Thread: Greetings from Holland/the Netherlands

Widget

Greetings from Holland/the Netherlands

Hi everybody,

Greetings from the cold and wet lands of Europe.

I've recently been reintroduced to the wonderfull world of eternia thanks to a bunch of youtube videos by someone named Pixel Dan and i was hoping to find like minded people and some advice on how to get some of the upcomming lines into my country.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! Dan's videos are the best.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Casual euro fan!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello!! Welcome to the community!! It's always great to hear from the the fans in Europe and it's cool that Pixel Dan's videos got you back into the world of MOTU!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Widget
    Thanks,

I'm not sure if i should post this here or in some other sub sectionof the forum, please let me know and i will edit&repost this somewhere else.

I'm only a casual collector and got into this again because i initially wanted a He-man and Skeletor on my desk, a replica or newer version, sadly, i was far to late for the subscription model (club greyskull?)
    Thanks to Dan's video, i had my eyes set on the classics heman and skeletor (the one with extra keldor head and cape?) But nearly had an heart attack when i saw the prices on ebay and learned what would be added due to shipping, taxes and import fees.
    Even a 1 headed, out of the packaging, no accesories clasics he-man with bitemarks for a 150 bucks???
    So i was happy to see super 7 take over, only to miss 2 of the classics reissues
    It kinda drove me to mondo, a 170 is still better then the ebay prices for the motu classics. Remember, due to shipping and taxes prices can go up to 320+ dollar.

But anyways, i was actually here to ask for advice.
    After contacting Mattel Europe, they told me the mega construx line will be sold in Europe starting fall 2020, sadly so late
    They however managed to tell me that the origins line will not be imported, due to a lack of demand in Europe
    So i was wondering, how are people getting their mega construx line in europe, i don't like the 400+ pricetag on a castle greyskull (now that it is still in stores, i assume prices will skyrocket after that). I fear that prices will explode again on ebay/amazon and put the entire origins line out of reach.
    Wich is kinda sad, for the 14,95 pricetag, i was planning to buy 2 coppies of each, 1 for myself, 1 for my grandchild, maybe a third copy for some figures.
    When the origins line was anounced, i needed to have a SDCC Adam&He-man 2 pack, wich was sold for a 40 bucks on the Mattel website but after spamming F5 on their webstore, all i saw was: sold out
    On ebay, the cheapest one was a 179 dollar, roughly 250 bucks with all the added costs, for what a couple of monts ago was a 40 bucks or 60-80 bucks at best.
    I managed to find 1 person willing to split with it for 80 bucks, only because i knew him from playing an mmo with him for a decade, sadly, he won't be of any other use when it comes to shipping motu stuff

How are people in Europe dealing with these prices?
    Is there some kind of way to buy of wallmart when you don't live in the USA?
    Now that Mattel basicaly said: no motu origins for Europe, how are you getting this line (if at all).

In our fan clubs whats app group we have someone who does a lot of lego building and was looking foreward to the mega constux line, when he saw the emails from Mattel, he contacted some sellers on a chinese website, they could start shipping all the mega construx playsets wind raider and greyskull) in brown boxes without figures or instructions (you get them in pdf format) for 8,95 and 39,95 repctively by the end of the year.
    Shipped from spanish and hungarian warehouses within the EU (so no insane shipping fees and such).
    Not that different from the lego clone, the perfectly recreated lepin millenium falcon, that was sold for roughly a 150 bucks instead of the base 850 or 2K! On ebay

Now i personaly don't buy these, i rather support the origional release but if mattel doesn't want to import these or delays them heavily, i can certainly understand why some reach for " other" means.
    If Mattel refuses to ship to Europe, how long until the chinese market does see a demand and floods the market with knock offs? I have seen picture perfect versions of the classics he-man that a whats app groupmember bought for 8 bucks from a chinese store. And yes, that included shipping from china!

Anyways, i'm looking foreward to any advice on these "Euro" price issues and your thoughts on getting the origins line in Europe

Welcome to the forums!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page