Thread: Won over by Vintage MOTU

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Won over by Vintage MOTU

I've been very hesitant in getting into the Vintage MOTU collection from S7 due to the reviews and in hand pics I've seen on the net. Cancelled all previous pre-orders and just waited for positive reviews to come up.

I saw the below display in my local comic store the other day and I was overcome by nostalgic feelings and ended up purchasing some of the figures.
    They look splendid in the packaging, but I really needed to open a figure or two just to get that "feeling" of vintage nostalgia.

MOTU.jpg

I opened up He-Man and Teela and honestly, I really like them and kind of shocked that the figures themselves were pretty decent in hand. They don't feel "brittle" as described in video reviews and the quality seems quiet good. He-Man in particular seems quite solid and even not that glossy in hand. I get the issue with the legs but honestly, it's not that big of a deal - he can stand up. Teela has more of an issue as she is pre-posed and is harder to stand up, but not too bad. The weapons seem a tad oversized though.

I'm wondering if this He-Man is a newer version or a new production run, as all the figures I saw, his harness was fully on his body rather than half on/off and seemed less glossy as the ones I saw over the Spring. Even the Skeletors had crisper and cleaner face paint.

I have some of Wave 3 coming soon, but I'm very happy and kind of sad that S7 aren't making more of these for the foreseeable.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Super7 figures in hand tends to be 10x better compared to photos and video online really.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I just received the transforming He-Man variant and the Skeletor in the Japanese packaging and I love them! They are actually fast taking over classics for me. I think the simplicity and nostalgia factor is just too strong to resist for me.

And I mean, look at those racks of figures, such a beautiful sight! Were you in Forbidden Planet?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Court Magician
    S7 please continue this vintage line! So many characters I needed.
    Last edited by mac&cheese; October 15, 2019 at 03:16am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I just received the transforming He-Man variant and the Skeletor in the Japanese packaging and I love them! They are actually fast taking over classics for me. I think the simplicity and nostalgia factor is just too strong to resist for me.

And I mean, look at those racks of figures, such a beautiful sight! Were you in Forbidden Planet?
    Yes I was
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Yes I was
    One of my regular haunts back when I was still living in the motherland (and it was actually the Birmingham one too!). Shame they had to slap those massive price stickers on them!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade