Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Plus starts November 12, that's tomorrow!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    So, my verdict is while I am over the moon about the old vintage Disney stuff from the 1940s-80s, I am bummed the real new stuff is missing. I was hoping for new live-action Aladdin, Lion King, and Toy Story 4. I guess that'll be on in a month or so, but I want it now!
    When it comes to Disney's newer theatrical movies, they aren't going to be putting them on Disney+ immediately after their theatrical runs. Since Disney is in the business of making money, they are still going to have a decent gap of time between the the options to purchase or directly rent the movie (be it physically or digitally) and that movie coming to Disney+, as to make as much money off of them directly and individually as possible.

All I gots to say is Maclunkly
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think I just added like 50 series to my watchlist.

I'm shocked at how many old Marvel series are on this. I've got enough content to last me months!! That's just the Marvel stuff. I haven't even gotten to the Star Wars stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I signed up for the 3 year deal to get the discount. I also picked up a Roku device since my smart TV, which is a few years old, likely won't be updated with Disney+ access, and my PS4 and Xbox One are not hooked up to my main TV in the living room.
    Excuse my ignorance but does the Roku actually work with Disney+ and is it any good? I just discovered this device months ago and have considered getting one. Disney+ may just be what finally gets me to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Only really interested in The Mandalorian. I have pretty much all the other cartoons on DVD.
    Is the new Clone Wars on Disney Plus?
    Alot of the Marvel cartoons from the 1980's never got a wide release on dvd so this is cool for me..

It's crazy how many things I added to my own watchlist already. So many cartoons (Marvel new and old), Gargoyles, an embarrassing number of older Disney movies I saw when I was little that I've all but forgotten about. And freaking MR. BOOGEDY! I watched that VHS recording until I wore it out when I was little. I watched it again today and the sounds and music and all the moments were instantly super familiar. I felt like I was a little kid again.

And that's not even starting with all the other movies I found that I didn't expect to be here that I loved. I think this service is definitely going to pay off for me.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but does the Roku actually work with Disney+ and is it any good? I just discovered this device months ago and have considered getting one. Disney+ may just be what finally gets me to buy one.
    This is my first one. I just set it up tonight. Disney+ is on it. I downloaded it, logged into my account, and so far, so good. Everything has been working very smoothly so far.

So far my wife and I watched a couple of episodes of The Legend of the Three Caballeros, which is a pretty good show. I plan to check out The Mandalorian soon.

I'll be signing up for it when it's available over here, which won't be until March.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Right? Cable is such a rip off. I have not had it in over a decade (close to 15 years now). One place we rented had it for free and I am not even sure we hooked it up.
    I just make do with the free channels on TV. On the odd occassion maybe once or twice a year I would get Netflix for a month but other than that I don't bother with streaming services.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Alot of the Marvel cartoons from the 1980's never got a wide release on dvd so this is cool for me..
    Cool. I can't say I was ever that bothered about Marvel cartoons although I did like Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Hulk and te Fantastic Four cartoons.

Super pumped about that!!! Spidy and his amazing friends is one of my all time favorite cartoons.. Tho i bet they dont have the Red Skull Episode on there. hahah..

Id Love to see some of the Spider man TV shows from the 70ies on there , and a bloody miracle if they can get the Japanese show.. THAT would be just too amazin!
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Disney+ has a Roku app which I've added, but I haven't paid for it yet... so I can't speak how well it works.

That said, I have been really pleased with my Roku. Hulu, Netflix, CW all on my tv and I haven't had any issues at all. Makes getting rid of the Cable bill very easy. I highly recommend it.

Side note: When picking them out.. .there is Roku and Roku + with a $5-$10 difference. The only difference is that both have HDMI connections... and the + also includes the older RYW connectors for older tvs. If you have HDMI on your TVs... then save the extra money.

Master of New Adventures!
    This is just what I need -- something else that I love, making my life even more complicated.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I caved in at the last minute and got Disney + (mainly for the live action Marvel stuff) but am ecstatic that Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends was on there. I was thrilled to see The Incredible Hulk animated series but it turned out to be the 90’s series and not the 80’s one. But I am slowly going through Clone Wars and old Disney animated movies (looking forward to watching the Black Cauldron).
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I caved in at the last minute and got Disney + (mainly for the live action Marvel stuff) but am ecstatic that Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends was on there. I was thrilled to see The Incredible Hulk animated series but it turned out to be the 90’s series and not the 80’s one. But I am slowly going through Clone Wars and old Disney animated movies (looking forward to watching the Black Cauldron).
    Last minute?? Still have tons of time... I'm probably gonna sign up some time next week... or maybe early December.

And yeah... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the 80's Hulk cartoon.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Last minute?? Still have tons of time... I'm probably gonna sign up some time next week... or maybe early December.

And yeah... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the 80's Hulk cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."
    Go for it Jack the little kid in you will LOVE the Nostalgia stuff you haven't seen in years and in better quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ha, I burned through Spidey and his Amazing friends, man I miss the old Saturday mornings, then went to right to Black Cauldron and Sword and the Stone. I own Robin Hood on dvd so there was no need to watch that one. Man I miss pre Lion king Disney. Black Cauldron was tough to find, had to do a search for it. Hope that helps.

Mandalorian is a blast so far, no pun intended, if you’re into old school Star Wars.

Thank you for the push, Meg. I'm going to follow your advice.

Go for it Jack the little kid in you will LOVE the Nostalgia stuff you haven't seen in years and in better quality...