Thread: Prayers requested

Master of New Adventures!

Prayers requested

Our seventeen-year old daughter, Zoe, is having her four wisdom teeth extracted today, going under general anesthetic

Kim and I would sincerely appreciate any prayers on Zoe's behalf from orgers.

Thank you,

Jack

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Sending all the best, Mr. Jack!

(and I have to ask what she thinks of sharing her name with a "Sesame Street" Muppet, even spelled the same??)
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Wishing the best for Zoe and a speedy healing process!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Wishing for the best!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Best wishes!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Here's hoping it goes smoothly and heals quickly.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Oh man, wisdom teeth suck! Sending prayers and healing vibes Zoe's way.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Many thanks to one and all. Zoe came through the surgery well but it's difficult for her to deal with as she's never had surgery before. Fortunately, her dad is a former USAF Search-and-Rescue medic, so I've got a lot of experience in things medical. Equally important, like her mother, she's tough as nails.

First twenty-four hours are the hardest.

Again, thanks to all. Your prayers mean more than you can know.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Many thanks to one and all. Zoe came through the surgery well but it's difficult for her to deal with as she's never had surgery before. Fortunately, her dad is a former USAF Search-and-Rescue medic, so I've got a lot of experience in things medical. Equally important, like her mother, she's tough as nails.

Glad to hear that everything turned out ok.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Good to hear everything went well. I had my wisdom teeth extracted (all four were impacted as well) when I was 19, about three months after I got to Fort Wainwright. It was still considered a duty day for me, so I went in my BDU's of course. They gassed me and I had an IV, and next thing I remember I woke up to a slightly bloody pillow where my face had been, my mouth packed with gauze and SGT McNally bringing me back to the barracks. The next three days I barely remember through the Percocet induced haze LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Good to hear everything went well. I had my wisdom teeth extracted (all four were impacted as well) when I was 19, about three months after I got to Fort Wainwright. It was still considered a duty day for me, so I went in my BDU's of course. They gassed me and I had an IV, and next thing I remember I woke up to a slightly bloody pillow where my face had been, my mouth packed with gauze and SGT McNally bringing me back to the barracks. The next three days I barely remember through the Percocet induced haze LOL
    Nice story!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Glad everything went well and I hope she has a speedy recovery.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Thanks, Dice. Third day home but improving. I just made her my classic French Toast -- slices from a King's Hawaiian Bread loaf dipped in eggs, cinnamon and brown sugar, then into my cast iron pan until golden brown. A little powdered sugar sprinkled on top, accompanied by sausages. It's a good sign that she's eating well. All bleeding stopped. No blood when gargling. Slept through the night. Off prescription meds today.

Again, my most sincere and heartfelt thanks to everyone for well wishes. This is the best of what he-man.org is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Glad everything went well and I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks, Dice. Third day home but improving. I just made her my classic French Toast -- slices from a King's Hawaiian Bread loaf dipped in eggs, cinnamon and brown sugar, then into my cast iron pan until golden brown. A little powdered sugar sprinkled on top, accompanied by sausages. It's a good sign that she's eating well. All bleeding stopped. No blood when gargling. Slept through the night. Off prescription meds today.

Again, my most sincere and heartfelt thanks to everyone for well wishes. This is the best of what he-man.org is about.
    That's good to hear and that breakfast sounds delicious!
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

There must be something in the air, my GIANT filling fell out of my molar today My dentist cannot see me until after the holiday.

Glad to hear Zoe is doing well. I still remember what it was like to get mine out and that was years ago!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Thanks, but sorry to hear that, Icey.

Do you know that the drug stores care temporary fillings? They come in small containers of putty-like material. You can usually find them in the toothpaste section. You roll it into a ball and press it up inside the opening in your tooth. Buy three or four because they need to be replaced every week or so. Try not to brush in the area because they fall out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    There must be something in the air, my GIANT filling fell out of my molar today My dentist cannot see me until after the holiday.

Glad to hear Zoe is doing well. I still remember what it was like to get mine out and that was years ago!

Thanks, but sorry to hear that, Icey.

Do you know that the drug stores care temporary fillings? They come in small containers of putty-like material. You can usually find them in the toothpaste section. You roll it into a ball and press it up inside the opening in your tooth. Buy three or four because they need to be replaced every week or so. Try not to brush in the area because they fall out easily.
    Thank you! I just saw this and Chris picked me up one on the way home from work. It is a HUGE hole because it has already been filled three times previously. It is on the side of my back molar. I get them there due to silent GERD. I can normally keep it under control with diet, but I have been kind of off the reservation in the food department since Buzz died. Trying to get back on track though, started last week.

When I saw the headline I thought there was an accident or serious disease/sickness, but it's wisdom tooth extraction...

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    When I saw the headline I thought there was an accident or serious disease/sickness, but it's wisdom tooth extraction...
    Do you have any children? Sometimes even the simplest procedures can be terrifying if you are a parent. You wear your heart outside of your body when you have children.

Then just make sure to push enough of the stuff up into the hole. I'ver used it in the past and it's a lifesaver, stopping food from getting in and blocking sugar from hitting the nerve sending you into spasms of pain.

Thank you! I just saw this and Chris picked me up one on the way home from work. It is a HUGE hole because it has already been filled three times previously. It is on the side of my back molar. I get them there due to silent GERD. I can normally keep it under control with diet, but I have been kind of off the reservation in the food department since Buzz died. Trying to get back on track though, started last week.
    - - - Updated - - -

It's regrettable that you feel my asking for prayers was overblown. Anything that effects my children is of great importance to me. The reality is that she had to go under general anesthetic and there are always risks involved. I can link some newspaper articles about deaths from anesthetic and dental surgery if you wish.

As for your expressing your opinion that this wasn't really important, you might want to bear in mind that unsolicited advice is kind of like virginity: it's a gift generally more highly prized by the donor than the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Agreed. But if it was a simple procedure I wouldn't have asked for prayers. Going under general anesthetic, having gums cut, having four extracted and going through three days of pain is not something I'd call a simple procedure.

Do you have any children? Sometimes even the simplest procedures can be terrifying if you are a parent. You wear your heart outside of your body when you have children.

Agreed. But if it was a simple procedure I wouldn't have asked for prayers. Going under general anesthetic, having gums cut, having four extracted and going through three days of pain is not something I'd call a simple procedure.
    Oh, I know. I have gone through it, but they did not put me out. I was awake for the whole thing and the nurse actually slapped my hand because I put it near my mouth. My point is that even something simple is nerve wracking for a parent. I do not even like if my children have the sniffles.

Agreed. I'm just not a fan of someone saying that asking for prayers when one has surgery requiring a general anesthetic is hyperbole.

And for the record, Icey, I know you are an amazing mother.

Oh, I know. I have gone through it, but they did not put me out. I was awake for the whole thing and the nurse actually slapped my hand because I put it near my mouth. My point is that even something simple is nerve wracking for a parent. I do not even like if my children have the sniffles.

Yes, three.

- - - Updated - - -

I had wisdom teeth extracted under general anesthesia.

Why does everyone get knocked out but me? LOL! So the first one was impacted and infected and I did not have dental insurance, so I had to go to some sketchy dentist to have it yanked out. Then the other three I did have an oral surgeon, but they kept me awake for the procedure.