Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: New FUNKO MOTU on the Horizon?!

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior aca1raven2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    178

    New FUNKO MOTU on the Horizon?!

    https://twitter.com/pop_o_cIock/stat...46269812969472


    COMING SOON: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Funko Pop!
    - He-Man
    - Prince Adam
    - Tung Lasher
    - Webstor
    - Sy Klone
    - Sorceress
    - Mosquitor
    - Pop! Rides: He-Man on Battle Cat
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    https://twitter.com/pop_o_cIock/stat...46269812969472


    COMING SOON: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Funko Pop!
    - He-Man
    - Prince Adam
    - Tung Lasher
    - Webstor
    - Sy Klone
    - Sorceress
    - Mosquitor
    - Pop! Rides: He-Man on Battle Cat
    Could it... could it be true?!

    I love my MOTU Pops... they translate so well, lots of fun.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior aca1raven2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    178
    Just saw this
    https://twitter.com/pop_o_cIock/stat...48936970924032


    Emerald City Comic Con Exclusive He-Man is on the way!

    ECCC 2020 is Thu, Mar 12, 2020 – Sun, Mar 15, 2020
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

  4. #4
    Widget trap-grr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kilmarnock, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    24
    This will be great, but is it confirmed? And will they be exclusives? Exclusives kills the pop line for me, I don't care if it is some crappie repaint but when it's a previously unreleased character, that stings not being able to get it or only pay over the odds on the bay.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN.
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    This will be great, but is it confirmed? And will they be exclusives? Exclusives kills the pop line for me, I don't care if it is some crappie repaint but when it's a previously unreleased character, that stings not being able to get it or only pay over the odds on the bay.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Funko is really good with most exclusives. Most are offered other ways like their site or making it also available as a store exclusive (with different exclusive sticker! Summer con instead of sdcc, etc to make both versions unique.)
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

    I'm Bacccck!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Funko is really good with most exclusives. Most are offered other ways like their site or making it also available as a store exclusive (with different exclusive sticker! Summer con instead of sdcc, etc to make both versions unique.)
    And Funko have really increased production for most of their exclusives... upsetting some people but...eh, they'd also complain bitterly if it was too hard to get (bots, flippers, no fair) .

  7. #7
    Court Magician ZootyCutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    68
    Glad they're finally dipping into the Horde for characters! Crossing my fingers that Mantenna eventually gets a Pop!

  8. #8
    Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN.
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    And Funko have really increased production for most of their exclusives... upsetting some people but...eh, they'd also complain bitterly if it was too hard to get (bots, flippers, no fair) .
    Very true. However due to the different stickers the actual ones with con stickers are usually worth much more.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

    I'm Bacccck!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,481
    This is great news if true. I finally get a Webstor pop!

    Interesting to see this Pop line is called "He-Man and the MOTU", the previous ones was just MOTU.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  10. #10
    Widget
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Excellent news. Was very disappointed when the rumours of no more MOTU Pops was going around.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,771
    If there are more Funko Pop on the horizon for MOTU, I don't understand why we aren't getting characters like Tri-Klops, Teela, Man-E-Faces, etc., over much more obscure characters like Mosquitor and Sy-Klone. At any rate, still pleased to hear there are more coming.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    If there are more Funko Pop on the horizon for MOTU, I don't understand why we aren't getting characters like Tri-Klops, Teela, Man-E-Faces, etc., over much more obscure characters like Mosquitor and Sy-Klone. At any rate, still pleased to hear there are more coming.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That is true, I think we'll see a Teela pretty soon. I like the randomness of the Pops so far, some of the other series - Pint Size Heroes, Loyal Subjects etc, always do the same core group of heroes and villains in the first series, it can get kind of boring, it's nice to see some variety with less known characters coming out.

    Even the Monogram Keyrings coming next year are doing the same core characters.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,973
    Looking forward to Webstor, Sy-Klone and Mosquitor.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,876
    I like Funko POPs, but they lost me on collecting the MOTU POPs when they decided to make Stinkor, Scare Glow, and especially Ram Man impossible to purchase. If my collection is going to have glaring holes like those, then I'm not going to bother collecting them as a whole. I have a few of the key ones that I liked -- He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Moss Man, and Orko -- but I'll only be picking up one or two others if I like the looks of them and pass on the rest.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    That is true, I think we'll see a Teela pretty soon. I like the randomness of the Pops so far, some of the other series - Pint Size Heroes, Loyal Subjects etc, always do the same core group of heroes and villains in the first series, it can get kind of boring, it's nice to see some variety with less known characters coming out.

    Even the Monogram Keyrings coming next year are doing the same core characters.
    As a big Tri-Klops fan (he's my favorite character), I just get annoyed that this fairly core character always seems to get left out of stuff like this.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,973
    I was a Funko virgin until recently. The things are pretty addictive. Although I haven't fallen into the trap of getting ones based on properties I have no affinity for whatsoever, and instead just getting them because I happen to like the figure. So I'm pretty much only getting Star Wars and MOTU ones, with maybe a few others here and there. I don’t know about anyone else, but I find myself more drawn to the non-human characters of each property.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    As a big Tri-Klops fan (he's my favorite character), I just get annoyed that this fairly core character always seems to get left out of stuff like this.
    Tri-Klops is my favorite MOTU character as well. He's the only one of the core group of Evil Warriors that FUNKO hasn't touched yet. I'm glad Loyal Subjects didn't ignore him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I find myself more drawn to the non-human characters of each property.
    Absolutely. One of the big drawbacks to the standard FUNKO POP design is that they are pretty strict in their approach to the shapes of figures' heads, eyes, noses, and (usually lack of) mouth. For human characters, this can lead to a bit of "sameyness" / blandness in their designs. With some human figures it's really hard to tell who they even are. The non-humans fare better in the line (design-wise) because they can typically be more distinctive.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Very true. However due to the different stickers the actual ones with con stickers are usually worth much more.
    Sure, and I do like my stickers, but it only matters to me if I had actually gone to the con.

    I'm not going to quite allow myself to believe these new ones are coming but...definitely hoping and looking forward to finding out!

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Alright...I just saw further confirmation of this new wave.

    NOT official yet but...I'll give in to the hype, at least a little*.

    *A LOT!!!!

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Alright...I just saw further confirmation of this new wave.

    NOT official yet but...I'll give in to the hype, at least a little*.

    *A LOT!!!!
    Is this what you're referring to? Its been doing the rounds on Twitter. Does Skeletor 10in mean a ten-inch Skeletor POP figure?


  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior ersatz.kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Is this what you're referring to? Its been doing the rounds on Twitter. Does Skeletor 10in mean a ten-inch Skeletor POP figure?

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJxnjd6XkAAQxHV.jpg:large
    That's it! And yes it does...if true, the biggest question is which Skeletor will they super-size?

    I love Battle Armour Skeletor but since I don't have the original Skeletor from the first wave, that would be my choice. Either way though...it's all good news to me!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,481
    Awesome news, pretty much confirmed, hopefully we should start seeing photos in the coming weeks then, and like the last wave, they should be out early next year.

    I'm really liking the sound of a Giant Skeletor Pop, they should definitely do the original, as it's been years since the first one came out.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Does Skeletor 10in mean a ten-inch Skeletor POP figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm really liking the sound of a Giant Skeletor Pop, they should definitely do the original, as it's been years since the first one came out.
    It's so funny. The other day I was looking at the giant Funko POPs at Target and thinking, "Who would want POPs this big?" and then I immediately thought, "I'd buy one if it was MOTU." Skeletor would be the perfect choice for this format and would actually make a nice collection centerpiece. I really hope this happens!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  24. #24
    Widget trap-grr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kilmarnock, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It's so funny. The other day I was looking at the giant Funko POPs at Target and thinking, "Who would want POPs this big?" and then I immediately thought, "I'd buy one if it was MOTU." Skeletor would be the perfect choice for this format and would actually make a nice collection centerpiece. I really hope this happens!
    I would like to see larger scale figures to scale with the smaller ones, maybe tytus or shadow beast. Like the way they did with hagrid or Andre the giant.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior aca1raven2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth 616
    Posts
    178
    How about a re-release of the original MOTU pops for those of us who can't afford to shell out 160+ on ebad

    Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •