Thread: Birds of Prey Trailer just dropped!

Birds of Prey Trailer just dropped!

I think it looks fantastic. My only (minor) complaint is that we don't see much of Black Canary or Huntress. I'm hoping that Black Canary has her Canary Cry.

But I love that Harley has her hammer and hyenas. Margot Robbie is the perfect live-action Harley, even though her voice is not as perfect as Arleen Sorkin. But I'm really excited for this one. I just hope that the story is solid since the Suicide Squad movie was trash.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I love her hyena!!
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

She's the first live action depiction of Harley Quinn, a character I loved since the early 90 and Robbie totally nailed every aspect of it, confirming as being one of the pillars into the DCEU without a doubt. Plus Margot is a very talented actress, she's major A-list Hollywood star for such a young age, can act and totally carry a movie of her own.
    Having said that, this will be a breath of fresh hair after the much hyped and dark Phoenix's Joker, its fitting the February slot, just in time for all of you Valentine lovers .
    It's Harley Quinn! Funny, provocative, sexy as hell! It's so cool to have a movie about her. Maybe she'll be joined by Poison Ivy next time, for sure you bet they'll be cosplaying at SDCC 2020 next to huntress and black canary
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

I have no point of reference for the source material, but it seemed like a HQ movie with a few other folks thrown in for good measure. IF the leaks are true the plot sounds like horse hockey. Easy skip for me because the Suicide Squad movie was SO bad. HQ was the only good thing about that movie though, so maybe this will be entertaining?!?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I don't really see a "Birds of Prey" movie with that trailer. I see a Harley Quinn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have no point of reference for the source material, but it seemed like a HQ movie with a few other folks thrown in for good measure. IF the leaks are true the plot sounds like horse hockey. Easy skip for me because the Suicide Squad movie was SO bad. HQ was the only good thing about that movie though, so maybe this will be entertaining?!?
    Yes I heard SO many things have changed that are suiting someone's "Agenda" but too many people would watch paint drying if it was in a movie....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Yeah I don't really see a "Birds of Prey" movie with that trailer. I see a Harley Quinn movie.
    Gee that's what I said I thought the Birds of Prey were Black Canary,Oracle & later Huntress Harley Quinn is a "bad" guy and was NEVER on any incarnation of the team.... They should have changed the name to "Harley Quinn and her Birds Of Prey"

I think it looks like hot garbage. It looks like an episode of one of the bad CW DC shows. Somewhere Dixon and Simone are probably rolling their eyes.

I actually loved the Suicide Squad movie and loved Margot Robbie as Harley, despite not really digging her look in the movie. I thought she pretty much nailed the character. I don't think even she can save this inevitable train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Well this is the cinematic version of Birds of Prey. Margot Robbie made a mark on DCEU via her portrayal of Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad so it is a no brainer to lead a movie and they chose Birds of Prey.

Nice to see a development and getting here sooner and sooner. I can't wait to finally see it in the theaters.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I know a lot of people are crapping on this trailer. But I really liked it. The visual style and flair is crazy and colorful, the performances look solid and it definitely looks intriguing.

But I have to temper my expectations because the trailers for Suicide Looked pretty good too. Still, a much better trailer than I thought it was going to be. This trailer sold me. Unlike Joker. I know a lot of people loved the trailers for Joker and loved the film. To me, it just seems like a story that isn't interesting at all to me. It's Taxi Driver but with the Joker. This, on the other hand, seems like it is somewhat unique and it is unquestionably doing its own thing. Not homaging 70's dramas.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Not that interest in it...but looks okay.
    Last edited by Mark M; October 3, 2019 at 07:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Agreed about Suicide Squad movie, that movie was very very bad. Margot played a perfect Harley Quinn, but I did not like her outfits at all. I think I like the new costuming in this one, though.

To those complaining about this being a Harley Quinn movie first and Birds of Prey second, well yeah! That's the idea! And who is to say that Batgirl/Oracle won't join the team in another BoP movie without Harley? I do have minor concerns about the costumes for Black Canary and Huntress, but over all this movie looks great. And Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya is perfect. I've been a Harley fan since I saw her in the Animated Show in the 90s and am really stoked for this.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I think it looks like hot garbage. It looks like an episode of one of the bad CW DC shows. Somewhere Dixon and Simone are probably rolling their eyes.

I actually loved the Suicide Squad movie and loved Margot Robbie as Harley, despite not really digging her look in the movie. I thought she pretty much nailed the character. I don't think even she can save this inevitable train wreck.
    Agreed. I think it looks terrible.

And Ewan McGregor just gave me another reason NOT to watch. I am sure you can find the interview
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

People keep bashing on Suicide Squad - I saw it for the first time last night, and I was expecting trash. I was pleasantly surprised at how it cleverly interwove the characters. It's not an oscar winner by any means, but it is also not anywhere as bad as people made it out to be. If anything, it's a fairly original movie.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Finally got around to watching the trailer. Coming from the perspective that I have read a lot of the comics it is disappointing.

On one hand I hope it does well because I would like more DC Comics movies, and on the other hand I hope it fails so we might have more comic accurate films.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!