Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top three favorite songs and why?

Master of New Adventures!

What are your top three favorite songs and why?

I'll start it off.

As many know, I'm a Country music fan. I like Country songs because they tell a story. Here are my three favorites:

First up, maybe the saddest song ever sung:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2birg

Next, at the far opposite end of the spectrum, one of the most uplifting songs ever sung:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCn5ofh9PlE

Finally, for this guy who bleeds red, white and blue -- and at the risk of sounds a bit ethnocentric -- a great song about America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4IRQVGsBU

And because I'm the creator of this thread and I'm allowed to cheat a little, here's a tie for Number 3. Have a box of Kleenex nearby. You're gonna need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vZlrBYLSU

Okay, how about all of you? Your top three picks...and why you love them.

Weeper on the shore- Amorphis ----- just a great rocking tune to get me going if i have some work to do, also reminds me of my college years and going to lots of metal shows in church basements

Protect ya neck- Wu Tang Clan- love pretty much everything thing by these guys.. but this is a classic..

When you grow up, your heat dies- Gunship- Just really feeling these guys at the moment and give me that 80s nostalgia feel with the sounds and lyrics

Honorable mention

Bright lit blue skies-Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti I LOVE surf music and this happens to be a 60ies cover from a local (for me) band from Plymouth Mass...
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; October 24, 2019 at 02:51pm.
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

So hard to only pick three songs!

My all time favorite is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8OJAOMbPg I do not have a reason except the song is perfection to me. I remember the first time I heard it on the radio I just thought it was brilliant. I was really young and I just stopped what I was doing and listened. It gave me goosebumps.

ANYTHING by Prince, so it is really hard to choose one, but this would be a close tie with Purple Rain. He was just an amazing performer and a musical genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG3VcCAlUgE

THIS is my jam. I do not know how you can listen to the guitar opening and not just be mesmerized. Love ACDC! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

Honorable mention: ALWAYS loved this song because I am a brown eyed girl <3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXSBe-qMGo

OK, one more. Favorite song to dance to in college with my girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGIDFTURaY
    Last edited by IceyCat; October 24, 2019 at 06:39pm.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I'm sorry but I got to interrupt this whole this whole joke of a topic and say one simple thing.

You all are leaving off the your lists because it's simply the greatest song every put down on track and you probably just assumed everyone already knew it was the top and didn't need to be mentioned but the fact noone has mentioned it.

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I mean you just started singing the some part of the lyrics when I mentioned it.

That out of the way.

Blind guardians - Nightfall, combines metal and lore from middle earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyof447Au6o

Hard to pick one from them but

Nightwish - Ghost love score, The range of emotions evoked wish Marco had more vocals on it but Flor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjIlHWBAVo

and last

Weezer - in the garage, doesn't need much explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0rV88Ev-og
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree it is difficult to pick only three songs, ha.

All three of these, while highly significant to me for each their own reasons, are also among the tracks I use to tune my sound system -- for the definition of a system "sounds good" is, in large part, whether these songs sound good in playback through it. (Yes, seriously)

#1 Unchallenged for all of space and time:

It was 1986 in a local movie theater. A young boy was awakened as a metalhead within seconds of hearing this for the first time -- and to this day, still gets a mix of chills and urge to \m/ upon listening. To say this song (nevermind the movie it is from) was highly influential on my life is a gross understatement.

#2 Would be the main song to the soundtrack of my life:

Suffice it to say, this one resonates on several different levels of my lifepath and worldview. The lyrics, the instrumentation, the synesthetic experience of listening to it -- everything. This is another one that moves me every time I listen to it. Seriously, if there was ever a biopic of my life, I would demand this be licensed as the main anthem song of the soundtrack.

#3 Would be on the soundtrack of my life, as well

Perhaps trite, but it is resonant with the formation of my life-long ever-evolving paracosm (imaginary world). Apart from that, this is an absolutely and uniquely amazing synesthetic experience to listen to.

---

Honorable mention: Another lyrically, thematically and synesthically significant track for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5htNJsh1IQ

---

And a final cheat of a track, by the unparalleled virtue of how absolutely moving on every level it is to listen to, for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_eoR6r1Tw
    Last edited by The Timeless One; November 5, 2019 at 11:13pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Ooh boy, top 3, that's a tricky one, but let me see how heavy I can truly narrow down to, in no particular order:

"Broken & Beautiful by Kelly Clarkson" - I was expecting to enjoy this song when it was announced, purely because of how hyped I was for the Uglydolls movie. I didn't expect it to impact me like it did. The song's about admitting to imperfections, and, instead of shying away from them, being strong thanks to them. Also, it's so obvious that P!nk wrote this song, and I'm already a fan of both her and Kelly Clarkson, so it was a good fit.

"Grace Kelly" by Mika - Mika's one of those "not enough people know this artist!" kind of artists to me. I found him through pure chance, and quickly picked up the album later. While not the first song I heard from him, there's something about the poppiness of this song that really hits strong to me, along with how heavy Mika's voice can stretch.

"Fashion Zombies! by The Aquabats!" - This is a case of "favorite song by my favorite band". I can unironically say that The Aquabats! are my favorite band out of all of them. I know their gimmick is goofy, and they certainly have strayed far from their ska roots, but there's just something so enthusiastic about their music, that you can tell they're just here to have fun. Plus, their show on The Hub was hilarious.

An honorable mention goes out to:

"Experimental Film" by They Might Be Giants - I was already familiar with this band in passing thanks to other songs, but didn't pay much mind for the longest time. It was only after I got into Homestar Runner and hearing this song (this is actually the official music video for the song, made with Homestar characters!) that I really started to get into them. There's something about the beat of this song that got me into the song, which drove me to their other songs.

So, I'd say that's a pretty good list I've got, even though it's missing tons of other faves of mine. Fun fact, three of those four mentioned artists (Kelly Clarkson is the sole exception) were discovered by me because I got into Homestar Runner! Two were because of actually working with the H*R crew, the other thanks to a fan AMV.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm loving listening to everyone else's choices =) Been a long while since I've heard a few of them, lol

I guess for me the easiest way to do this would be to choose my top favorite three bands and then choose my most favorite song by each of them...

Korn - Make Me Bad
    I've always been a rock fan, and I grew up with half of my family always playing 80's metal around me. Korn was the next evolution of the rock sound for me in the 90's, and so their style of hard riffs and "ugly noises" that blended into beautiful music just hooked me. Plus, Issues (their fourth album and what this song comes off of) was the first album of theirs that I heard. Once I went back into their library of previous albums to hear their amazing music, I knew that their early quality was never going to be matched in my eyes.

Depeche Mode - Useless
    The other half of my family loved 80's new wave music, and Depeche Mode was the ultimate band for me. They had their pop songs that rivaled anything Duran Duran or INXS or Tears for Fears had in their own library, but the b-sides and the filler songs Depeche Mode created was a cut above the rest. Over time, I had to realize and admit that Depeche Mode never released an album that didn't have at least one truly amazing song on it, and so they became my favorite band of quantity.

Orgy - Fiend
    If Korn represents my love of hard rock sounds and Depeche Mode represents my love of dance music and electronica, then Orgy is the perfect blend of the two styles. They represent an update to the 80's synth music I grew up with and loved combined with the 90's hard rock riffs and ugly noises into one cohesive style.

Goodness me, this is difficult. Just this morning I was reassessing what my Top 10 albums would be, after realising that PJ Harvey's Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea had to be in there....

For songs, though:

Tom Petty - American Dream Plan B - I've loved Tom Petty ever since I grew up with my dad playing the Full Moon Fever cassette tape in the car, and pretty much every album he's produced since then has been amazing, but I really love the crunchy guitars and barely repressed anger on this one, which is the opening track of his excellent last album, Hypnotic Eye.

The White Stripes - Black Math - Come on guys. That squealing guitar solo. Incredible.

The Raveonettes - Sleepwalking - The Raveonettes are a Danish duo, based in New York, who've got some amazing, feedback-heavy stuff which has a really retro vibe while being definitely part of the garage rock wave. Sleepwalking's just an amazing track; can't really even say why I love it so much!

But there's so much else... darn you Jack, why did you have to say only three???
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Wow, I'm surprised several people are responding---I mean, I myself just can't pick THREE top favorite songs out of all of music. There's country, there's pop, there's Disney, there's Muppets, there's Christmas, there's soundtracks, there's classical choral works...

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I'll start it off.First up, maybe the saddest song ever sung
    I would have to say that title goes to Reba McEntire's "She Thinks His Name Was John".
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised several people are responding---I mean, I myself just can't pick THREE top favorite songs out of all of music. There's country, there's pop, there's Disney, there's Muppets, there's Christmas, there's soundtracks, there's classical choral works...
    Fair point... it's less than 12 hours later and I'm already reconsidering my choices......
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, I'm surprised several people are responding---I mean, I myself just can't pick THREE top favorite songs out of all of music. There's country, there's pop, there's Disney, there's Muppets, there's Christmas, there's soundtracks, there's classical choral works
    Yeah, man, I'd be hard pressed to come up with my top 3 Zeppelin or Rush songs let alone top 3 out of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Fair point... it's less than 12 hours later and I'm already reconsidering my choices......
    Yeah, my hubby was like 'How can you pick THREE songs?!?' Music is so important. I have memories that are more vivid if they are tied to a song or music.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I only have one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

And I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I only have one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

And I'm sorry.
    I knew what it was even before I clicked - LOL!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Yeah, my hubby was like 'How can you pick THREE songs?!?' Music is so important. I have memories that are more vivid if they are tied to a song or music.
    Agree with your husband. Not even sure how to narrow it down to 100 songs much less 3.

I used to agonize over what to listen to so now I’ve leaned to love the shuffle and surprise myself. Probably doesn’t help I’m in the autistic spectrum and I struggle with being able to objectively rank intangible things like music.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Yeah, man, I'd be hard pressed to come up with my top 3 Zeppelin or Rush songs let alone top 3 out of everything.
    Yes, great point. Yeah, I too would be quite hard-pressed to come up with my 3 favorite songs by 1 artist alone, let alone the entire concept of music in the history of mankind.

(Mr. Jack, please don't take this as sarcastic or criticism---I'm just utterly amazed anyone can narrow music all the way down to 3 songs! lol :-) )
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Hard work and difficult choices are the point of this thread. But for all of us there were critical moments when a song touched us in a unique way that few ever have. All of my choices rip like a buzz saw to my heart and soul for reasons I won't share. But it's that visceral feeling that I think separates songs we love from songs that are an important and lasting part of our very essence.

Yes, great point. Yeah, I too would be quite hard-pressed to come up with my 3 favorite songs by 1 artist alone, let alone the entire concept of music in the history of mankind.

(Mr. Jack, please don't take this as sarcastic or criticism---I'm just utterly amazed anyone can narrow music all the way down to 3 songs! lol :-) )

My top three favorite songs are...

Number one is, 1981's In The Air Tonight: Phil Collins (I love how it starts of mellow... "I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord"... and gradually increases in intensity... "Well the hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
    It's no stranger to you and me"... then BOOM! Those drums and the song just fills me with something... "I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
    Well been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord.")... but I digress.

Number two is, 1980's Can You Feel It: The Jacksons (Just a bad as song from the Jackson's Triumph album about unity, human and racial harmony etc. Great song and the video was awesome for the time especially looking back. It was after/during the success of Michael's solo Off The Wall album and before the mega success of Thriller.)

Number three is, 1984's Erotic City: Prince and Sheila E (A good old fun song full of sexually charged lyrics, I love it.)

An honorable mention to 1986's, The Touch: Stan Bush (Ever since I first heard it in Transformers The Movie, it stuck with me ever since. This song just gets in your blood and if you know the words it really makes you feel as if the song is about you at that moment. You feel like you can do anything.... anything legal that is.)
    "I was born in the 70s, and I'm a child of the 80s."

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    "Dare to Be Stupid" by "Weird Al" Yankovic. I'm a big fan of Al and this might be the best song he ever wrote.

"Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz. This song never gets skipped when my phone's on shuffle.

Tied for third: "Cantaloop" by Us3 and "Would You...?" by Touch and Go, both for the trumpets: smooth and jazzy from Us3 and "I dare you not to dance to this" energy from T&G.

By the way, this is the only country music song worth your time.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    I dunno If I can really definitively pick only three songs.

But I will showcase three songs I continually go back to again and again from my favorite band (The Mr. T Experience) which will narrow it down a little bit.

So starting out we'll go with "Perhaps".
    Why do I continually go back to this one so much? Well, Dr. Frank really gives a sobering realism to everything.
    I suffer from Depression, and often times it's hard to see things for what they really are when there's a blinder on
    tainting everything I see with a filter. Lines like "Sometimes even victims of injustice must admit that something might have been
    their fault." give clarity. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have "Tomorrow Is A Harsh Mistress" A song about a person
    who tries their damndest to escape everything that could be potentially unpleasant or even painful. Although it isn't expressly said in the lyrics, it is implied that a constant run of hurt, mental anguish, and general heartache has beaten down the narrator to the point that they can't take any more of it. Over the course of my life I've definitely had many times where I would rather shut off emotionally
    than deal with the trials in front of me. And regrettably, I've missed opportunities because I was convinced that they would not be pleasant successes but soul-crushing failures. The song is played
    rather tongue-in-cheek but there have definitely been periods in my life where would a show or film be made about them it could easily be the theme song.

"F*@#$% up on life" came at about the right time for me. I was going through a lot internally. I often shifted between feeling isolated, even when around people and feeling pointless. I was pathetically still trying to get over someone and also worrying about someone else's welfare more than I probably should have. Basically, when I wasn't feeling inadequate I was feeling alone. When I wasn't feeling alone
    I was feeling confused. When The Mr. T Experience released "Yesterday Rules" their tour actually came to the space in Hamden CT. I went to the show with a coworker, and even though the band was sick with a cold they played
    their set anyway. It was the best show I'd ever gone to. Dr. Frank rarely writes autobiographically, but it's one of those songs where I felt like he'd been in my head for the latter part of a decade upon hearing it.
    And while I'm in a far better headspace today than I've ever been, whenever I remember those times I hear this one a lot.

And I can't help but go with a runner up. "Sackcloth And Ashes" is a song I think most of us can relate to. When you have a relationship end poorly, it can be hard to get your confidence back.
    It can be hard to stop replaying everything over in your head wondering if you could have done something differently to make things work outright. Or worse, you can become bitter
    and constantly feeling like everyone is going to betray you the same way that they did. Leading you to isolate yourself, and cut yourself off from a potentially good thing with someone who
    might appreciate you for who you are despite your many faults. Moving on is a process, but along that process we can actually miss out on many opportunities and positive things if we let ourselves
    become a slave to the pain of a broken heart. This is that journey in a 3 minute jam.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

WHO is the gal is the Mr. T Experience photo?! That alone, without listening to anything, is enough to make it one of my top 3 favorite songs!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I dunno If I can really definitively pick only three songs.

But I will showcase three songs I continually go back to again and again from my favorite band (The Mr. T Experience) which will narrow it down a little bit.

So starting out we'll go with "Perhaps".
    Why do I continually go back to this one so much? Well, Dr. Frank really gives a sobering realism to everything.
    I suffer from Depression, and often times it's hard to see things for what they really are when there's a blinder on
    tainting everything I see with a filter. Lines like "Sometimes even victims of injustice must admit that something might have been
    their fault." give clarity. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

https://youtu.be/SWwdNe0Y1uU

On the other end of the spectrum, we have "Tomorrow Is A Harsh Mistress" A song about a person
    who tries their damndest to escape everything that could be potentially unpleasant or even painful. Although it isn't expressly said in the lyrics, it is implied that a constant run of hurt, mental anguish, and general heartache has beaten down the narrator to the point that they can't take any more of it. Over the course of my life I've definitely had many times where I would rather shut off emotionally
    than deal with the trials in front of me. And regrettably, I've missed opportunities because I was convinced that they would not be pleasant successes but soul-crushing failures. The song is played
    rather tongue-in-cheek but there have definitely been periods in my life where would a show or film be made about them it could easily be the theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXUmKuvCvU

"F*@#$% up on life" came at about the right time for me. I was going through a lot internally. I often shifted between feeling isolated, even when around people and feeling pointless. I was pathetically still trying to get over someone and also worrying about someone else's welfare more than I probably should have. Basically, when I wasn't feeling inadequate I was feeling alone. When I wasn't feeling alone
    I was feeling confused. When The Mr. T Experience released "Yesterday Rules" their tour actually came to the space in Hamden CT. I went to the show with a coworker, and even though the band was sick with a cold they played
    their set anyway. It was the best show I'd ever gone to. Dr. Frank rarely writes autobiographically, but it's one of those songs where I felt like he'd been in my head for the latter part of a decade upon hearing it.
    And while I'm in a far better headspace today than I've ever been, whenever I remember those times I hear this one a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=282Z4-qIMTs

And I can't help but go with a runner up. "Sackcloth And Ashes" is a song I think most of us can relate to. When you have a relationship end poorly, it can be hard to get your confidence back.
    It can be hard to stop replaying everything over in your head wondering if you could have done something differently to make things work outright. Or worse, you can become bitter
    and constantly feeling like everyone is going to betray you the same way that they did. Leading you to isolate yourself, and cut yourself off from a potentially good thing with someone who
    might appreciate you for who you are despite your many faults. Moving on is a process, but along that process we can actually miss out on many opportunities and positive things if we let ourselves
    become a slave to the pain of a broken heart. This is that journey in a 3 minute jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dJD666dM1A
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 27, 2019 at 04:39pm.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    http://www.doktorfrank.com/archives/...s_dead_is.html

Lookout! Records published mostly pop-punk records, along with some indie alternative bands near the end of its run. Chris Appelgren often went to find some unorthodox sources
    to create album covers. "Songs About Girls" is one of the taglines the band famously used to use back in the day. In the case of "Love Is Dead" he altered an old magazine ad for a soap product.
    Other albums used stock footage, while some had wholly original art. Their original record had a cartoon of Mr. T holding the band in his fist (the story of his discovery of the band is a long, and ultimately entertaining one)
    Making Things With Light would see them use an actual lite brite kit to make the cover. And The Women Who Love Them had a minimalist paper cut out style.
    Nevertheless, I still tell anyone who will listen to check them out. These days Dr. Frank writes novels, but since he came from the punk rock scene of the late '80s to mid 90's he writes albums that serve as OSTs to the novels
    The most recent one from a few years ago was King Dork Approximately, the sequel to his first book King Dork which was also the name of a 60's pop styled song he wrote that appeared on a couple of MTX albums.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Oh That's easy, Jack.....

This song mean a lot to me because I was visiting my old childhood town which turned into a city now, but the characteristic of the old town and my neighbors never fade out. Truly a great song if you're into Psychedelic Pop or Brian Wilson-ish composition.

This song restart and re-kick my feeling of loved and longing. I heard this song few days before I saw her in love at first sight. Totally bringing me good vibe and what my own version of love would be. Most of my love song are stated for her.

and my last song, still thinking of her but with that Outkast song? I listened both of the song (Outkast and this) during my "Winter holiday" and I don't get why I so hooked to this song, the answer was fast forwarding in March where I saw her for the first time. there was never a bad timing to love a song that locked on you.

So yeah, this 3 songs are the song that I never tired of listening of.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

"Georgia On My Mind", especially when sung by Ray Charles. It's not only a beautiful song, but also my State's anthem.

"Seven Spanish Angels" tells a beautiful, heart-wrenching story. Every time I hear it I see it in my mind.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man". This song describes pretty well how I try to live my life.

The one with the Alcatraz cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Oh That's easy, Jack.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5cz_C4_Uw

This song mean a lot to me because I was visiting my old childhood town which turned into a city now, but the characteristic of the old town and my neighbors never fade out. Truly a great song if you're into Psychedelic Pop or Brian Wilson-ish composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDDHA_t8WqQ

This song restart and re-kick my feeling of loved and longing. I heard this song few days before I saw her in love at first sight. Totally bringing me good vibe and what my own version of love would be. Most of my love song are stated for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9hWcx1_ZI

and my last song, still thinking of her but with that Outkast song? I listened both of the song (Outkast and this) during my "Winter holiday" and I don't get why I so hooked to this song, the answer was fast forwarding in March where I saw her for the first time. there was never a bad timing to love a song that locked on you.

So yeah, this 3 songs are the song that I never tired of listening of.
    - - - Updated - - -

Ray Charles? Georgia on My Mind? OMG! Someone finally posted a song I know! I'm such a freaking aging dinosaur. I don't know how you all put up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glggureA_Kk

"Georgia On My Mind", especially when sung by Ray Charles. It's not only a beautiful song, but also my State's anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8A9Y1Dq_cQ

"Seven Spanish Angels" tells a beautiful, heart-wrenching story. Every time I hear it I see it in my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5aPNxv-pU

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man". This song describes pretty well how I try to live my life.