Thread: Episode 35: "Hero" (SPOILERS!)

Episode 35: "Hero" (SPOILERS!)

This thread is for the ninth episode of season 4 entitled "Hero."

Please feel free to discuss anything before and included in the episode.

I got to say I dig Mara's She-Ra look, except the extreme shoulder pads - Adora's are big enough. This was a great episode.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    Wow, this one was great. Madame Razz is a great character on this show and wish she was featured more. I've never been a fan of the lineage of She-Ras, but this put good use to it with Mara. I guess the only question is, "Who reprogrammed Light Hope?".

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor's Lackey View Post
    Wow, this one was great. Madame Razz is a great character on this show and wish she was featured more. I've never been a fan of the lineage of She-Ras, but this put good use to it with Mara. I guess the only question is, "Who reprogrammed Light Hope?".
    My guess would be she probably had some sort of fail safe built into her code that activated in the event of Mara going off script. We saw how LH struggled to bend the rules where Razz was concerned, and in "Protocol" she referred to the "Heart of Etheria Protocol" which probably governed her greater scope mission.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I initially had an issue with the First Ones being painted as villains intent on weaponising a planet but then I remembered that this is literally a thousand years before Adora was born which means these First Ones/Eternians are essentially ancient Eternians and not the Noble ones we know from the OG series... Unless they are actually tying continuity together and making the first ones from Primus (which could technically be viewed as a future colony of Eternia I guess) which makes sense for Mara... but then it would mean that Light Hope stole Adora across TIME as well as SPACE... Aaaah brain pretzelling
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

1860_4.jpg

Kay so the great and wise beings known as FIRST ONES are now this ?

I did enjoy the Mara flashback and her unique She Ra outfit . I did not enjoy Light Hope or the first ones being demonized .

I love this shows quality storyline but everytime they do something funny . I see politics . Etheria is now a "Land conquered by foreign invaders" cliche . Why bother having the Horde at all if the main villain is the First Ones ?
    Last edited by Lokus; November 12, 2019 at 03:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    1860_4.jpg

Kay so the great and wise beings known as FIRST ONES are now this .

I did enjoy the Mara flashback and her unique She Ra outfit . I did not enjoy Light Hope being demonized .
    As we saw in Season 2 in Signals, the First Ones were not Great and Wize beings, just ordinary people.

Also Light Hope presents two distinct sides, 1 a hologram carrying out its programmed mission and 2 an evolving personality capable of compassion that definitely doesn't agree with its programming (as we see in the Finale)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    As we saw in Season 2 in Signals, the First Ones were not Great and Wize beings, just ordinary people.

I have no problem with ordinary people that make mistakes .

But now they are foreign invaders , conquering the new world and everything that comes with that label .
    Last edited by Lokus; November 12, 2019 at 03:11am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I have no problem with ordinary people that make mistakes .

But now they are foreign invaders , conquering the new world and everything that comes with that label .
    The Skeksis comparison may be little harsh. We know they were trying to set up housekeeping, but Mara's dialogue indicates the original idea was to study the natural magic of Etheria (and as with any discovery, harness it). The only indication that they had any actual hostile intent towards the planet and its inhabitants was them creating a weapon, which may have come later. Light Hope seems to think the First Ones have already been beaten, but at the same time she was powerful enough to create a portal that could pull a whole planet into a dimension no one else could access. That, coupled with the existing settlements, seems to say Etheria was a fallback position, a place to hide while whoever it was they were fighting burned themselves out in conquest.
    I am Imp's number one fan.