Thread: Odd or incorrect mini comic/ figure combos

Heroic Warrior

Odd or incorrect mini comic/ figure combos

I was wondering how common it was for the wrong minicomic to be packed in with a figure. Reason I ask is because a few years ago I purchased a moc 12 back skeletor without the "original" banner. It was a plain front non yellow "original" burst/banner skeletor that had a 12 back that came with a siege of avion minicomic. As far as I know, the avion comic should come with stratos and should have come out in 1984.. but in 1984 a skeletor figure would either have the "original" banner or would be a battle damage skeletor...what gives??
    Last edited by He-loser; November 9, 2019 at 10:49am.

You're absolutely right, He-loser. I've seen many MOTU figures that were packaged with wrong minicomics. For example, the Slave City! minicomic was packaged with Zodac and Orko even though they were not in it. It could have been packaged with He-Man, though.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

There is no “correct” comic for many of the first several waves of figures (as well as some later waves too). There are usually several different combinations of comics that could come with each figure. I have owned at least 3 moc Skeletors over the years like you describe with the Siege of Avion mini-comic. I still have one of them.

There are transition cards for He-Man and Skeletor between the “8 back” and “the original” burst cards from this year. They have no burst on them but are 12 backs. The comic that came with each varies.
    Last edited by suckator; November 10, 2019 at 04:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    Just concerned at the authenticity of said figure. As from what I've read the Avion comic is 84' while packaging is post 8 back non "original" 12 back..which would have been earlier 1983..figure and package looks legit otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    Just concerned at the authenticity of said figure. As from what I've read the Avion comic is 84' while packaging is post 8 back non "original" 12 back..which would have been earlier 1983..figure and package looks legit otherwise
    Can You post a picture? Easier to answer with a visual