -

Why is it that no one ever just descended from a village baker or a blacksmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Provided my research is accurate. I am descended from. ..
    Robert the Bruce
    The historical MacBeth
    Longshanks
    John Lackland
    A number of Magna Carta signatories
    Alfred the Great
    Charlemagne
    And Pocohontas

Awwwwwww...

Fyi, Kim is a United Way President & CEO. She has plenty of well-deserved fame in her own right.

Well you both are pretty much famous and successful too, imagine the kids having so much new technology and toys during the first year of the product.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, generally some of the offspring just going out of favor to be honest. Look at me, a highly descendant of the vizier and royalty and also cousin few removes that also a powerful political figure doesn't make my family move towards a high class living in fact to be honest as a kid I despise rich folks with their "Hampton" like attitude. I don't know, I was raised being a humble family that fill me with love and trust doesn't care enough on social rank, just prefer to live simple life like how my uncle and my auntie raised me.

Told my mom if we still stayed at the country side I wouldn't mind being a blacksmith or just a small time shop owner.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Well, imo, fame/glory is over-rated.

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.” General George S. Patton

I'll take bringing a smile to a child's face any day, and Kim favors helping people. The knowledge that one can do and does that is true and lasting 'success', imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Well you both are pretty much famous and successful too, imagine the kids having so much new technology and toys during the first year of the product.

I mean, generally some of the offspring just going out of favor to be honest. Look at me, a highly descendant of the vizier and royalty and also cousin few removes that also a powerful political figure doesn't make my family move towards a high class living in fact to be honest as a kid I despise rich folks with their "Hampton" like attitude. I don't know, I was raised being a humble family that fill me with love and trust doesn't care enough on social rank, just prefer to live simple life like how my uncle and my auntie raised me.

Told my mom if we still stayed at the country side I wouldn't mind being a blacksmith or just a small time shop owner.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 20, 2019 at 09:57pm.

Awwwwwww...

- - - Updated - - -

You just linked that article because of the plug in it for yourself.

Nice to hear you and your better half doing some work to help the community around you. I chair a group at my local church to provide food, holiday meals, school supplies, etc... Helping the oppressed and marginalized is about as good as it gets.

Edit: I don’t help because I am better. I just help because I have been blessed and the right thing to do is use that position to pass along love and kindness.
    Last edited by Midwinter; October 20, 2019 at 06:01pm.

Well, imo, fame/glory is over-rated.

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.” General George S. Patton

I'll take bringing a smile to a child's face any day, and Kim favors helping people. The knowledge that one can and does that is true and lasting 'success', imo.
    Yeah, I don't get about getting fame and attention other than fortune. I was born with Asperger and weirdly enough I had a good childhood life, balancing between the richness fortune of neighbor's life and the middle class of my village neighbors. For me that's more than enough instead fighting for fame. gonna make it short: I was a loud introvert person on my teen years.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Well, actually it was Kim who plugged me at the end of that article, which I thought was quite nice. But to make you happy, here's an article about her ascendancy to her position five years ago, with no mention of me.

I did, however, serve as her silent campaign manager and consiglieri during her long road to the presidency. Decades of surviving and thriving amidst the blood wars in the entertainment industry in L.A. made me well-equipped to assist her...although she won the position on her own merit and is respected by the community and by the statewide and national politicians and business leaders as well as by the northwest Indiana residents she serves because of her dedication and skills. I'm awfully proud of her and she's an amazing role model for our children.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...207-story.html

And for the great work you do, Midwinter, I was thinking of saying "God bless you", but He already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    You just linked that article because of the plug in it for yourself.

Nice to hear you and your better half doing some work to help the community around you. I chair a group at my local church to provide food, holiday meals, school supplies, etc... Helping the oppressed and marginalized is about as good as it gets.

Edit: I don’t help because I am better. I just help because I have been blessed and the right thing to do is use that position to pass along love and kindness.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 20, 2019 at 10:09pm.

I put the winky face in the original post. I know you didn’t post that link for your own praise. I was joking. It is a great thing to have an amazing wife and one that can be a role model for your kids and the community around you!

Well, actually it was Kim who plugged me at the end of that article, which I thought was quite nice. But to make you happy, here's an article about her ascendancy to her position five years ago, with no mention of me.

I did, however, serve as her silent campaign manager and consiglieri during her long road to the presidency. Decades of surviving and thriving amidst the blood wars in the entertainment industry in L.A. made me well-equipped to assist her...although she won the position on her own merit and is respected by the community and by the statewide and national politicians and business leaders as well as by the northwest Indiana residents she serves because of her dedication and skills. I'm awfully proud of her and she's an amazing role model for our children.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...207-story.html