Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Masters of the Universe Figural Bag Clips coming from Monogram

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,135

    Masters of the Universe Figural Bag Clips coming from Monogram



    Entertainment Earth has announced a preorder for Masters of the Universe Figural Bag Clip Random 6-Packs, by Monogram. Each figure is about 2 inches tall. Characters include He-Man, Prince Adam, Skeletor, Orko, Evil-Lyn, Faker, Mer-Man, Beast Man and Stratos. Additionally, there are two chase variants: Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor.
    These are slated for an April 2020 release.

    Click here to pre-order on EE.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    276
    Looks awesome, I'm gonna assume there blind bag which means a lot of doubles

    Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Looks awesome, I'm gonna assume there blind bag which means a lot of doubles

    Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    But! If you are up for the challenge, these blind bags can be felt to pick the right characters.

    It's a foil bag, which doesn't help...and there's a folded up piece of cardboard around the figure...but by holding the folded edge of the cardboard inside the bag, you can shake them (partly) free and make more of the figure exposed to feel for identifiable edges...parts..textures...bulk...lines...etc

    I like these Figural bag clips a lot, so I can see going after them...I mean, MOTU...hard to say no!

  4. #4
    Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey (the new one)
    Posts
    4,543
    Are these plastic or plush?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Are these plastic or plush?
    Kind of rubbery, actually.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Kind of rubbery, actually.
    Yup. Very dense, solid little figures.

    I find them very...satisfying. They use to come on a key chain but they switched to a bag clip recently; of course you can always attach a key chain ring to them instead if you prefer. I like to hang them up on a wall or use them as Christmas ornaments.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Yup. Very dense, solid little figures.

    I find them very...satisfying. They use to come on a key chain but they switched to a bag clip recently; of course you can always attach a key chain ring to them instead if you prefer. I like to hang them up on a wall or use them as Christmas ornaments.
    So they’re 3-dimension, like a tiny staction? Or are they mosaic-like with a flat back?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

    My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    So they’re 3-dimension, like a tiny staction? Or are they mosaic-like with a flat back?
    3D...fully rounded, shaped forms. They have a good weight to them, for a small key chain/bag clip.

  9. #9
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,746
    I reviewed one of the DC Monogram keychain a few years ago, so here's the review and some pictures just for reference as to what these will probably end up like. Hopefully the eyes are more like the art shown above, though, as I like the look of those better. http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2016/06/a-new-batgirl-review-batgirl-from-dc.html
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I reviewed one of the DC Monogram keychain a few years ago, so here's the review and some pictures just for reference as to what these will probably end up like. Hopefully the eyes are more like the art shown above, though, as I like the look of those better. http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2016/06/a-new-batgirl-review-batgirl-from-dc.html
    Ya, like that! Those eyes were interesting... but I think these MOTU ones look really great...for stylized versions

    Here is my My Hero Academia collection:

    IMG_20191009_085618.jpg

    ... with one Nazgul from LOTR overseeing things in the middle...


  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior trap-grr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kilmarnock, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    130
    Aren't these the same brand as the harry potter ones? Those are nice, so these should be good too.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,135
    Entertainment Earth has this 3-pack in stock now for $24.99. Includes a previously-unrevealed She-Ra.

    fcbb7c48eba24ae0939b1420d53c3b7exl.jpg
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Entertainment Earth has this 3-pack in stock now for $24.99. Includes a previously-unrevealed She-Ra.

    fcbb7c48eba24ae0939b1420d53c3b7exl.jpg
    Huh. I like it...

    ...probably won't get it, but I like it!

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    605
    Is that an amalgamation of the Dreamworks look and the Filmation looks? I can't tell if it's just the style of these, but those eyebrows are giving off reboot She-Ra vibes.

  15. #15
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Wait so is this going to be online only or will these be sold in stores?
    I really want one but I don't want to spend $40 (probably more but I can't tell if the price is USD or CAD) plus a bunch of shipping fees since I'm Canadian. Not to mention there's only two or three I'd actually be willing to put on a bag since I'm not one for collecting for the sake of collecting.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Wait so is this going to be online only or will these be sold in stores?
    I really want one but I don't want to spend $40 (probably more but I can't tell if the price is USD or CAD) plus a bunch of shipping fees since I'm Canadian. Not to mention there's only two or three I'd actually be willing to put on a bag since I'm not one for collecting for the sake of collecting.
    I don't know if we'll see the 3-pack in any stores (it's a NYCC exclusive) but the individual blind bags will be...usually Hot Topic or EB Games.

  17. #17
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Yeah, today I asked around at the EB and the Hot Topic closest to me and they said that there's really no way to tell until it comes out and they either get it or they don't. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Went to one of my Hot Topics yesterday and they had these available...it was a pretty full box, likely just got put out this week. It's hot cash redemption time, so...perfect!

    I managed to feel around and pick out the Battle Armour Skeletor and Orko...but sadly, couldn't find Mer-Man...alas!

    I don't want them all but I'll probably go to another location to try again.

  19. #19
    Mega Construx sand demon Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    oldboltyneck.com
    Posts
    962
    That's really cool, ersatz.kate! I hope you can find a location that has a Mer-Man for you.

    ...Monogram, Monogram ... suddenly I have an urge to snap together a vehicle for one of these bag-clip figures to sit in.
    I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

    My Mega Construx gallery

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    That's really cool, ersatz.kate! I hope you can find a location that has a Mer-Man for you.

    ...Monogram, Monogram ... suddenly I have an urge to snap together a vehicle for one of these bag-clip figures to sit in.
    "Monogram
    What's it called?
    Monogram
    That's right! Monogram!"



    You definitely need to make a vehicle for them! I think they'd like that...

    (Neither snowstorm nor virus will get in my way...I WILL have my Mer-Man bagclip!!!)

  21. #21
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Wait, they're out now?

    EDIT: Huh, so they are. Went to my local Hot Topic and there they were. Nice. Managed to get one I wanted so mission success I suppose!
    Last edited by RiverToad; March 13, 2020 at 02:33pm. Reason: adding

  22. #22
    Heroic Elder Hoffrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    796
    Wait...Monogram?! Where the hell is my new Classics versions of their original three model kits then?!!!!
    Darth Pardus

    Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    213
    Update: I got my Mer-Man!

    ...and then regular Skeletor...and Battle Armour He-Man to match my BA Skeletor. What choice did I have?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Wait, they're out now?

    EDIT: Huh, so they are. Went to my local Hot Topic and there they were. Nice. Managed to get one I wanted so mission success I suppose!
    Yes! Awesome. Mission accomplished...for now..

    - - - Updated - - -

    IMG_20200314_081034.jpg

    They always look so much better when you have them in-hand...

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior trap-grr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kilmarnock, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Update: I got my Mer-Man!

    ...and then regular Skeletor...and Battle Armour He-Man to match my BA Skeletor. What choice did I have?!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes! Awesome. Mission accomplished...for now..

    - - - Updated - - -

    IMG_20200314_081034.jpg

    They always look so much better when you have them in-hand...
    Yes they do, I thought skeletor didn't look up to much but your makes it look good

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •