Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give Up One Figure Forever

If I was to look at the MOTUC line for the first time today, which figures could be removed without me saying, "Hey, where's ______?"

Obviously, the answer to that question is any character that never appeared before MOTUC itself. That would limit the choices to the Create-a-Character entries (minus Fearless Photog, whom I consider a worthy entry with prior media, limited as it was), Standor, and (arguably) the Unnamed One. Even concept characters like Vikor, Demo-Man, Gygor, and Vykron could be "missed" by a hardcore fan who wanted a thorough and deep line of figures.

The Create-a-Character line-up was a huge disappointment to me. Draego-Man was excellent, and Photog, goofy as he is, was the fulfillment of a decades-long promise. But given the wealth of creativity that should have been at their disposal, Mattel's inclusion of such lackluster designs as Sir Laser-Lot, Spector, and Cy-Chop is kind of unforgivable. ALL of the fan-created runners-up would have made better, more exciting, more original figures -- seriously, give me Ra-Jar, Bubblor, Major Header, or Three Beast over any of those three. (Seriously, to this day I can more easily recall the names of the CAC runners-up than I can recall Cy-Chop or Laser-Lot.) WHO CARES who the "celebrity" designers were behind those figures? At the end of the day, we wanted cool new figures, and Mattel failed to deliver, even with better designs at their disposal. What a waste. And as long as I'm venting, any of the four runners-up would've been a better winner than Castle Grayskullman. That figure is an ugly mess.

So yeah, there's a handful of figures I could easily live without. But the winner? Mighty Spector. It's an unoriginal design, a concept that doesn't fit well within the MOTU world, a name that doesn't make any sense with the character's power set, a logo that doesn't go with the power set OR the character's name... it's just an absolute disaster of a figure. It reeks of ego. Neitlich should've resisted the temptation and graciously given the spot to a more worthy design.

OK, I'm done venting.

tl/dr: I wouldn't miss the Mighty Spector.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Variants would be my choice, for example: Spirit King Grayskull, Pink translucent Hordak, and the like. Also I could pick PD Teela (that is probably the worst figure in the whole line, considering how it ended up). By no means I would pick any original character over those unnecessary/poorly-executed variants.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely Mo-Larr. Pointless figure. In TGs attempt to unite all continuities/universes this was an overreach. He could have done Songster if he wanted truly obscure. I know I know the two-pack was an SDCC offering and it came out of a different budget blah blah blah it was never meant to be a figure everyone would want thats what makes exclusives possible yadda yadda yadda. Back when the line was at its peak I guess everything seemed possible.

Standor is a very very close second. Stan Lee had nothing to do with MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    I'm not sure there is a bad looking figure in the classics line, but lots I just didn't want. Adventures figures, and custom charges were the death of the line for me.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I don't know how you guys do that. It really stinks those charges and shipping.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Teela 2.No. Glad I collect MOC/MIB so I don't have to look at her.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Fearless Photog and PreEternia Disguise He-man are tied for that spot.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Give Up One Figure Forever
    How about 13?

-Fighting Foe Men
    -30th Anniversary figures
    -Sky High
    -Snake-Man-At-Arms
    -Point Dread Teela (Uck!)
    -Buzz-Saw Hordak

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we have a Teela with a melted face and a character named "Ditztroyer" (no offense 4H), but we still don't have Sagitar or Hoove?!? wtf??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    How about 13?

-Fighting Foe Men
    -30th Anniversary figures
    -Sky High
    -Snake-Man-At-Arms
    -Point Dread Teela (Uck!)
    -Buzz-Saw Hordak

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we have a Teela with a melted face and a character named "Ditztroyer" (no offense 4H), but we still don't have Sagitar or Hoove?!? wtf??
    I have to confess i like the Fighting Foe Men but i dont like their names. These are down right stupid.

Buzz-Saw is another stupid variant and a waste of money since he is only made for the gimmick that his chest can be opened up. Id rather wish they spend so much thought and money in bendy tentacles for Octavia than giving us a figure we already had before design-wise.
    Im not a big fan of variants anyway but instead of that variant i wish we had gotten Vintage toy Catra since FILMATION Catra is not the definitive version if you ask me.

Oh and Point of Dreadful Teela...well that figure is just a disgrace.
    Last edited by Niki; October 27, 2019 at 04:53pm. Reason: typos, wrong spelling...the whole enchilada.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    If you had to give up one figure forever from the Classics line - who would it be?

This means that time would be altered and the figure would never have existed and there is no future possibility for it to return.

I know the very nature of a time travel question points to a certain character, but I promise that is not my intention. Im just really curious who people might choose.
    At this point of time, in which the very existence of Classics is threaten to halt.. I cannot gave up even a figure regardless if there are many candidates to choose from.. I just can't. Seems every character made is a valuable right now.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I'd go with Pilot Teela from Point Dread.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

PreEternia Disguise He-man And pilot Teela are tied for me. I could loose both if those and shed no tears.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Easy choice. Standor.

I wish people would have more fun with a topic like this instead of just making lists of figures they dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Any He-Man figure, they are my least wanted figures in this line.
    Silly idea.

I vote for Standor an Spectre. Yes, Ill give you both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I have to confess i like the Fighting Foe Men but i dont like their names. These are down right stupid.
    Fully agree. I ignore the names and take them for what they are, original 1980s designs from the model kits.

Court Magician
    My idea, is more then one figure, so let me explain. Instead of making all the different He-man's and Skeletor's. Make each one and do weapon's and armor' s packs for all the new sets. That way those figure slots could have gone to other figures that any of us wanted. Same with other figures that got made more than once. Unless it was a character that had a whole new look like king he-man and new age versions of coarse. So we all could have had over 10 other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Just get the new head. I wish Mattel made a headpack for different figures like the 200X head pack.

https://youtu.be/PZmA4shDcNU
    Thanks! I am almost certain it would be impossible to get any Alessandra items, it is hit or miss. Your setups look great BTW. Love that ice Armor He-Man and the ice diorama!

Court Magician
    SirSniffy, I saw that frosts head and your absolutely right it's beautifully done.

Heroic Warrior
    The Point Dread Teela. Yeah she was bad. I sold mine when I opened the set. If I Subbed and got the Spector figure I would give him up as well.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    The Point Dread Teela. Yeah she was bad. I sold mine when I opened the set. If I Subbed and got the Spector figure I would give him up as well.
    Melted Cheesla and The Mighty Specturd are my votes as well. I don't mind Standor as much, but my shelf would not miss him.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Mine would be Cy-Chop.

Other contenders would be Standor and Pre-Eternia Disguise He-man.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one