Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Season 4 is coming November 5th -- Click here for teaser trailer and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    I said their predictions can be wrong. What else is there to discuss?
    Also I won't try to change your mind, keep calling them trash and crap, you don't have to watch their videos. I can't see how them reviewing season 4 can affect you.
    They simply get preictions wrong though. They deliberately push false naratives for the sake of headlines.

Case in point in the RWBY situation even when it was revealed that RWBY was getting renewed for a few more seasons, they decide to go with ominus headline "RWBY is safe, for now". Throughout the entire thing, they tried to paint the picture that if Rooster Teeth were in trouble or downsized, then RWBY (you know their biggest cash cow) would somehow be first on the chopping block. Witch is not onlt not true, but also makes ne sense.

That's not even taking into acount all the times they have been proven wrong only to continue to try and push the narative that had been proven wrong (like the whole Galaxies Edge situation).

My point is they arn't a credable news source in my opinion.
    Last edited by A Dalek; November 5, 2019 at 08:03am.

A Dalek, I agree with you that they use clickbait titles. It's understandable, they need to grab attention, they're making money. I don't use their channel to learn some news, I don't watch all of their videos. I only watch videos related to my interests like She-Ra, I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I tend to like their opinion. They can jump to wrong conclusions sometimes, but when they just discuss certain media articles, for example, there's no misinformation (unless the articles were wrong of course). When they discuss how you're not allowed to prefer the original She-Ra, it's a very relatable topic for me, I've seen enough bullying and toxic behaviour of the new She-Ra fandom and the marketing campaign behind it.
    Last edited by Chris85; November 5, 2019 at 08:13am.

Some very interesting episode synopsis. Though I think they may have given away the season Finale in the trailer
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Kinda going off topic here gang, let's focus. Looking forward to what folks think about Season 4.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Those who are worried that Horde Prime would just be a palet swap of Hordak, they have siuler features but still looke pretty destinkt from eachother

I noticed the multiple eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I noticed the multiple eyes
    And dreadlocks

It seems Hordak's genetic defect might have actualy been that he was sentient, rather than his physical condition.

Just finished the entire season...

So. Freakin'. COOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    And dreadlocks

It very much looks like that. Especially given how Horde Prime phrased all his accusations. Very interesting design for the character too.

Cannot wait for the conversations to start up on the episodes. Soooo much to work with.

Though there's still one mystery left for the final season to solve. And I was a bit disappointed with the Catra/Hordak fight. I do have to wonder just how much Catra will be on Horde Prime's side. It could very easily be argued she only spilled the beans to him about Etheria to keep him from destroying it and killing Glimmer. I will, however, say I FREAKING CALLED IT on Light Hope being the one who originally kidnapped Baby Adora!
    Last edited by Asher Tye; November 6, 2019 at 01:49am.

OH MY GOD! This series is great...
    Lord Hordak

Finished the season and oh my! Wow it was AWESOME!!!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Well...
    I was SUPER excited when I saw it was 13 episodes.
    Then, watching it, I was questioning where rhe momentum had gone from season 3.
    For me, it wasted time and it wasn't until episode 5 that it really got going.
    I enjoyed Double Trouble. Did anyone else get Him vibes from Powerpuff Girls?
    Otherwise, I think it was alot of filler.
    This was, IMO, the weakest season so far. They could have been more impactful had the season been condensed, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Well...
    I was SUPER excited when I saw it was 13 episodes.
    Then, watching it, I was questioning where rhe momentum had gone from season 3.
    For me, it wasted time and it wasn't until episode 5 that it really got going.
    I enjoyed Double Trouble. Did anyone else get Him vibes from Powerpuff Girls?
    Otherwise, I think it was alot of filler.
    This was, IMO, the weakest season so far. They could have been more impactful had the season been condensed, IMO.
    Now that you mention it, yeah. They had some real Him vibes going on whenever they were busy verbally devouring a scene.

I don't mind filler if it can be used for a constructive purpose. Here it seemed to be the lead up for the Horde's power play, as well as demonstrating Catra's descent into madness.

Heroic Warrior
    Great season! Can't wait until the spoiler threads go up so we can talk more about it!

Eeek, Horde Prime's design is very underwhelming. It doesn't seem as if they took any design cues from previous incarnations, but I suppose that's a common occurrence with this show. Here's hoping that he's a memorable character.
    Probably Horde Prime's #1 fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    A Dalek, I agree with you that they use clickbait titles. It's understandable, they need to grab attention, they're making money. I don't use their channel to learn some news, I don't watch all of their videos. I only watch videos related to my interests like She-Ra, I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I tend to like their opinion. They can jump to wrong conclusions sometimes, but when they just discuss certain media articles, for example, there's no misinformation (unless the articles were wrong of course). When they discuss how you're not allowed to prefer the original She-Ra, it's a very relatable topic for me, I've seen enough bullying and toxic behaviour of the new She-Ra fandom and the marketing campaign behind it.
    TBH...
    I think if you have to build something up by tearing something down, it says nothing of either "thing" but soley the mental and emotional state of the individual.
    That goes for BOTH sides.
    To be further honest...I HATED the new versions when I first saw them. BUT, I can be honest and say "because it isn't how I thought they should look".
    I gave the show a try.
    IMHO, the story writting, character development is MUCH better in Dreamworks.
    The Filmation, IMO, has much better aesthetics.
    All that said it's just my opinion. I guess some people present themselves as factually accurate, as Clownfish have a tendency to do, rather than realizing it's just an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Now that you mention it, yeah. They had some real Him vibes going on whenever they were busy verbally devouring a scene.

I don't mind filler if it can be used for a constructive purpose. Here it seemed to be the lead up for the Horde's power play, as well as demonstrating Catra's descent into madness.
    I guess
    I just wanted more action!
    We get it Catra wants power driven by resentment and insecurity.
    Hordak has "big brother" issues, like lets get to the battles!!
    I liked the twist with Light Hope.
    I like the whole "Mara is a She-Ra"...
    It really opens a lot of possibilities, like a "Galactic/NA She-Ra".
    That concept is so good to me that I FINALLY bought the Mara MOTUC figure!

Now, I really want Double Trouble and Scorpia in their Dreamworks looks!

I was really disappointed with Leech (and Admiral Scurvy, if I'm being honest).

The overall story arc is growing on me, but there is still a lot of the show I don't enjoy. I feel like it's...just so close to being good, or even great. But right now, I feel like I'm still really just watching out of obligation.

Swiftwind has really stolen the show for me, though.
    Last edited by Arek Brimstone; November 8, 2019 at 01:40pm.

@Stratos*Major

I apollogise, if I came off like I was trying to prop up Netlfix She-Ra there. I want to make it clear that while I think it's a decent show, I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, the critiscism that it retreads ground that ATLA did better, is one I find myself agreeing with.

In regards to the action, while I would have liked more of it, I think the stuff we got was often servicable. But I also don't feel they took full advantage of the more symplified designs, to get the smoother more dynamic action scenes that those kinds of designs can allow for. I
    Last edited by A Dalek; November 8, 2019 at 02:37pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Season 3 is still my favorite of the bunch, but I quite enjoyed season 4 as well!
    That was a really clever take on Double Trouble, although I kind of miss the more heroic DT of yore. Maybe they will become a heroic character later on.

I was a little disappointed that

Flutterina just seems to be a character DT created. I get that they wanted to use a "name character" for that, but I feel like they sort of sacrificed a vintage POP character to do it. I mean, I guess this doesn't mean that Flutterina can't still exist somewhere, but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Other thoughts...

I wasn't expecting..

The twist regarding Light Hope. I started getting a little bit of a HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe.

I liked

Horde Prime's sophisticated speaking voice. His design isn't as intimidating as expected, but I'm glad he's not an exact carbon copy of Hordak. Those extra eyes are pretty darn creepy.

I bet Entrapta will be the one to save Hordak by "deprogramming" whatever Horde Prime does to him.

I'm glad

they had Scorpia sorta change sides. This version of Scorpia seems way too nice to be in the Horde. lol.

I like that Hordak

shed tears! That had a pretty powerful impact.

Also, I can't get enough of...

Sea Hawk's sea shanties. I think I need an entire album.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 8, 2019 at 04:30pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Just finished season 4, and I have SOOOO many questions! I'll try to avoid spoilers.

1) I still don't get why people say this show is bad. Now, I'm no expert on story-telling as I am scientist, but man o man was this season GREAT! I love this show so much. Why do some people say they hate it?
    2) RAZZ? How, why, huh? Is Razz an extra-dimensional being? She can do magic, is not a First One, and can time-jump. But what is she?
    3) CATRA? Where is she from? Are there other cat-people or is she the only one? What's with her headband if it's not a magic mask? What's her origin before the Horde?
    4) Was it ever explained how Entrapta can have prehensile hair? Did she perform an experiment on her hair for it to do that?
    5) Flutterina? I have a question about her but it would be a spoiler, but I think people might know what the question is.
    6) The last line of Adora from the last episode is perfect. It's cliche and cheesey, but I love heroic cliff-hangers like that!

This show has grew to become better and better. It might be my favorite animated show of all time, but I have yet to see how it ends.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

My impressions with SPOILERS.
    I finished season 4 today and I have some very mixed feelings. I spoke against all that non-binary character promotion, but there was no emphasis on it on the show and Double Trouble turned out to be my favourite character, they and their arc were the best thing about this season. The voice actor did an amazing job, I loved their performance. The music remained good, but that was to be expected after several seasons. I finally appreciated Scorpia. I was really looking forward to her reuniting with Entrapta, although it never happened. It was fun to guess what Shadow Weaver is plotting.
    I disliked all that partying stuff, overuse of "best friends squad" phrase, terrible lyrics of "it's fun to be friends with friends" (although I enjoy singing on the show). Bow was annoying this season, because he was overdramatic most of the time. Adora/She-Ra remains unlikable and annoying with her frequent screaming, terrible art style and bad She-Ra costume design doesn't help. I found Mara to be much more likable and easier to look at. Sea Hawk was even more incompetent than before, which is a tough pill to swallow, because I remember how skilled his OG character was and because barely any male character is allowed not to be a joke on the new show.
    I didn't understand who the enemy of the first ones was and what their weapon was supposed to be used against, which made all that storyline useless to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    6) The last line of Adora from the last episode is perfect. It's cliche and cheesey, but I love heroic cliff-hangers like that!
    I thought it was too extra, didn't like it.
    Last edited by Chris85; November 10, 2019 at 06:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    Everything that's happened to date was planned by Noelle since the moment she was given the opportunity to revive the She-Ra property, and it definitely shows, which means it would be a huge mistake if she were not to be given the opportunity to finish what she started.

From my understanding, the series has 52 episodes that were done some time ago by this point, and there's only 13 episodes left to go now that Season Four has dropped. I think it's safe to say we'll see the end of this particular story play out the way she intended.
    I absolutely love what's been done here with the property. There's a depth and an arc to the whole story that we were never presented with in any previous version of PoP/MOTU. It'll both be a bummer AND be exciting to see this come to an end, because it will be the first real "finish" we've had to any of the shows. Well, now as I'm writing this I'm remembering that New Adventures had an arc and a proper ending, didn't it? So, I guess this show will be the second.

Yeah, given how much time and resources go into producing a cartoon it was my assumption that Dreamworks and Netflix greenlit 4 seasons at 13 episodes each - so Noelle plotted the whole thing that way, it really shows.

I haven't entirely given up on future seasons, which could still be possible depending on how popular it is - is there any way of telling? I know Netflix doesn't often release viewing numbers.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

With the Masters: Revelations series coming soon to Netflix (in a year or whatever), I wouldn't mind this iteration of She-Ra taking a break after it's 52-episode run and seeing the more "classic" She-Ra and pals turn up in the new He-Man series (I wonder if that's even a thing they plan on doing? If Kevin Smith's new cartoon is supposed to pick up where Filmation left off, She-Ra should exist in that continuity, right?).
    If the current version of She-Ra were to continue at some point, I think I'd prefer a bit of a time jump... let's see these characters as slightly older versions and the world broadened even more. As much as I love the show, there's certain elements to the storytelling that are becoming repetitive for me and I think it's because of the age the characters are presented at, if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    With the Masters: Revelations series coming soon to Netflix (in a year or whatever), I wouldn't mind this iteration of She-Ra taking a break after it's 52-episode run and seeing the more "classic" She-Ra and pals turn up in the new He-Man series (I wonder if that's even a thing they plan on doing? If Kevin Smith's new cartoon is supposed to pick up where Filmation left off, She-Ra should exist in that continuity, right?).
    If the current version of She-Ra were to continue at some point, I think I'd prefer a bit of a time jump... let's see these characters as slightly older versions and the world broadened even more. As much as I love the show, there's certain elements to the storytelling that are becoming repetitive for me and I think it's because of the age the characters are presented at, if that makes sense?
    I'd be cool with that, I mean it would have to be a new angle since presumably Noelle plans on wrapping all of the big threads up next season.

Regarding She-Ra showing up in the Masters series - I don't think so, what with all the hullabaloo made about POP and MOTU being separate IPs with this series it would be a real surprise if suddenly they were cool with it.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...