Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 176 - Four Horsemen, Mark Taylor, & MOTU Revelation art

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 176 - Four Horsemen, Mark Taylor, & MOTU Revelation art

Episode 176 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Daniel Benedict and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    potty mouth,
    Danielle's surreal convention experience,
    Nate's Mythic Legions box art,
    20 years of the Four Horsemen,
    Power-Con dates for 2020,
    Power of Grayskull documentary now available on DVD,
    Mark Taylor "Sketches 2" portfolio,
    Retro Rags Limited and Mark Taylor shirts,
    Eddie Nunez MOTU character artwork,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on September 26, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 06 minutes, 42 seconds

Direct link for Episode 176

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    This was posted FAST!!!!!! Sweet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Oh snap, now I know what I'm listening to this weekend

Another fun listen!

Based upon the episode description I was hoping for the dates for Power Con 2020. But, alas, not yet.

I’m ready to start planning the trip!

Power-Con being officially connected with Mattel now news was interesting. My family and I go to Power-Con next year or not probably most hinges on the dates chosen. Despite a few negatives, I did like this year's hotel being within walking distance to Disneyland.

As Danielle said I am also hopeful for more archetypes for Mythic Legions, like wizards, werewolves, dragons. But it is an amazing line, anyways.

Speaking of the Four Horsemen, did they ever release their 200x Dragstor design? Or Comet Warriors? I wonder if those will ever see the light of day again.

I agree with Val that the design of He-Man is absolutely the most difficult in every new incarnation of MotU. In seeing Eddie Nunez's art, I also think that He-Man is the worst of the characters. I felt that way about the 4Hs' 200x designs as well, I liked their new He-Man the least. And again with the 1987 movie's designs the worst was He-Man. There are a few new ones liked: the Sideshow He-Man statue was awesome. But it is very hard to do since so many people have a different version of He-Man in their minds that is THE correct version. It is much more difficult to get people to agree on an awesome He-Man than Skeletor, Man-at-arms, etc. I think a main reason is that since He-Man's design is already extremely simplistic, any deviation from a person's preferred version will be unlikable. I just hope they don't do the page-boy hair cut in the new show.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Speaking of the Four Horsemen, did they ever release their 200x Dragstor design? Or Comet Warriors? I wonder if those will ever see the light of day again.
    They did Dragstor, they showed a sketch of it at their panel at Power-Con 2011 and if I'm not mistaken thats the only time its been publicly shown. This was also only time they showed a photo of the 200x Horde-Buster He-man prototype.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Power-Con being officially connected with Mattel now news was interesting. My family and I go to Power-Con next year or not probably most hinges on the dates chosen. Despite a few negatives, I did like this year's hotel being within walking distance to Disneyland.
    WHAAAAA-?? I really need to listen to this now! That's HUGE news!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Finally got a chance to finish this. Great episode and thanks for the shout out!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post

You can see a cropped version of the 200X Dragstor illustration on pg. 229 of the Dark Horse 'Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' book.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Snappy Threader
    Can’t wait to hear this one. Haha potty mouth. Rob must have been at it again. Joking.

Heroic Warrior
    Great news that Mattel sees the demand for Classics and seems willing to meet it in some form in the years ahead.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Great news that Mattel sees the demand for Classics and seems willing to meet it in some form in the years ahead.
    This definitely!

MOTUC fans can keep track of this Twitter account in support of the line: https://twitter.com/ClassicsMOTU and/or tweet #TellMattel #ContinueMOTUC

Fans also of the Club Grayskull/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon line, there are dedicated Facebook and Instagram pages by my good friend Sebastiaan.
    https://www.facebook.com/wewantmoremotu
    https://www.instagram.com/wewantmoremotu/

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Can’t wait to hear this one. Haha potty mouth. Rob must have been at it again. Joking.
    When ain't I? but I blame Penny Dreadful she is like a sailor

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    What did Mattel say in regards to Classics?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'll get around to listening to this eventually, but I'd like to know what they said about Classics too, please!

EDIT: So I had a listen and basically Val said that Mattel knows the demand for Classics and know that hardcore fans want it. He also said not to give up hope and can't really say too much more. Basically it sounds like Mattel hasn't completely given up on Classics.

Anyone else thats listened to it, correct me on anything I may have missed or misheard.
    Last edited by abaddon; October 8, 2019 at 06:32am.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Why not just listen to the episode?

It's better if you listen yourself to what was said, and you may enjoy the episode.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I'd love to listen, but I have too many time constraints. I wish these episodes would come with a point form summary in the comments.

I'd love to listen, but I have too many time constraints. I wish these episodes would come with a point form summary in the comments.
    I feel you on time constraints, so I understand how that is!
    Do you have time to listen to podcasts you are interested in when you travel to work? In the car, or train, or however you travel? I do that myself. It helps me to decompress a bit.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post
    When ain't I? but I blame Penny Dreadful she is like a sailor
    I yam what I yam.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Do you have time to listen to podcasts you are interested in when you travel to work? In the car, or train, or however you travel? I do that myself. It helps me to decompress a bit.
    That's what I do too. I have a long commute between jobs, so a combo of podcasts, music, and NPR help pass the time.
    I also download podcasts to my MP3 player, and bring them to the gym to help make the experience slightly less loathsome.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I bike to work, so for safety reasons I'd be wary of impairing my hearing of the surroundings...

I bike to work, so for safety reasons I'd be wary of impairing my hearing of the surroundings...
    Ahhh, okay.
    But hey, good for you on being not only safe, but for also making an environmentally sound transportation choice, and one that's also health-conscious!

Really nice to hear that Power-Con is under contract with Mattel from 2019 on and they are already have "awesome exclusives" for next year in preparation - count me in for a possible Non Attendee sale!

And I like the little sneak peek that Mattel is at least searching for ways to continue MotUC for us hardcore fans and collectors.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast