Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New FUNKO MOTU coming in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    How about a re-release of the original MOTU pops for those of us who can't afford to shell out 160+ on ebad

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I'm one of the idiots who is incredibly late to the joys of Funko. Same with Thundercats. I would also like to get my hands on a Ram-Man at an un-absurd price.

Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    I would like to see larger scale figures to scale with the smaller ones, maybe tytus or shadow beast. Like the way they did with hagrid or Andre the giant.
    That would be really cool, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm hard-pressed to think of a "giant" MOTU character that isn't really obscure to the general public. And speaking of Andre the Giant, I'm still really mad that we never got a Fezzik in the Princess Bride line. It's inconceivable.

How about a re-release of the original MOTU pops for those of us who can't afford to shell out 160+ on ebad
    FUNKO almost never re-releases old molds. Our best bet is that they eventually do new molds of those early figures. The good thing is, whenever they do new molds, they are always more detailed and vastly superior to the original ones. The original Big Bang Theory POPs are worth a mint on the after-market, but the newer ones they just put out look worlds better than the old ones.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    That would be really cool, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm hard-pressed to think of a "giant" MOTU character that isn't really obscure to the general public. And speaking of Andre the Giant, I'm still really mad that we never got a Fezzik in the Princess Bride line. It's inconceivable.

FUNKO almost never re-releases old molds. Our best bet is that they eventually do new molds of those early figures. The good thing is, whenever they do new molds, they are always more detailed and vastly superior to the original ones. The original Big Bang Theory POPs are worth a mint on the after-market, but the newer ones they just put out look worlds better than the old ones.
    Fezzik could still happen!

And I like that there are older, rarer, harder to get Pops...that's part of the fun...but I'm pretty happy with the BA versions of He-Man and Skeletor; definitely superior and my preferred versions anyways. Of course I may one day try to trade or sell stuff to get the older ones, like I did for Spikor...he's glorious!

Heroic Warrior
    I have the original He-Man and Skeletor chilling in my Detolf, never felt the desire to get more. If they make a cool Teela I might go back and get the Evil-Lyn as well, but these things don't hold much interest for me.

EOtnItkU8AETyfm.jpg

Images released by Funko today! The Skeletor is a 10" figure, as previously rumored.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    OMG

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    These look great and all, but I have one question. Where in the hell is TEELA?!
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope these are easily obtainable and not another ram man & scare glow incident.

Gotta get dat Sorceress

I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They looks great, Webstor, Prince Adam, Mosquitor and Tung Lashor are my favourites. The 10" Skeletor! I must have that
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I just hope these are easily obtainable and not another ram man & scare glow incident.

Gotta get dat Sorceress

From what I understand with this announcement, these are all general release. I wouldn't be surprised if Skeletor was a store exclusive though. A lot of the 10" POPs end up at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    From what I understand with this announcement, these are all general release. I wouldn't be surprised if Skeletor was a store exclusive though. A lot of the 10" POPs end up at Target.
    Should even be available for pre-order with various online retailers when they're officially announced today.

And I have seen a lot more common 10 " Pops, so Skeletor might be as well...I hope so, but we'll see!

I think Sy-Klone and Webstor are my favorites from this batch.

Heroic Warrior
    I def need all of these. have they given a relative release date yet

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Should even be available for pre-order with various online retailers when they're officially announced today.

And I have seen a lot more common 10 " Pops, so Skeletor might be as well...I hope so, but we'll see!
    Yup, common! Pop In A Box has them all available to pre-order (listing them for June 2020)...and they'll be plenty more stores showing them soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently Hot Topic will have the only Exclusive for the line, a Metallic Webstor.
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

So, Super7 has to cancel their MOTUC CC & CG, MOTU Reaction, and MOTU Vintage lines, but Mondo and Funko get to keep making whatever? What crap.

Sy-Klone, Webstor, He-Man on Battle-Cat and Skeletor will be mine.

Ha, the Funko choices have been deliciously random since they put Spikor in with the big hitters in wave one.
    I mean Mosquitor before Leech/Mantenna/Grizzlor is weird, but before Teela and Tri-Klops? Kinda awesome.
    I suspect it has to do with one of the Funko CEOs being into MotU and picking his favourites.

Great that these are general release but itís such a bummer that I will probably never own Ram Man or Scare-Glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I was a Funko virgin until recently. The things are pretty addictive. Although I haven't fallen into the trap of getting ones based on properties I have no affinity for whatsoever, and instead just getting them because I happen to like the figure. So I'm pretty much only getting Star Wars and MOTU ones, with maybe a few others here and there. I donít know about anyone else, but I find myself more drawn to the non-human characters of each property.
    Yes absolutely! Non human characters are where Pops shine. The Sesame Street Pops are my all time faves.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

New FUNKO MOTU coming in 2020

Iíve got (I think) all the bad guys except original Skeletor and Scare Glow (dagnab exclusive malarkey), so Iím definitely into Webstor (oops, just checked. I also missed Spikor and Stinkor). Probably going to get giant Skeletor but would prefer a reissue of the original one. He-Man on Battlecat is amazing; I ended up with a few heroes as a gift but I donít feel compelled to collect any more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    So, Super7 has to cancel their MOTUC CC & CG, MOTU Reaction, and MOTU Vintage lines, but Mondo and Funko get to keep making whatever? What crap.
    Agreed, but we can still hope!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post

Mattel is making action figures which is why they have stopped Super7 from making them for the time being. The stuff from Funko, Monogram etc aren't action figures, they're collectibles, keychains and blind boxes. I'm glad they're still producing lines, they have a larger reach than Super7 and can bring in casual or new fans.

Mondo are high end collectibles, similar to the Sideshow ones, I imagine they will continue.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Someone needs to keep an eye on Pixel Dan, to make sure he doesn't buy all the Mosquitors.

funko is wise to never release all the heavy hitters at once when they release their waves. keep it loose!

although they have included the top tier of figures mostly, some are still absent and it will be healthier for the line to go forward

(pretty sure i listed every figure they've released in some shape or form)

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man
    Orko
    Hordak
    She-ra
    Faker
    Scare Glow
    Trap-Jaw
    MAA
    Spikor
    Ram Man
    Evil Lyn
    Moss Man
    Stratos
    Buzz Off
    BA He-Man
    BA Skelly
    Sorceress
    Webstor
    Tung Lashor
    Mosquitor
    He-Man II
    Battle Cat
    Price Adam
    Stinkor
    Sy-Clone

Some obvious missing characters not done yet are

Teela
    Tri-Klops
    Man-E -Faces
    Regular Hordak

i'm sure a new SDCC figure will be released this summer like Mekaneck
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Widget
    A2623561-E24D-47C3-9C21-2B2A9326BDFB.jpegCF17D744-C123-42F5-AD0C-97A29205D8D5.jpeg7F521A19-2588-4E8A-8317-9F9AD8C541C3.jpeg

Posting from my phone so I donít know how these images will come up. Was told a release of August/September for these. Itís a shame He-Manís sword was already broken!
    Attached Images Attached Images