Thread: JJ ABRAMS HUGE DC DEAL - Superman? Green Lantern? yes or no?

JJ ABRAMS HUGE DC DEAL - Superman? Green Lantern? yes or no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZUQ-pJZjE

i hope for a MOS 2, poor Henry, he needs a GOOD script and Director. i like Abrams and would like to see him direct MOS 2. I want DC back so bad.

I was not a fan of the Aqua-man movie and don't mind if they re-boot and replace Jason Momoa. i like Gal as WW though

thoughts?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Not a fan of his Star Wars or Star Trek movies. After what Snyder did to DC Abrams' movies could be better...but hopefully he is only directing because he is a terrible writer.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

i hope for a MOS 2, poor Henry, he needs a GOOD script and Director. i like Abrams and would like to see him direct MOS 2. I want DC back so bad.

I was not a fan of the Aqua-man movie and don't mind if they re-boot and replace Jason Momoa. i like Gal as WW though

thoughts?
    Jason Mamoa should stay in the DCEU he'd be PERFECT as Lobo..that's who he thought the Aquaman part was....

Keep : Gal/Henry

Replace : Ezra Miller/Affleck (Even though he wasn't bad at times)

Cast: Green Lantern/Martian Manhunter then we can get a TRUE JLA

AND why is it DC TV gets it more than their movie division does?
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 18, 2019 at 04:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Jason Mamoa should stay in the DCEU he'd be PERFECT as Lobo..that's who he thought the Aquaman part was....

Keep : Gal/Henry

Replace : Ezra Miller/Affleck (Even though he wasn't bad at times)

Cast: Green Lantern/Martian Manhunter then we can get a TRUE JLA

AND why is it DC TV gets it more than their movie division does?
    And cast Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    And cast Hawkgirl.
    Later I want the ORIGINAL seven members for JLA

1.Superman
    2.Batman
    3.Flash
    4.Wonder Woman
    5.Green Lantern
    6.Martian Manhunter
    7.Aquaman

That's the only thing about the JLU cartoon that I didn't like they changed up the 7 members..

I hope they don't recast really.

Gal is great as Wonder Woman
    Henry Cavill can be great if they wrote the character right.
    Momoa, I don't think it was just him I think they were trying to make Aquaman more edgy because of the last few decades.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I hope they don't recast really.

Gal is great as Wonder Woman
    Henry Cavill can be great if they wrote the character right.
    Momoa, I don't think it was just him I think they were trying to make Aquaman more edgy because of the last few decades.
    Ezra Miller was NOT Flash he wasn't even close and he thought he did a good job....

He not Barry Allen and never will be besides he wanted more control of this character and hopefully DC/Warner says no...Grant Gustin IS Barry Allen....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Ezra Miller was NOT Flash he wasn't even close and he thought he did a good job....

He not Barry Allen and never will be besides he wanted more control of this character and hopefully DC/Warner says no...Grant Gustin IS Barry Allen....
    I haven't seen the justice league films just the stand alones. So I can't comment on his being Flash.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

No need to recast... Just a good story and execution.

Gal Gadot is PERFECT. Cavill is great, Mamoa is the Aquaman...Ezra Miller can pull a fun Flash with a heart... Work on that Green Lantern casting and it will be perfect. I know I'm in a minority but Affleck Batman is intimidating as what Batman should be.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

It'll be interesting to see where he takes things. Personally, I don't think a recast is as needed. Better writing will help because the actors were never the issue, as far as I'm concerned. As for Gal Gadot, she is today's Wonder Woman much like Linda Carter was the Wonder Woman of the 70's.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where he takes things. Personally, I don't think a recast is as needed. Better writing will help because the actors were never the issue, as far as I'm concerned. As for Gal Gadot, she is today's Wonder Woman much like Linda Carter was the Wonder Woman of the 70's.
    Agree...

This could be interesting. I actually quite liked Affleck as a version of Batman, the one they were actually aiming for. Miller I would like to see given a chance to come into his own as Barry; I do agree that GG is a better Flash overall. Gal and Jason are all sorts of fun, even if Aquaman is quite different from most portrayals. Henry needs his tie to soar; I hope he gets it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

How about a Jon Stewart Greeyn Lantern?
    I grew up with Hal as Lantern, but Jon is more interesting. It would make a better movie.

These movies don't have to be 100% special effects and interconnected. Hopefully what ever gets put on the screen wont feel like it's cranked out and disposable.
    I don't go to movies often, so it would be nice to watch one that doesn't think you've seen all the other ones.

=====
    Like already mentioned . . .good scripts would definitely be needed. Maybe some cinimatic flair to. . . imagine if Alfred Hitchcock made a super hero movie.
    Last edited by McHorde-Trooper; September 20, 2019 at 05:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by McHorde-Trooper View Post
    How about a Jon Stewart Greeyn Lantern?
    I grew up with Hal as Lantern, but Jon is more interesting. It would make a better movie.

These movies don't have to be 100% special effects and interconnected. Hopefully what ever gets put on the screen wont feel like it's cranked out and disposable.
    I don't go to movies often, so it would be nice to watch one that doesn't think you've seen all the other ones.

=====
    Like already mentioned . . .good scripts would definitely be needed. Maybe some cinimatic flair to. . . imagine if Alfred Hitchcock made a super hero movie.
    Green Lantern Corps movie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Green Lantern Corps movie!!!

A full Green Lantern Corps movie would be pretty cool instead of just focussing one main character.

Green Lantern Corps . . . I never found them interesting, but I can understand it would be a more original than the typical approach.

Speaking of the typical approach . . . hero movies often do an origin story. Honestly I don't think it's always a good place to start. A good example is Spider-Man (2002). I know that story I don't need to see it again.
    I like the brief flashback style origin story in Batman (1989).

Green Lantern Corps . . . I never found them interesting, but I can understand it would be a more original than the typical approach.

Speaking of the typical approach . . . hero movies often do an origin story. Honestly I don't think it's always a good place to start. A good example is Spider-Man (2002). I know that story I don't need to see it again.
    Yup,glimpse of hero origin works as fine and as well as showing it as significant portion of the film.

Personally, as long as it is told well, cinematic and well paced, I'm cool with that.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; September 23, 2019 at 09:13am.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

thoughts?
    I'm not sure the JJ Abrams deal is confirmed. I checked a few sites, but it sounds like it is just in the discussion phase right now or perhaps just a rumor. Anyway, WB seems to be doing pretty well without him. Aquaman made a ton of money and people responded favorably to Wonder Woman and Shazam. Joker has Oscar buzz and Birds of Prey looks quirky in a good way. Suicide Squad 2 with James Gunn is instant money. Wonder Woman 2 (1984) is another sure-win. Why waste money on Abrams? After making the correct call on dumping Zach Snyder, the DC films are doing great without having to be connected like the MCU.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

They could always use supplemental materials for the origins: Comics, Novels, and/or web series. Doesn't need to be in a film unless the hero is maybe C-Lister or lower. Batman, Superman, Spidey, and the Hulk everyone already knows. Adam Strange, Detective Chimp, Etrigan The Demon, The Swordsman, and Sunfire are lesser knowns and do need origins.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    They could always use supplemental materials for the origins: Comics, Novels, and/or web series. Doesn't need to be in a film unless the hero is maybe C-Lister or lower. Batman, Superman, Spidey, and the Hulk everyone already knows. Adam Strange, Detective Chimp, Etrigan The Demon, The Swordsman, and Sunfire are lesser knowns and do need origins.
    Nice points.
    As long as it is told and executed well, origins or flash backs or whatever.

They would definitely need to recast Ezra Miller. How the heck can you cast someone who can’t even run to be Flash of all characters? Have you seen that clip of Ezra Miller as Flash running through the streets? What kind of running was that? I face palmed in the theatre when I saw it. He looked like he was about to trip over his own feet at any moment? How the heck could that have been the best take? Imagine how bad the running was that was left on the cutting room floor.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vR64m_pWdqc

i just want MOS 2 . Henry deserves another movie.. ALONE. its been 6 yrs now and henry is not getting any younger. we should of had a MOS trilogy by now. lets get it moving DC .. ugh

and for crying out loud. make him use a cape for most of the film if possible. the cgi cape in MOS looked ridiculous fake. i loved what nolan did with his batman films
    Last edited by carlo; October 1, 2019 at 03:30pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

the Superman franchise needs a reboot. The entire DCEU is going after a soft reboot. Things that worked are still there what not? well... put to pasture (Batfleck, Leto, Lex Esinberg, Steppenwolf)
    I see no Justice League 2 plans anytime soon, Cavill is the face of the Snyder-verse era, I mean he's ben too much associated to that poorly received trilogy just like Ben Affleck and sincerely he's already moving on with other projects.
    Not sure also Ezra Miller as the right choice for the Flash too, I have my concerns because that's a DC character so important that needs to be done right and if success, will launch another cinematic universe just like with Momoa's Aquaman.
    Not sure for a WW3 also after 84, I mean Gadot after that already has been part of a trilogy with WW 2017 being first, then 84 leading to the facts of Justice League. I think Tim Burton did great stopping after 2 movies, so Patty Jenkins maybe will feel complete.

I predict a new Justice League with millenials, lead by Battinson, with recast for all the major roles.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Cavill, Affleck, Mamoa, Miller and especially Gal Gadot brings these characters to life and as I can observed their worked hard to ensure to bring something to the characters they played.

Casting is not the problem, they are awesome actors.... the problem is the story itself and storytelling execution.. plus maybe the unnecessary intervention of WBs higher up.

Just learn to WW, Aquaman and Shazam movies, which should be the foundations DC should build on moving forward.