Thread: Rocketman (2019)

Rocketman (2019)

A must see movie!
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; January 2, 2020 at 12:33am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

It's an honour for Egerton to play the role of Sir Elton John in that movie.
    Both John and Egerton had starred together in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
    Back in 2016 Egerton sang I'm Still Standing while playing the role of Johnny the Gorilla in Sing.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

My favorite movie of the year 2019!

A magnificent and spectacular rock musical fantasy biography tribute to the legendary talented Sir Elton John!

spectacular jaw dropping visuals especially the part where Elton imagines everyone is floating up in the air even himself in slow motion as he plays Crocodile Rock on the piano, such an aw inspiring visual scene.

Brilliant performances even Taron Egerton who embodied Elton's mannerisms, charisma and personality on the screen and really showed it even him actually singing, it was great casting. The cast is also terrific too even Richard Madden as Elton's manager/former lover John Reid, Jamie Bell as Bernie Taupin, Bryce Dallas Howard as Elton's mother and more.

Great cinematography and editing as well, a fantastic score as well even music of Elton John used in sequences done practically well.

I love how this movie tells the rise and fall of Elton of how he became a star then went downhill with drugs and alcohol addiction and overcame it later on.

Elton was even the executive producer of this one as he was a consultant too to have some creative liberties to his story to make it unique. Dexter Fletcher's direction is outstanding too.

This was everything Bohemian Rhapsody should had been as that one went watered down where this is rated R, uncut and raw. This is one of those movies that makes me fall in love with cinema all over again, it just lifts my spirits and mind.

A must see if you like Elton's music or who likes music and movies even me who likes both music and movies even enjoyed some of Elton's music.

My rating for the movie: 5 out of 5 stars.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.