Thread: Scareglow 1/6 scale figure from Mondo Toys

Updated October 31, 2019:

From Mondo:

Product name: Scareglow 1/6 Scale Figure

SRP: $185
    Edition Size: 900
    Ships: Approx. December
    Payment Plan Available

Cursed in life, frightening in death, and glowing in the darkness! Mondo is proud to bring you the next in our Masters of the Universe 1/6 scale figure line- Scareglow! Featuring over 30 points of articulation, removable/poseable fabric cape, GLOW IN THE DARK skeleton, Scythe of Doom, and more, Scareglow is the most terrifying figure this side of the 5 dimensions!

MONDO EXCLUSIVE: Scareglow is a Mondo Exclusive character, and only available direct from Mondo!

Figure includes:
    - Removable/poseable fabric cape
    - Scythe of Doom
    - 2 Short Bone Swords
    - Grayskull Relequiry w/ chain and cuff
    - Grayskull Key
    - 6 different interchangeable hands
    - Figure Stand

Artists:Ramirez Studios, Hector Arce, Joe Allard, Emiliano Santalucia, Tufan Sezer

Sales can start at any time, so click here to visit their store and pre-order yours while you have a chance!

-----------------

Oh, and lastly... October 31st. I think we're in for a treat!

Scareglow 1/6 scale figure from Mondo Toys

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

I would assume this has something to do with that secret Mondo MOTU figure they have been whispering about...maybe a scareglow?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    I would assume this has something to do with that secret Mondo MOTU figure they have been whispering about...maybe a scareglow?

Well, if it's not that and Crackers The Clown instead, that's gonna be a rotten trick, not a treat The MOTU equivalent of having your house toilet papered on Halloween night, I say. A razor blade in your apple, if you will. Rat poison in your Snickers bar! A flaming bag of poo left on your doorstep... etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Did they drop hints as to who the figure is or just say to look out?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Should we start placing bets on who the mystery figure is? I have three guesses:

1. Clawful. A while back, I saw Florian Bertmer post a random picture of a crab he had drawn on Instagram that looked like it could be part of a larger piece for the packaging. And on one of the podcasts he appeared on, Brock talked about how some of the monster characters have crossover appeal to MOTU fans, but also fans of creepy monster stuff in general.
    2. Fisto. This ups the ratio of good guys to bad guys, and Fisto is as good a character as anyone else.
    3. Ram Man. Brock has laid down a lot of Ram Man hate these past few months, and it’s possible the gentleman doth protest too much.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Should we start placing bets on who the mystery figure is? I have three guesses:

1. Clawful. A while back, I saw Florian Bertmer post a random picture of a crab he had drawn on Instagram that looked like it could be part of a larger piece for the packaging. And on one of the podcasts he appeared on, Brock talked about how some of the monster characters have crossover appeal to MOTU fans, but also fans of creepy monster stuff in general.
    2. Fisto. This ups the ratio of good guys to bad guys, and Fisto is as good a character as anyone else.
    3. Ram Man. Brock has laid down a lot of Ram Man hate these past few months, and it’s possible the gentleman doth protest too much.

Thoughts?
    I'm gonna say scareglow, it is Halloween after all and the body is the same as skeletor just molded in glow in the dark

Widget

Thoughts?
    Either of those would be good, but all the speculation seems to point to Scareglow.

I wonder how he will be released? Whether it’ll like usual, or only available for one day? Whether there’ll be a payment plan or we have to pay all in one go. It’s exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McHorde-Trooper View Post
    These look great!
    I'm curious though does having so many different figures in different runs in general make collecting difficult and make selling older figures less profitable?
    I don’t know if this answers your question, but with so many different lines (and limited money - for me at least) I have to decide early on what I want to invest in. For MOTU, the Mondo figures are the only ones I’m collecting. I love the look of them, and it was a line I could jump in to from the start.

I’m a massive Transformers fan, but when I was collecting them I gravitated towards the Masterpiece line for similar reasons - that being they seem more suited to adult collectors.

As for selling older figures, I think there’s always going to be a market for the vintage line, because it stopped years ago, so it’s finite and you are able to get the full run. I see that classics are also selling for a heavy mark up too, as as long as there is interest, people will buy. I don’t look at my collection to sell though, it just depresses me to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Either of those would be good, but all the speculation seems to point to Scareglow.
    That's true, but I think it was at Mondo's Power-Con panel that Brock said the secret figure wouldn't be who you thought. Scareglow seems obvious for Halloween, which makes me think it'll be someone else.

Orko for the mystery figure? Ya know he'll be "half priced" (insert rim shot sound here) anyone? anyone?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Orko for the mystery figure? Ya know he'll be "half priced" (insert rim shot sound here) anyone? anyone?

Yes! I’d be down for that! And your reasoning about it being a cheaper figure makes sense. I remember hearing Brock say that to fill Orko’s packaging out, they’d include a weapons rack.

Come on Halloween!!!

Hey @aca1raven2002 - I have only just realised that your 'Orko being half-priced' comment was a joke..... bit slow on the uptake there, sorry.
    Last edited by Jonno; October 3, 2019 at 06:07am.

Hi everyone! Back from various adventures. A few things to clarify- because we don't want everyone burnt our on various repaints, the Hot Topic Skeletor is the only "wider" release repaint we're doing in for the foreseeable future. The Designer Con version or "MOTUbi" version will be super duper limited (about 100pcs), as it's really meant for that D-Con/Sofubi crowd.

For the secret character, I do need to clarify that the drop will be on Oct. 31 for pre-order, but he'll be shipping about a month after. Should be here in time for X-Mas. We tried to do day and date, but the factory just couldn't get a figure with ramming action done in time. * But you'll still have him in time for your snow-playing adventures. Or sand, if you're in a place like Los Angeles.

*150% a joke

Quote Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
    Hi everyone! Back from various adventures. A few things to clarify- because we don't want everyone burnt our on various repaints, the Hot Topic Skeletor is the only "wider" release repaint we're doing in for the foreseeable future. The Designer Con version or "MOTUbi" version will be super duper limited (about 100pcs), as it's really meant for that D-Con/Sofubi crowd.

For the secret character, I do need to clarify that the drop will be on Oct. 31 for pre-order, but he'll be shipping about a month after. Should be here in time for X-Mas. We tried to do day and date, but the factory just couldn't get a figure with ramming action done in time. * But you'll still have him in time for your snow-playing adventures. Or sand, if you're in a place like Los Angeles.

*150% a joke
    Have you said if the Halloween drop is a new character or a repaint yet? Or is that a secret you're holding on to till the sale drops?

For the secret character, I do need to clarify that the drop will be on Oct. 31 for pre-order, but he'll be shipping about a month after. Should be here in time for X-Mas.
    Oooh, Santa Adam from the Christmas Special!!!

We tried to do day and date, but the factory just couldn't get a figure with ramming action done in time.
    No, wait... Fisto!!!

But you'll still have him in time for your snow-playing adventures.
    A-ha... It must be Icer!

Or sand, if you're in a place like Los Angeles.
    Oooh... Nepthu?!?!

Nah, I'm gonna stick with my original guess(es) of it being someone/something spooky... Scareglow, Batros, or Shokoti.

Heroic Warrior
    Ramming action? Hmmm. The other day I was think I ng watch all you are naming who can it be and I was like bet it's a Halloween skelly lol. But brock just clarified there won't be repaints often so that and the xmas skelly I heard about probably ain't true. Even if it was a Halloween skelly and a xmas one at xmas I'd be ok with it cause I wouldn't be obligated to biy and it would be a take it or leave it item. This ramming action got my brain thinking ram man. But that can't be right. What has ramming action aside from ramman?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Ramming action? Hmmm. The other day I was think I ng watch all you are naming who can it be and I was like bet it's a Halloween skelly lol. But brock just clarified there won't be repaints often so that and the xmas skelly I heard about probably ain't true. Even if it was a Halloween skelly and a xmas one at xmas I'd be ok with it cause I wouldn't be obligated to biy and it would be a take it or leave it item. This ramming action got my brain thinking ram man. But that can't be right. What has ramming action aside from ramman?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    It was a joke.

*150% a joke
    Brock, is Man-At-Arms going up for presale this year or next?

For the secret character, I do need to clarify that the drop will be on Oct. 31 for pre-order, but he'll be shipping about a month after. Should be here in time for X-Mas. We tried to do day and date, but the factory just couldn't get a figure with ramming action done in time. *
    Ramming action! It's definitely got to be Stinkor, no one rams like the Stink-Man...

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Ramming action! It's definitely got to be Stinkor, no one rams like the Stink-Man...
    Fisto...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Fisto...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Pffft...Fisto?! He's got nothing on the powerful punch that Stinkor's brewing...

*150% a joke

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    I just a have a "Black and Orange" suspicion that the Halloween figure will be... Stinkor.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep-MOTUC-alive View Post
    I just a have a "Black and Orange" suspicion that the Halloween figure will be... Stinkor.
    I like the way you think! Let's hope come Halloween we're all "Feeling the Stink!".

Um, hmmmm...I'll work on my phrasing maybe... 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Have you said if the Halloween drop is a new character or a repaint yet? Or is that a secret you're holding on to till the sale drops?
    It's a new bro my bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Brock, is Man-At-Arms going up for presale this year or next?

Early next year. We're in deep dev with him, as we're making sure that the wait between pre-order and delivery is very short.

Widget
    [QUOTE=brockotter;3859013]It's a new bro my bro.

Two uses of the word 'bro' in the same sentence? I'm saying it's a clue, and the Halloween figure is Two-bad. For sure.

I'm definitely hoping for Scareglow, too: He makes the most sense for a Halloween release. Him or Hordak, really.

I'm definitely curious to see some female characters in the line, though. Also glad to hear that Mondo isn't going to go crazy with variants, particularly with a line at this price.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"