Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super7 announces new ReAction MOTU figures for NY Comic-Con 2019

Super7 announces new ReAction MOTU figures for NY Comic-Con 2019

Click here to read the original article on Super7's blog.

Looks like they are saying they'll have Top Toys Modulok, regular Modulok, and Dark Grizzlor. I assume that means the "dark face" Grizzlor, although the one pictured looks like the more common brown one.

Last edited by Lich Leech; September 25, 2019 at 09:56pm.

I thought Mattel wasn't allowing Super7 to make any more MOTU stuff because of Origins...

Awesome. Hope Super 7 can make more of the 5.5" figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I thought Mattel wasn't allowing Super7 to make any more MOTU stuff because of Origins...
    These may have been approved prior to the license change. Then again, we've heard rumors that they are still allowing ReAction. No one really knows at this point.

Mattel is still allowing ReAction. Brian said this a while back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ReAction Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Mattel is still allowing ReAction. Brian said this a while back.

I think what he’s said is that he’s confident that they’ll be able to continue. Based on his comments at Power-Con, it doesn’t sound like a done deal, but it’s very promising.

There’s part of me that thinks — like Snake Mountain for Classics — Battle Cat and Panthor might be the grand finale.

Or maybe they’re saving Wave 6 for Toy Fair — who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I think what he’s said is that he’s confident that they’ll be able to continue. Based on his comments at Power-Con, it doesn’t sound like a done deal, but it’s very promising.

There’s part of me that thinks — like Snake Mountain for Classics — Battle Cat and Panthor might be the grand finale.

Or maybe they’re saving Wave 6 for Toy Fair — who knows?
    Brian was on the Roast Gooble podcast and said, "I can make all the ReAction figures I want."

ReAction Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Brian was on the Roast Gooble podcast and said, "I can make all the ReAction figures I want."

I feel like that was back in April. There was a SDCC or Power-Con interview that was posted to a Facebook group (that I can’t for the life of me find) where he was much more non-committal, but I just rewatched the Pixel Dan interviews and he’s much more confident. Maybe it was the way the interviewer was asking? Anyway...

I’d love for the line to continue! I need Roboto.

If I remember correctly Brian said in a video at Power-Con either from Pixel-Dan or Nerds on the Couch, that they could still do MOTU ReAction and are in fact in negations to renew this licence for even longer.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

ReAction Master
    Nerds on a Couch! That’s the one I couldn’t find — thank you! So, yeah, negotiations — not a done deal. That’s what I was trying to say.

I see all of Super7's prices jumped up by about 20%, so now the ReAction figures are $18 each. Getting close to $20 bucks for one of these guys is starting to get a little steep unless we get some new sculpts soon.

I did just order the NYCC figures, though, as they're currently in stock.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Has anyone got these from NYCC? Did you get the actual Dark Variant or did you get the one that is pictured?
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

ReAction Master
    Grizzlor’s definitely dark. You could see him in the case at the con and he’s on eBay too. I don’t know why all the ads for him are wrong.

These are up for order now on the Super7 website!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Grizzlor’s definitely dark. You could see him in the case at the con and he’s on eBay too. I don’t know why all the ads for him are wrong.
    Good thing is the Modulok C 2nd picture shows the correct figure, but the 1st pic is of Modulok D. I guess there I.T. guy didn't get the right pics to upload and hopefully these will be corrected in time. At least the "Top Toys" Green Modulok has the right photos.

I was able to order all 3 though no problem.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Widget
    Ugh really disappointing to see all the Reaction figures go up to $18. I thought they were ridiculously expensive to begin with. I’ll definitely be reeling back on purchases.

I received this response from Super7:

"Thank you for double checking. It seems we have the incorrect photo on our listing for our Dark Variant Grizzlor. We are working to get this corrected. If you are ordering the dark variant listing, you will receive the actual Dark Variant. "
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I'm still waiting for 3.75" MOTU figures with the level of detail, articulation, and generous accessories that classic 80's G.I. Joe figures had. Then we'd be talking.

Something weird is afoot. I placed my order on 10/8, and they are out for delivery today.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Something weird is afoot. I placed my order on 10/8, and they are out for delivery today.
    That makes sense as they're shipping out of Las Vegas now, I believe. Lately I've gotten some very fast shipping notices from them (often the same day). Actually, they've usually been quite good except for earlier this year when they were switching warehouses or something. I ordered on 10/7 and mine will be here Monday, but I'm in North Carolina.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I received this response from Super7:

"Thank you for double checking. It seems we have the incorrect photo on our listing for our Dark Variant Grizzlor. We are working to get this corrected. If you are ordering the dark variant listing, you will receive the actual Dark Variant. "
    I can confirm that you do get the "Dark" Grizzlor. His face is colored just like the weird 80's variant and he is wearing the toy color armor. The card art is the same as the "regular" toy variant though.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I can confirm that you do get the "Dark" Grizzlor. His face is colored just like the weird 80's variant and he is wearing the toy color armor. The card art is the same as the "regular" toy variant though.
    The card art for the Dark Grizzlor is not the same. It is definitely a darker version.

20191011_172757.jpg

20191011_172723.jpg
    Last edited by depp76; October 11, 2019 at 05:30pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm still waiting for 3.75" MOTU figures with the level of detail, articulation, and generous accessories that classic 80's G.I. Joe figures had. Then we'd be talking.
    Maybe a separate line with super articulation, like Hasbro has with The Vintage Collection Star Wars line. Then again, just imagine how much Super 7 would charge for a SA figure.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemanaman View Post
    Maybe a separate line with super articulation, like Hasbro has with The Vintage Collection Star Wars line. Then again, just imagine how much Super 7 would charge for a SA figure.
    I absolutely love this line, but I have to be honest.... I am getting really sick of these repaints. Modulok is supposed to be "the beast of 1000 bodies", not the "beast of 1000 repaints". We need new sculpts. Why is this an issue? In light of other MOTU lines being pulled, you'd think Super7 would kind of make this a priority.

ReAction Master
    If history is any indicator, we seem to get about one wave of new sculpts per year. If the license gets renewed for another term, I’d expect to see Wave 6 at Toy Fair in February. But if it’s anything like Wave 5, those figures won’t be in our hands till almost summer.

I agree that the most recent releases would have benefitted from some variety. Three Moduloks between two conventions is almost as uninspiring as the three Stratoses we got at Power-Con last year.

Two things to consider:

1) It’s likely easier (cheaper) for the factory to make several variants at a time on one mold than loading in an older mold.

2) It’s possible that the line isn’t necessarily designed solely for the Collect Them All collector. Of course, they’d love for everybody to buy everything, but I imagine that there are folks who pick these up as one-offs — liking an interesting deco, remembering that particular version from childhood, etc.

My bigger concern about NYCC is: Where are the reveals? Where’s Brian? Something’s fishy.