Thread: Episode 39: "Destiny Part 2" (SPOILERS!)

Episode 39: "Destiny Part 2" (SPOILERS!)

This thread is for the thirteenth and final episode of season 4 entitled "Destiny Part 2."

Please feel free to discuss anything before and included in the episode.

I liked this episode. I liked it alot. The problem is it showed off an inherent problem this creative team seems to have in wanting characters they favor to look real good. I'm talking about Catra, and her being able to route Hordak with apparently minimal effort, then getting to play broken bird because Double Trouble betrayed her (I don't care how many comparisons people draw between her and, say, Azula, it doesn't stick for me). Honestly I had more sympathy for Hordak in this one than for Catra.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I'm not entirely sure what Double Trouble's deal is. Is it Horde Prime's agent?
    Probably Horde Prime's #1 fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Exor View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what Double Trouble's deal is. Is it Horde Prime's agent?
    I think they're just a free lancer looking to have both a good time and make money. Likely they don't think too far ahead about the consequences of choosing sides beyond making sure no one is about to shoot them from behind.

Wow talk about being left hanging ...

Horde Prime was very under whelming . I guess Cat Ra is going to have her way with him then take over management eventually .

I am not happy with how Hordak was treated this whole season . Shedding tears and now a drone worker . Even if he is rescued what then and what about Imp now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Wow talk about being left hanging ...

Horde Prime was very under whelming . I guess Cat Ra is going to have her way with him then take over management eventually .

I am not happy with how Hordak was treated this whole season . Shedding tears and now a drone worker . Even if he is rescued what then and what about Imp now ?
    I think they might be setting up Catra to try to do a Heel/Face Turn after having successfully prevented HP from just flattening Etheria.

It was easy to guess how Hordak's meeting with Horde Prime was going to go. What I find more interesting is Hordak's reaction to Horde Prime saying there was a time the clone didn't wish to be found. Personally I like the idea of Imp teaming with Entrapta to try to rescue Hordak. Somehow I think Imp being a Hordak clone and Entrapta being enraptured with mini- versions of things was meant to go together. I do have to wonder if the little guy is also susceptible to Horde Prime's powers too. Especially if, as Horde Prime seems to suggest, Hordak's whole flaw was simply individuality.

- - - Updated - - -

One question I have is who opened the portal that pulled Hordak into Despondos though? I mean my first thought is it was Light Hope by accident, trying to get help to undo what Mara did. But if that's the case, wouldn't Hordak have had to have been somewhere Light Hope expected to find a new Administrator? And if not her, who else could have done it?

I'd hate to think it was just an accident with some enemy's dimensional weapon.

I did love Powered Up Scorpia, even if she didn't stick around long. Given the level of power she puts on display every time she opts to get serious, you have to wonder how fortunate the rest of Etheria is Scorpia doesn't have the original's more aggressive personality.

Heroic Warrior
    A very interesting finale.

I wonder if Catra and Glimmer will join forces against a common enemy, being Horde Prime. Or if Catra is truly just moving onto the next "boss" to ingratiate herself with in her endless quest for power.

I assume that Adora will be able to tap into Etheria's magic to transform into She-Ra without the sword. Or maybe she'll use that magic to forge a new sword and also get a new She-Ra costume as well. I really liked Mara's She-Ra transformation and I wouldn't be opposed to Adora's transformation being similar.

I'm looking forward to potentially learning more of the First Ones (Eternians?) and their plans. Were they fighting Horde Prime? Is that who they intended to destroy with the Heart of Etheria? As Mara was She-Ra due to the Honour of Grayskull, will we meet the currently active He-Man who wields the Power of Grayskull? Did Light Hope select a particular infant First One to kidnap and transport to Etheria or is Adora's true family of no real importance in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I think they might be setting up Catra to try to do a Heel/Face Turn after having successfully prevented HP from just flattening Etheria.

It was easy to guess how Hordak's meeting with Horde Prime was going to go. What I find more interesting is Hordak's reaction to Horde Prime saying there was a time the clone didn't wish to be found. Personally I like the idea of Imp teaming with Entrapta to try to rescue Hordak. Somehow I think Imp being a Hordak clone and Entrapta being enraptured with mini- versions of things was meant to go together. I do have to wonder if the little guy is also susceptible to Horde Prime's powers too. Especially if, as Horde Prime seems to suggest, Hordak's whole flaw was simply individuality.

- - - Updated - - -

One question I have is who opened the portal that pulled Hordak into Despondos though? I mean my first thought is it was Light Hope by accident, trying to get help to undo what Mara did. But if that's the case, wouldn't Hordak have had to have been somewhere Light Hope expected to find a new Administrator? And if not her, who else could have done it?

Has it been said how long the Horde has been on Etheria? Maybe Hordak was trying to take Adora a la SOTS at exactly the time Light Hope was teaching out to bring her to Etheria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Has it been said how long the Horde has been on Etheria? Maybe Hordak was trying to take Adora a la SOTS at exactly the time Light Hope was teaching out to bring her to Etheria?
    It's been a while hasn't it given Angella and Micah were fighting the Horde when they were young? The current "Princess Alliance" is the second one. And the Evil Horde seem to control most of the planet, although the territories, battlelines, disputed territory, etc is very unclear in the series.

That typed, Scorpia seems to have already been born when Hordak first landed. Or maybe she was born later? I can't recall - did Scorpia say her father or grandfather gave up their kingdom to Hordak when he first arrived? I think she may have said it was her grandfather who first forged the "alliance" with Hordak and gave him the Black Garnet, so Scorpia may not have been born at that time. Then again, I'm fuzzy on Scorpia's age. I would have guessed she's around 25 to 30 as she seemed to be a more senior member of the Evil Horde, being a Force Captain, when Catra and Adora were still completing their training and trying to earn the rank of Force Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's been there at least long enough for Micah to have been a kid and known the Horde was a major threat to the planet. I think "Princess Scorpia" confirmed it was Scorpia's grandpa who let him set up the FRIGHT zone, so that's at least 3 generations ago. And that's not even getting into the idea that Hordak would have had to build up enough of a threat to convince the scorpion people to join him.

Someone may have to fact check me, but I think it was stated the Horde began its conquest 300 years prior to the start of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's a question. Given how hard they built up her power stealing/siphoning ability in season 1 and how it hasn't seen any use since, what does anyone think of the odds Shadow Weaver will attempt to steal Horde Prime's power and that will weaken him enough for the good guys to triumph?

With the implication that having free will was actualy Hordak's defect. My theory is that his physical condition is just natural for all of Horde Prime's clones and they just arn't built to last.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    With the implication that having free will was actualy Hordak's defect. My theory is that his physical condition is just natural for all of Horde Prime's clones and they just arn't built to last.
    Would make sense. If they have an expiration date, it becomes easier to replace them with better generation clones, especially if Horde Prime really is harvesting parts from the better ones to improve his own abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Would make sense. If they have an expiration date, it becomes easier to replace them with better generation clones, especially if Horde Prime really is harvesting parts from the better ones to improve his own abilities.
    Not to mention they probably age faster, so he can produce fully combat ready clones faster.

Not to mention they probably age faster, so he can produce fully combat ready clones faster.
    Of course a new question does present itself. If independence was Hordak's flaw that caused Horde Prime to try to get him killed, why then was he considered Horde Prime's greatest general? Military thinking may not be my strong suit, but I can't think a mindless drone that can't take initiative on it's own would make for even a passable general, much less a great one.

Well the Horde has been on Etheria for a very long time so that probably means at least some of them age slower . Hordak is clearly not a Combat clone . Scientist clones would age the slowest I imagine .