Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super7 ReAction He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor two packs

Super7 ReAction He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor two packs

Preorders for previously unannounced Super7 ReAction He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor Sets are up at Big Bad Toy Store, although no pictures are provided yet:

He-Man & Battle Cat

Skeletor & Panthor

Awesome! Where did these get announced?

This is awesome! Just happened to see them on Bigbadtoystore while searching for 5.5 figures.
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Awesome! Where did these get announced?
    I saw someone post about it on Twitter. I don't think they've been officially announced though.

Heroic Warrior
    It will probably be like the Vintage Taun-taun from ESB. There will be a trap door we’re you would put the figures legs.

ReAction Master
    Assuming theyíll be Tauntaun-gineered, itíll be interesting to see how they resolve the leg illusion.

Furry chap-covered legs were sculpted as part of the Tauntaunís saddle. When the figureís legs disappear into the flap, the saddleís replacement legs create the illusion that the character has instead mounted the beast. The chaps themselves are designed in such a way that they could double for just about any figureís legs.

Battle Catís saddle is much more iconic than the Tauntaunís, so a redesign will be immediately noticed.

They could sculpt He-Manís legs onto the saddle, but that would mean only He-Man could convincingly ride Battle Cat and thatís a deal-breaker for me.

They could re-engineer He-Man into a riding pose, again defeating the purpose of a ReAction Battle Cat.

Iím optimistic because ó and Iím dead serious about this ó my life is incomplete till Marty McFly rides a Battle Cat.

(Boba Fett gets Panthor.)

Heroic Warrior
    They could conceivably sculpt He-Man’s legs on all in red unpainted. Either as part of the saddle or an attachment piece. This would at least match most heroes. A separate piece allows Battlecat to at least be displayed riderless.

A big risk of almost any method beyond the Playmobile route (a figure simply with legs bent like a car driver) or a bow legged He-Man included would be that Battlecat has no display value riderless.

ReAction Master
    They gotta flock Panthor, right?

Flocked or we flip!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Assuming they’ll be Tauntaun-gineered, it’ll be interesting to see how they resolve the leg illusion.

Furry chap-covered legs were sculpted as part of the Tauntaun’s saddle. When the figure’s legs disappear into the flap, the saddle’s replacement legs create the illusion that the character has instead mounted the beast. The chaps themselves are designed in such a way that they could double for just about any figure’s legs.

Battle Cat’s saddle is much more iconic than the Tauntaun’s, so a redesign will be immediately noticed.

They could sculpt He-Man’s legs onto the saddle, but that would mean only He-Man could convincingly ride Battle Cat and that’s a deal-breaker for me.

They could re-engineer He-Man into a riding pose, again defeating the purpose of a ReAction Battle Cat.

I’m optimistic because — and I’m dead serious about this — my life is incomplete till Marty McFly rides a Battle Cat.
    I assumed they'd go the Tauntaun route with scrupled legs on the side of the saddle/cat buck. But you make a great point about this meaning only He-Man and Skeletor could ride Battle Cat and Panthor. This doesn't bother me too much as I'd likely only put He-Man and Skeletor on them, but what I'm more likely to do is want to display them with no figure ridding the cat and if the legs are sculpted on I wont be able to do this. New He-Man and Skeletor figures with legs in a fixed position to probably straddle the cats would probably be the best option.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I assumed they'd go the Tauntaun route with scrupled legs on the side of the saddle/cat buck. But you make a great point about this meaning only He-Man and Skeletor could ride Battle Cat and Panthor. This doesn't bother me too much as I'd likely only put He-Man and Skeletor on them, but what I'm more likely to do is want to display them with no figure ridding the cat and if the legs are sculpted on I wont be able to do this. New He-Man and Skeletor figures with legs in a fixed position to probably straddle the cats would probably be the best option.
    They could theoretically have separate rubber leg pieces. At least then you could swap them or opt to just have Marty McFly impaling Battlecat through the saddle.

Heroic Warrior
    They're not supposed to be announced to the public yet, they jumped the gun. I believe they are getting unveiled at NYCC, but they sent out pics to retailers last week so maybe it will be sooner.

ReAction Master
    I didn’t notice that the Tauntaun’s saddle had fake legs till I was grown. I am cool to just jam a figure in Battle Cat’s back — no questions asked.

Which option do you think is best?:

1. Tauntaun-style engineering. Saddle is subtly redesigned to suggest but obscure the rider’s legs so that any figure may ride.
    Drawback: Not identical to vintage saddle.

2. Tauntaun-style engineering. Saddle is designed to look like the vintage saddle. He-Man’s legs are sculpted into the saddle piece to create the illusion that the figure is riding. If these legs remain unpainted, another character with similar leg design (Man-At-Arms, Faker, etc) may ride.
    Drawback: Characters with different leg designs — Teela, for example — would look silly.

3. Tauntaun-style engineering. Saddle is designed to look like the vintage saddle. No leg illusion. Any character may ride.
    Drawback: We aren’t even trying to pretend that a character isn’t riding inside this poor beast.

4. No Tauntaun-style engineering. Battle Cat looks like vintage Battle Cat, but with Kenner-level articulation. Accessory figures are engineered specifically to ride.
    Drawback: Not compatible with existing ReAction figures.

Can you think of any options I’ve left out?

Honestly, I might get BC no matter how he turns out. I don’t know. But #1 is my ideal. I’d prefer #3 over #2, but if #2’s fake legs are painted, it’s just about worthless to me. If he’s good in his own right, #4 is a maybe.

ReAction Battle Cat has been at the top of my want list for a while. In about a week, we’ll know if I got my wish.

Oh — I thought of a #5!
    A Speeder Bike-style T-bar on top of the saddle. Inelegant, but better than #2 or 4 if you ask me!
    Last edited by Shaun Flaherty; September 29, 2019 at 02:34pm.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I think the question we should be asking is whether or not they'll have slit rubber stomachs to stuff figures into.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

ReAction Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    I think the question we should be asking is whether or not they'll have slit rubber stomachs to stuff figures into.
    That’s dark, man. I dig it, but it’s dark.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I like the T-Bar idea! I never thought of that.

I bet we are getting He-Man and Skeletor that are posed like Mego Comic Action Heroes to ride them.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Warrior
    I just don’t want He-man and Skeletor with their legs spread out it looks like they have saddle sores.

Has Super7 not shown anything at NYCC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Has Super7 not shown anything at NYCC yet?
    Someone focused on the turtles on YouTube .I'd have to say yes..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    ďYou don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.Ē George Benard Shaw.

ReAction Master
    It’s still early. I bet they’re waiting for tomorrow.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really shocked no one has leaked them yet after they emailed out the images for ordering. I hope they hurry, I want to be able to talk about them!

ReAction Master
    Wait — so you know? You’ve seen them?!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Wait — so you know? You’ve seen them?!
    I've seen the images that came in my solicitation from Super 7. But given we aren't supposed to show the images, I think it's safe to assume they wouldn't want any retailers saying anything about what they look like either. Bryan told me at Toy Fair they planned to have them ready to reveal during NYCC, and now they are already taking orders, so I'm pretty surprised they haven't shown them yet. Hopefully they will before the weekend is out.

ReAction Master
    Can somebody just show me Battle Cat, please?