Thread: She Ra dolls: two different necks

Heroic Warrior

She Ra dolls: two different necks

I remember some of my dolls had a barbie like neck.
    They looked prettier.

I never saw pics of them again.
    Why did they have two different necks?

It breaks down to "First Year" and "Second Year" releases.

The Standard Princess of Power Figures from 1985 (She-Ra, Glimmer, Frosta, Angella, Castaspella, and Catra, but NOT Bow, Double Trouble, or Kowl, of course) had the fixed knob neck joint, which allowed their heads to turn only left and right.

In 1986, the style was upgraded, to the swivel neck knob that You remember. Most of the Dolls released this year sported this more graceful and comely articulation, which allowed added up and down movement, and even side-to-side tilting capability. This includes Perfuma, Flutterina, Mermista, Peekablue, and Scratchin' Sound Catra. Starburst She-Ra had this new neck too, but only as a running change. The earliest Starburst She-Ras had the previous year's neck knob. SweetBee and Entrapta, having used re-deced torso sculpts from Year One Catra and Castaspella, respectively, of course had the earlier neck knobs, too.

And then, most of the figures released in 1987 (Bubble Power She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, Netossa and Spinnerella, but NOT Loo-Kee!) used existing sculpts (Netossa used Peekablue's, Spinnerella used Flutterina's), so these all featured the upgraded neck articulation, too.

Hope this helps. :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    Wow very very much

Yet I only see the old ones . The fixed knob.

I hardly find pics from the other version
    Do you pics for comparison?