Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New FUNKO MOTU on the Horizon?!

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    How about a re-release of the original MOTU pops for those of us who can't afford to shell out 160+ on ebad

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I'm one of the idiots who is incredibly late to the joys of Funko. Same with Thundercats. I would also like to get my hands on a Ram-Man at an un-absurd price.

Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    I would like to see larger scale figures to scale with the smaller ones, maybe tytus or shadow beast. Like the way they did with hagrid or Andre the giant.
    That would be really cool, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm hard-pressed to think of a "giant" MOTU character that isn't really obscure to the general public. And speaking of Andre the Giant, I'm still really mad that we never got a Fezzik in the Princess Bride line. It's inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    How about a re-release of the original MOTU pops for those of us who can't afford to shell out 160+ on ebad
    FUNKO almost never re-releases old molds. Our best bet is that they eventually do new molds of those early figures. The good thing is, whenever they do new molds, they are always more detailed and vastly superior to the original ones. The original Big Bang Theory POPs are worth a mint on the after-market, but the newer ones they just put out look worlds better than the old ones.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    That would be really cool, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm hard-pressed to think of a "giant" MOTU character that isn't really obscure to the general public. And speaking of Andre the Giant, I'm still really mad that we never got a Fezzik in the Princess Bride line. It's inconceivable.

FUNKO almost never re-releases old molds. Our best bet is that they eventually do new molds of those early figures. The good thing is, whenever they do new molds, they are always more detailed and vastly superior to the original ones. The original Big Bang Theory POPs are worth a mint on the after-market, but the newer ones they just put out look worlds better than the old ones.
    Fezzik could still happen!

And I like that there are older, rarer, harder to get Pops...that's part of the fun...but I'm pretty happy with the BA versions of He-Man and Skeletor; definitely superior and my preferred versions anyways. Of course I may one day try to trade or sell stuff to get the older ones, like I did for Spikor...he's glorious!

Heroic Warrior
    I have the original He-Man and Skeletor chilling in my Detolf, never felt the desire to get more. If they make a cool Teela I might go back and get the Evil-Lyn as well, but these things don't hold much interest for me.