Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 181 - Memories of vintage Masters of the Universe

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 181 - Memories of vintage Masters of the Universe

Episode 181 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Daniel Benedict and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    their childhood memories of vintage Masters of the Universe,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on November 7, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 06 minutes, 27 seconds

Direct link for Episode 181

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Thanks for picking my question (Tony Hoffman here),
    apologies for not mentionning my screen name by the way.

I'll add one last thing regarding the reality of the Classics situation:
    Many fans covering many topics on the subject, and the precariousness of the line have expressed
    several and several times their wishes to see a crowfunding of some sort to be considered.
    Circumstances have become pretty tough for deluxe collectibles items, and I'm convinced that hardcore collectors
    are ready, they have assimilated this. Let's just give it a try!

Ps: After hearing what Val had to say about the way Hasbro VS Mattel operate with their franchises,
    I wish I had a time machine to fix this matter right away.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; November 16, 2019 at 08:13am.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Listened to this yesterday. Daniel's feelings are very similar to mine. All my figures are attached to memories. I can remember who got it for me, where we got it, when, etc... The toys have a deep connection to my memories and are more than just plastic. I've been able to keep most of my old figures and not sure I could ever part with them for those reasons. I feel badly for those like Val and Nate who no longer have their originals.

I marvel that you all are able to recall your first memories about MOTU so vividly! I don't have a great memory, and on top of that, I was really young when MOTU started, being born in 1981. I do recall one year for Easter I got a Prince Adam and Orko, but I don't think those were my first MOTU figures, but certainly the earliest memory I have related to MOTU. I know I watched the cartoon and had just about everything that came out until around 1986-87; I had some of the figures in those waves, but not all. I also distinctly remember getting a Fright Zone from an aunt one year for Christmas, but those are about as distinct as I can remember. I have one vague memory of being in what I believe was a Target, and them having a wall of Night Stalkers with Jitsu, and then some not-so-proud memories of me stealing some lost accessories from carded figures at Wal-Mart . I remember wanting Ram Man really badly, but he couldn't be found anywhere, and my mom wrote to Mattel and they actually sent her one! I can remember a lot more memories about collecting the TMNT line, I'm guessing because I was a bit older by that time, but MOTU was definitely my first and most-loved toy line, despite the lack of strong memories.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor