Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Wheels Wind Raider teased at Hot Wheels Convention

Hot Wheels Wind Raider teased at Hot Wheels Convention

Updated January 10, 2020:

Pixel Dan takes a look at the Hot Wheels MOTU Wind Raider from Mattel! Check it out:

---------------
    Mattel teased a new Hot Wheels Wind Raider vehicle recently at the 2020 Hot Wheels convention. The Wind Raider would be a part of Mattel's Replica Entertainment series of vehicles, which will include replicas of fantasy vehicles from popular entertainment. Check it out below:

Image source: PlanetEternia.de
    Last edited by Lich Leech; October 18, 2019 at 10:48am.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this.

I'd love a Masters line of Hot Wheels done just like this Wind Raider...but then I see it's just one in a random line like the Mega Construx Heroes.
    Hopefully, like what happened with the Mega line, it does well and we get more.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    The Hot Wheels Wind Raider looks really cool! I am down for any vintage vehicles released in this scale.

I love that they use the original Rudy Obrero art. I really hope they do a Battle Ram!

Love this so much. In the UK hot wheels are about 2 or $2.50 and can get them anywhere, but I expect these will be impossible to find or will be 10 + on ebay or amazon. Insert sad face emoji here.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    Love this so much. In the UK hot wheels are about 2 or $2.50 and can get them anywhere, but I expect these will be impossible to find or will be 10 + on ebay or amazon. Insert sad face emoji here.

This is part of the more expensive $5 line here in the states and those are usually easier to find than the $1 ones.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

I never would have expected this in a million years!
    Odd Man Out

Go to 32:50 in the video to see the MOTU Wind Raider and Thundercats Thundertank.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    This is part of the more expensive $5 line here in the states and those are usually easier to find than the $1 ones.
    I would buy everything in this line I could get it. The thundertank also looks sweet as

They HAVE to do MORE MotU vehicles!!! We've been asking for this for years!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I love that they use the original Rudy Obrero art. I really hope they do a Battle Ram!
    Exact same. I dont need this style of toy...but boy I'd kinda like it if the pieces follow this example. Particularly Spydor.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Exact same. I dont need this style of toy...but boy I'd kinda like it if the pieces follow this example. Particularly Spydor.
    Spydor would be incredible. Land Shark, Roton, and Dragon Walker would also be cool, along with a Sky Sled and Battle Ram as some of the most classic vehicles.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Court Magician
    I was at the local store well a few today and hot wheels has been doing Star Wars vehicles, and a whole lot of them I was really excited by these. Because if they treat MOTU the same way, the scale was awesome and details were great. So please bring this on.

Heroic Warrior
    I am sure the Wind Raider and the Thundertank will be in the $5 range. The entertainment cars are more expensive then the main line ones. Those 2 do look good.

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Hot Wheels MOTU Wind Raider showing up on eBay

I saw both the Wind Raider and Thundertank listed in my active searches on EvilBay(Ebay). So these must have hit retail now or people pre-ordered these somewhere online? Mind you they are asking 10+ dollars USD for these. I don't know what the regular retail price is so I will wait for some of the e-tail and local stores to get them in.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I saw both the Wind Raider and Thundertank listed in my active searches on EvilBay(Ebay). So these must have hit retail now or people pre-ordered these somewhere online? Mind you they are asking 10+ dollars USD for these. I don't know what the regular retail price is so I will wait for some of the e-tail and local stores to get them in.
    Heard they probably will be 5. Kind of odd of a price for a hot wheels though if you ask me.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Heard they probably will be 5. Kind of odd of a price for a hot wheels though if you ask me.

$5 is not an odd price, thats the regular price of collector hot wheels like these. The Star Wars ones that look like actual movie vehicles are that price and I have a collectors ecto-1 that was that price. They usually are a little bigger than the 99 cent ones.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    $5 is not an odd price, thats the regular price of collector hot wheels like these. The Star Wars ones that look like actual movie vehicles are that price and I have a collectors ecto-1 that was that price. They usually are a little bigger than the 99 cent ones.
    Definite bump of listings on EvilBay and the Wind Raider seems to float between 13 and 20 USD. I am going to hold out for another option, either retail or e-tail. I don't want to pay more than 10 for this but would prefer the MSRP of 5 USD.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Which stores are people seeing these in?
    Thanks.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Which stores are people seeing these in?
    Thanks.
    Pixel Dan recently tweeted that these are being found at Walmart and Target. Haven't seen them at all myself.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Found one single one at a target. The rest are gone. They are 2 each to a case. Case assortment is 2 kitt 2 thundertank 2 wind raider 2 lotus esprint sl (had to look that one up, no idea what that meant, 007) 2 ghost rider charger. Was gonna nab a case but don't want to waste 20 bucks on 4 cars I have no need for and those 2 seem to be a flop on ebay, 007 being the less wanted.

Case is 50 and change online. But then I think of the gas I waste on looking. Lol. 20 in gas ain't much for me in the tank. So that extra 20 if I put it in perspective I actually waste looking. I have my nephew contacting his manager I met months ago when soundwave came out at walmart. He told me to let him know if I'm ever after anything he'll get me them. So hit my nephew up since he's my only source of contact to his manager. I'm gonna give it a few days then decide if I don't find them to just order a case off the computer.

Last edited by unclassified; January 7, 2020 at 09:59am.

Heroic Warrior
    I also have a friend in Maryland helping me look. I didn't contact any of my other toy friends I have in other states yet.

Also, dcpi sku and upc don't come up on brickseek. I have all the codes needed but no results in search.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I'm far from a hot wheels collector so I only know them as 99. Cent. Didn't know this was a whole line in itself.

Heroic Warrior
    One more thing, I won't open mine til I have a double, but looks like the crank turns for the grappling hook. So perhaps the grappling hook comes out on a string. Not sure til I get another Soni can open it and check it out.

While it's kind of unfair that these are $5, I really like it. I hope they can do more MotU vehicles. I'd love all the classics: Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Talon Fighter, Road Ripper, Roton. I think the trick is to make sure they can roll. I'm not sure if the clear wheels can be placed well in the Talon Fighter. But the others should work nicely.

Then it'd be awesome to have a Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain Hot Wheels Track!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."