Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Super7 ReAction He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor two packs

Just ordered my set along with the green Beast Man because, let's be honest, he's really Moss Man!

I really am surprised that Mattel seems to be cutting Super7 off from everything. While it seems that Mattel has big plans for MOTU (Origins, probably cartoon and movie based lines, and the ever expanding Mega Construx line), other than the neo-vintage figures I really don't see most of Super7's stuff truly competing with Mattel's offerings. I'm actually worried that this might backfire a bit. While MOTUC was incredible and went extremely deep, Super7's offerings seem to have picked up a different segment of MOTU fandom. They capitalized off of a different market and captured the attention (and dollars) of folks brought in by recent attention from The Toys That Made Us and the She-Ra revival. With Super7 ending and Mattel not having anything (other than MOTWWEU) for 10 months, it does seem likely that some of that fanbase could be lost. Hopefully the Netflix shows provide the boost needed to make Mattel's lines successful later next year.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Man I need that Chopper. Hope i chance upon it and the rest of the 2018 Power Con exclusives eventually.

Nice haul.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I’d buy them

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    I'm kinda looking forward to not having any MotU stuff to buy for at least ten months.
    This was almost exactly what I was going to post. I love MOTU, but my wallet hasn't had a break for...what is it...11+ years?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Just ordered my set along with the green Beast Man because, let's be honest, he's really Moss Man!

I really am surprised that Mattel seems to be cutting Super7 off from everything. While it seems that Mattel has big plans for MOTU (Origins, probably cartoon and movie based lines, and the ever expanding Mega Construx line), other than the neo-vintage figures I really don't see most of Super7's stuff truly competing with Mattel's offerings. I'm actually worried that this might backfire a bit. While MOTUC was incredible and went extremely deep, Super7's offerings seem to have picked up a different segment of MOTU fandom. They capitalized off of a different market and captured the attention (and dollars) of folks brought in by recent attention from The Toys That Made Us and the She-Ra revival. With Super7 ending and Mattel not having anything (other than MOTWWEU) for 10 months, it does seem likely that some of that fanbase could be lost. Hopefully the Netflix shows provide the boost needed to make Mattel's lines successful later next year.
    Agree 100%

Love or hate S7, they did bring a lot of momentum to MOTU. I really hope that Mattel does allow S7 to make more ReAction again in the future because they are a fun relatively easy collection to get into and have the potential to go really deep like classics.

Widget
    Instead of the clear reaction figures they should done moss man, prince Adam, zodak, human skin Evilyn, and wundar. Damn, so mad.

ReAction Master
    It’s sad I’m unlikely to ever get a ReAction Roboto, but I look forward to what the future holds. It seems like Super7 plans to go hard on some of my other loves — Ninja Turtles and Transformers. Plus more Back To The Future!? I got my Battle Cat on the way. I’m so lucky.

For those of you interested, I’ve reformatted the ReAction Masters checklist to reflect the ones on the back of Battle Cat and Panthor. 95 different figures by my count. Wow.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm sad that this is the final set but S7 had a really good run of different and exciting products, I'm sure they will collaborate with Mattel again in the future. For now, it makes sense for Mattel to kind of bring everything back in house in time for a relaunch - if you owned MOTU, wouldn't you do the same? At least for the first year or so. It seems Mattel has really big plans for a MOTU comeback, the Origins toy line, 2 animated series, the minis, the movie, other products they have hinted at.

Also, I'm looking forward to buying MOTU product which is at a lower price-point and available at retail (so we've been told) Personally I am tired of buying from oversees and paying shipping and import charges.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Very disappointed to hear this is the last MOTU ReAction release, I was hoping we'd eventually complete the vintage MOTU figures in ReAction.
    Brian only said in a video at Power-Con, either from Pixel-Dan or Nerds on the Couch, that they we're in negations to renew this licence for even longer so something must have fallen through.
    This also means no standard vintage toy colour Hordak without the red ribs.
    I suspect they've also not been able to renew the MOTU licence for KESHI/MUSCLE which means we'll not get the Horde/POP wave in the MUSCLE flesh colour that we've been asking for ever since that wave was released

I'll definitely be getting the Battle Cat and Panthor packs though.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

It was Nerds on A Couch, but what was said by Brian was that they didn't lose the license, and in regards to MOTU Classics/Club Grayskull, he confirmed that they were no longer able to continue producing those at present time given the Origins line. What was stated by Brian was that they were currently in talks about when they might be able to resume, but there was no definitive timetable as to when that may happen.

Widget
    Got these in the mail today..the checklist on the backside is awesome! I thought I knew about all of them but German carded Anti-Eternia He-man was one I had missed!
    Also props to super 7 for getting this product out so fast .. I was actually expecting a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendfang View Post
    Got these in the mail today..the checklist on the backside is awesome! I thought I knew about all of them but German carded Anti-Eternia He-man was one I had missed!
    Also props to super 7 for getting this product out so fast .. I was actually expecting a delay.
    Could you post a picture of the checklist, please?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    ReAction hasn't been exclusive to Super 7 in the past, so I wonder if Mattel will continue any of these lines.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Super7 coproduced Reaction with Funko.

Funko sold the name but has continued making 4 inch figures although with less of a Kenner style and many are either closer to vintage G.I.Joe or modern Kenner figures. A decent chunk of Funko’s stuff has shifted to multipacks of main characters.

Mattel did recently reopen relations with Funko for a bunch of new Pops so maybe 4 inch figures could resume there. If so, they’d probably be modern retro Kenner 1:18 style figures. Same 5 points of articulation but more character model accurate sculpts.

In theory, Mezco could be another contender as they’re doing very animation model accurate 5 point of articulation figures (they look like animation model statues with Super Powers/ToyBiz/BTAS style articulation albeit at the smaller 1:18 scale) from various licensees and maybe Mattel would license a 1:12 cloth goods premium He-Man and Skeletor to them as well, which is a bit different from licensing a whole line.

Mezco doing MOTU as part of its 5 Points line would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Widget
    So what would everyone's final six had been, mine would have been
    1- leech
    2- horde trooper
    3- king Radnor
    4- man-e-faces
    5-webster
    6- king hiss

I think the last six I would have liked to have seen would have been:

Classic 80s Toy Style Catra
    Classic 80s Toy Style She-Ra
    Rokkon
    Sy-Klone
    Mosquitor
    Shokoti

And that's pretty much based off the fact that I would have loved to have had Jason Edmiston's art of these characters hanging on my wall- this is pretty much the only MOTU line I've kept and displayed MOC because I love the overall presentation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Super7 coproduced Reaction with Funko.

Funko sold the name but has continued making 4 inch figures although with less of a Kenner style and many are either closer to vintage G.I.Joe or modern Kenner figures. A decent chunk of FunkoÂ’s stuff has shifted to multipacks of main characters.

Mattel did recently reopen relations with Funko for a bunch of new Pops so maybe 4 inch figures could resume there. If so, theyÂ’d probably be modern retro Kenner 1:18 style figures. Same 5 points of articulation but more character model accurate sculpts.

In theory, Mezco could be another contender as theyÂ’re doing very animation model accurate 5 point of articulation figures (they look like animation model statues with Super Powers/ToyBiz/BTAS style articulation albeit at the smaller 1:18 scale) from various licensees and maybe Mattel would license a 1:12 cloth goods premium He-Man and Skeletor to them as well, which is a bit different from licensing a whole line.
    I thought that Super 7 create reaction and partnered with Funko because they couldn't keep up with the demand of producing the figures. Funko had the ability to mass produce the figures faster because they had a bigger operation. I recall Brian saying this at a panel a long time ago, correct me if I am wrong.

Heroic Warrior
    Both He-Man/Battlecat and Skeletor/Panthor I ordered shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Sooooo happy they didn’t!
    If they would have done it understated like Kenner did, I wouldn't have noticed....I've known those Tauntaun toys for the 4 decades since release, and only noticed the "leg implication" sculpt now, after Mark's post.

Widget
    I got mine and they are fantastic, kills me they finished the line a red clear version of battle cat as the crimson scourge would have been fantastic

Heroic Warrior
    I got both from Super7 last Thursday. I love them. They look great.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I got both from Super7 last Thursday. I love them. They look great.
    Congratulations

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I do like the old school way they did the saddles with the trap door. Reminds me of the old Kenner days with the Star Wars Dewback and Tauntaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post
    Man-E-Faces
    Buzz-Off
    Fisto
    Clawful
    Jitsu
    Webstor
    Whiplash
    Moss Man
    Roboto
    Sy-Klone
    Spikor
    Two-Bad
    Leech
    Horde Trooper
    Wun-Dar

Also:
    Stridor
    Night Stalker

And Battle Bones would have been awesome!

Oh, did you say six? Sorry
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post
    1- leech
    2- horde trooper
    3- king Radnor
    4- man-e-faces
    5-webster
    6- king hiss
    Leech
    Webstor
    Moss Man
    Spikor
    Buzz-Off
    King Randor
    Man-E-Faces
    Catra
    King Hsss
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor